I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I second @wanderlust7 The tracker shows exactly 90 days but Chase usually has unofficial leeway. Reps won't know or say, but historical semi-officially it's 115 days and still good DPs of around 100 ish days. If it's only $100 or so, what does it hurt to try? I'd spend asap and hope for the best.

But to your question, the Biz cards are independent. You an hold all the biz cards at a time, but only 1 personal (without the MDD loophole). So if the spend doesn't work, look at the other biz card or you can indeed close the one and apply again.
I thought you weren't allowed to close card so soon,thought it had to be open a year?

Does any of have a favorite “yes you have a business/how to apply for a business credit card” article that they like to pass on to friends or newbies? I’ve got a friend who wants to apply for a business credit card, and I want her to have something to read in addition to what I’m telling her 😀. There’s a million when I Google, but I would love something that people have read and trusted.

SWA question (lots of those here right now lol) I have a 2 SWA cc's both just turned a year old, AF just hit for both on 2/1/23....however I don't see the annual points drop in my acct yet,when does that happen? and I will need to call in to cancel these,right? no SM? I don't want to do that till I get the anni points tho....
I believe that SW points post to your RR account within a few days of the statement closing but someone can correct me if this is wrong. You have 30 days from when your AF posted to close the card and have the AF refunded. There might be a grace period after 30 days but I've never waited that long.

This happened to me as well. I still don’t know how i re- earned CP through 2023, but i was in the middle of my spend on my biz cards trying to earn CP thru 2024. I received a congratulatory email from southwest around the time my first bonus points hit my account and i was definitely confused and worried it might mess up my plan to earn through 2024. But my second biz card bonus has since posted and it triggered a second congratulatory email from SW regarding CP status through 2024. I can’t answer your question as to why we earned prematurely for 2023, but i wouldn’t worry about it messing up your plan for 2024!
I'm relieved to hear that your CP through 2024 was confirmed. Earning the CP early in 2023 actually turns out to benefit me but I didn't want to loose out on 2024.

SWA question (lots of those here right now lol) I have a 2 SWA cc's both just turned a year old, AF just hit for both on 2/1/23....however I don't see the annual points drop in my acct yet,when does that happen? and I will need to call in to cancel these,right? no SM? I don't want to do that till I get the anni points tho....
They can take a couple of weeks from statement close to post. Just keep checking and then close once you see them. You can send a SM to close the cards.

Hey Costa Rica fans - currently on day2 at the Andaz having just spent 4 nights at the Tabacon Thermal Resort. Just wanted to pop in here and let y’all know - this place is amazing - and I mean the country not just the hotels. We are loving our time here. People and staff are so cheerful and friendly- nothing is too much trouble.

This is our first time in CR and we are already trying to figure out when we can return. I can seriously say my health and wellbeing has improved just being here and escaping the Northeast winter. Just a shame we have to go back - but for the next 48 hrs I am so going to enjoy this

View attachment 736946
Is that Rio Bhongo right in front of you? It's been just over a month and I'd love to go back. Did you rent a car or arrange private transportation for your CR trip? Enjoy your time there!

I am very FRUSTRATED with Chase right now. I tried applying for my first CIU card and my first business credit card ever.

I was declined which, was expected. I had three reasons- Too many cards, Business Structure, and Insufficient Business Deposits. I expected this as a sole proprietor.

The only reason he would explain was too many cards. 5/24. This had me so frustrated because I know EXACTLY when my cards were opened. I am at 4/24 currently. BUTTT I have to AU account with my wife with an AMEX Gold and a Capital One Venture. He was not having it and kept telling me that I was at 6 card and could not apply until next May...

He would not even explain the other two reasons for decline...so what can I do to alleviate those issues? Make a business checking account for the deposit issue? And then just call and explain my business structure? I have read that being a sole proprietor usually gets declined regardless and then you just need to call.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am very FRUSTRATED with Chase right now. I tried applying for my first CIU card and my first business credit card ever.

I was declined which, was expected. I had three reasons- Too many cards, Business Structure, and Insufficient Business Deposits. I expected this as a sole proprietor.

The only reason he would explain was too many cards. 5/24. This had me so frustrated because I know EXACTLY when my cards were opened. I am at 4/24 currently. BUTTT I have to AU account with my wife with an AMEX Gold and a Capital One Venture. He was not having it and kept telling me that I was at 6 card and could not apply until next May...

He would not even explain the other two reasons for decline...so what can I do to alleviate those issues? Make a business checking account for the deposit issue? And then just call and explain my business structure? I have read that being a sole proprietor usually gets declined regardless and then you just need to call.

Sole proprietors with Chase are usually approved as long as you're under 5/24 and haven't applied for too many Chase cards too fast (personal included). You might be able to get them to disregard the AU accounts with the magic words being that you're not financially responsible for those accounts.

The other 2 reasons may be irrelevant. Business structure might refer to the category you applied under, but I haven't seen any data points of denials based on that recently. At one point during the pandemic, they didn't like the real estate category (I think that's no longer the case).

All our PHX folks, can someone help me decide what's an acceptable connection time? Looking at AA flights and all their connections in PHX are 25 mins. It's for middle of the week in the middle of May so I don't expect weather or demand to affect it much. Are all the gates really close together or something?

They have a few flights that day so if we pick an earlier flight time, it gives options if it gets missed. I'm all about short connections, but I'm just surprised they're all that tight. I think that's like the minimum legal connection time right? I feel like if everything went exactly according to plan they'd be boarding when we arrive. :scared:
We did this last year between Houston and Hawaii. The 25 minute connection is unnerving. And our gates were not even remotely close to one another. We walked the fastest pace possible and when we arrived people were already lined up to start boarding. We had just enough time to grab a snack, but that is only because there was a kiosk right there.

Not surprisingly we are faced with this same connection time if we want to travel on AA this year too. We haven't bought the tickets yet, but are considering the same flights... I guess we're nuts. :scared:

Sole proprietors with Chase are usually approved as long as you're under 5/24 and haven't applied for too many Chase cards too fast (personal included). You might be able to get them to disregard the AU accounts with the magic words being that you're not financially responsible for those accounts.

The other 2 reasons may be irrelevant. Business structure might refer to the category you applied under, but I haven't seen any data points of denials based on that recently. At one point during the pandemic, they didn't like the real estate category (I think that's no longer the case).
Thank you. I have a feeling I have applied for too many and I just need to wait a little longer to try again. I will remember your advice next time about the AU if I need to explain my situation.

Thank you. I have a feeling I have applied for too many and I just need to wait a little longer to try again. I will remember your advice next time about the AU if I need to explain my situation.

General rule of thumb is 3 months in between Chase cards. If you've already gone faster than that, then wait a longer period until it averages out to around that.

Is that Rio Bhongo right in front of you? It's been just over a month and I'd love to go back. Did you rent a car or arrange private transportation for your CR trip? Enjoy your time there!

Yes, that’s Rio Bhongo. Did the barista class there yesterday. Fun and informative. We didn’t rent a car as it was ridiculously expensive by the time I got round to looking. Car service has worked out well for us this trip but would probably look to rent a car next time.

Just checking out the four seasons this morning- nice, but not worth double the price of the Andaz imo

It takes a few days but definitely in time to cancel. I aways SM to cancel.

All of my and DHs cards were approved as sole proprietor. And low revenue. Sounds like you are 6/24 and not 4/24 And that is the real reason.

Anyone have thoughts on this offer from Frontier for the Go Wild Pass? I've never flown with them but they are in the top offerings at my closest airport along with Delta and SW. Admittedly, what I have heard about them is not at all positive.

I'm planning several trips throughout the summer with my daughter so I can see it being beneficial, but I don't know what additional cost "bags or seats" could run since those are excluded in this pass. I've done very well on SW and have more than benefitted from the CP gained from my MDD biz cards, but I'm not opposed to expanding my options.

EDIT: Oh bless. Nevermind. This isn't for me. Read the conditions and domestic flights can only be booked one day in advance. I'm not THAT flexible in my travel!

Last edited:
So my Mypoints account was hacked and someone tried to drain it. They went after $150 in paypal and $100 Best Buy card. I was clicking through my emails, kinda wondering what some of them meant. So I clicked on my account and see. I got to the "we cancelled your recently linked paypal account" emails and was like HUH? They refunded the $150 to paypal. But I see the best buy card got emailed to me. I mean I GUESS at least it was emailed to ME. But I did open an inquiry on that and told them I didn't authorize this and asked if it could be refunded. Otherwise I have to figure out how to use $100 at best buy! I never get stuff there anymore. So I'm not happy if I get stuck w/ it! I also changed my password. I'm not happy :( I guess the hacker didn't realize the card would be emailed to me.

Anyone have thoughts on this offer from Frontier for the Go Wild Pass? I've never flown with them but they are in the top offerings at my closest airport along with Delta and SW. Admittedly, what I have heard about them is not at all positive.

I'm planning several trips throughout the summer with my daughter so I can see it being beneficial, but I don't know what additional cost "bags or seats" could run since those are excluded in this pass. I've done very well on SW and have more than benefitted from the CP gained from my MDD biz cards, but I'm not opposed to expanding my options.

EDIT: Oh bless. Nevermind. This isn't for me. Read the conditions and domestic flights can only be booked one day in advance. I'm not THAT flexible in my travel!
Frontier isn't terrible, but it's like spirit. Know they charge for everything. But yeah, essentially that program is flying standby. You get used to the lifestyle, LOL. I mean I flew standby to a wedding I was in, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!