I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Weird southwest thing. Got a "your change is confirmed" email for a flight in January. I didn't make any changes. In looking at it closely, SW changed the flight, eliminated the connection city and changed it to a different connection city, getting in 90 mins later. But the email I got wasn't the typical, "there's been a change to your flight" email with the ability to change flights for no cost. No banner on my itinerary. My acct hasn't been hacked, this is legitimately SW eliminating my flight (It's no longer an option to book on that date) and processing the change as if it was done self-service by the customer. Same deal for P2's flight, just without any notification email at all.

Anyone ever have something like this happen? I probably would take advantage of the free change if it were offered.
I had a change made the other day too. SW eliminated the perfect 11am RDU-MCO flight and put me on a 7:10am flight. NOPE. But my email said "a change was made to your 1/11 trip," and I had the normal banner in the app about being able to change for free (in fact, it said I could change two times??) But I had to call because had bought EBCI and wanted a refund. I actually used chat through the app and they were able to refund my flight and EBCI (I switched over to Frontier). If you hate calling and you can't change online, maybe try chatting through the app?

Is there any downside to having my husband "add an employee card" for me on a Chase Biz (just to make me feel better about using a card that has my own name on it). If it matters, I have a handful of Chase Biz cards myself so I don't know if they would look askance at my now being an "employee" of someone else.
Nope, no downside. Doesn’t count towards 5/24. You can easily be an employee. DH and I always get employee cards with Chase, Amex, etc. It’s just nice having a second card.

I agree that we will be right back at the announcement in a couple of years. We definitely need to look at status with UA and AA. We no longer live in Atlanta and have to take a connecting flight to all destinations. UA and AA both service our local airports so I really need to start looking into it.
yeah the only bummers I've noticed so far are no screen on the back and ridiculously expensive wifi (because delta is free) the food has been way better on AA but I have a tablet the 20$ for wifi still doesn't make up the price being 2x for the flight we took.

There were a lot of changes made over the weekend by SW. You will still have access to the free change, but you'll have to call in to get it. My flight to MCO got changed this weekend too, but I got the standard email.
Same thing happened to me. I was not impressed. I hope SWA doesn’t do more of this. The change I was offered didn’t work and now I have one less day on my vacation. It makes me rethink booking with them, I kept it because it was a half price purchase.

Same thing happened to me. I was not impressed. I hope SWA doesn’t do more of this. The change I was offered didn’t work and now I have one less day on my vacation. It makes me rethink booking with them, I kept it because it was a half price purchase.
Every airline has flight changes. My co-worker is flying home with Delta that same day and his early flight also got cancelled. Anytime there is a significant schedule change you always have the option of cancelling for a refund to original method of payment or pretty much any flight you want to change to. My change worked out better for me as I now get to sleep in until 6 am rather than having to get up at 3:30 to fly home.

I canceled my spring break Disney Cruise. Between my dad's health and my fragile older dog (she turns 17 next Saturday), my life is too much up in the air now to commit to this. I do have another cruise planned for 2025, so I'm not really disappointed. Playing Japan in May by ear at the moment.

And I finally signed my HVAC proposal and they take credit cards so I should finish up my Hilton FNC spend and most of my CIU MSR.

Weird southwest thing. Got a "your change is confirmed" email for a flight in January. I didn't make any changes. In looking at it closely, SW changed the flight, eliminated the connection city and changed it to a different connection city, getting in 90 mins later. But the email I got wasn't the typical, "there's been a change to your flight" email with the ability to change flights for no cost. No banner on my itinerary. My acct hasn't been hacked, this is legitimately SW eliminating my flight (It's no longer an option to book on that date) and processing the change as if it was done self-service by the customer. Same deal for P2's flight, just without any notification email at all.

Anyone ever have something like this happen? I probably would take advantage of the free change if it were offered.
yes, this happened to us. No email or nothing, I only noticed because I want to see if the prices had dropped.

DW received an offer to upgrade her Amex biz gold to a biz platinum. Is there any difference between the biz or personal when it comes to triggering the airline credit? Also I don't remember if the credit reset in January or at the beginning of the cardmember year.

DoC posted about an Amazon subscribe & save for pet stuff at 50% off. Was able to do a 30lb bag of Tux blue Buffalo for 38 which is awesome and it set it up for the 1st del to be Dec 15, which is fine for us. I'll cancel after I get the food.
Thanks for posting!! I was able to get a 40lb bag of food at 50% off! I also logged into DH's account and bought a big bag of jerky treats for 50% off also. Will cancel both subscribe and save after we receive, but I just snagged both things for only $30 so I'm pretty happy with those savings!

DoC posted about an Amazon subscribe & save for pet stuff at 50% off. Was able to do a 30lb bag of Tux blue Buffalo for 38 which is awesome and it set it up for the 1st del to be Dec 15, which is fine for us. I'll cancel after I get the food.
Thanks so much for posting this. We already have our giant bag delivered from Amazon, but I was able to activate this and saved $36! Canceled the previous recurring subscription.

I had a change made the other day too. SW eliminated the perfect 11am RDU-MCO flight and put me on a 7:10am flight. NOPE. But my email said "a change was made to your 1/11 trip," and I had the normal banner in the app about being able to change for free (in fact, it said I could change two times??) But I had to call because had bought EBCI and wanted a refund. I actually used chat through the app and they were able to refund my flight and EBCI (I switched over to Frontier). If you hate calling and you can't change online, maybe try chatting through the app?

yes, this happened to us. No email or nothing, I only noticed because I want to see if the prices had dropped.

Thanks, I request a reaccomodation via chat without any problem, despite not having the banner on either account. Fast and painless and now I have better dates.

DW received an offer to upgrade her Amex biz gold to a biz platinum. Is there any difference between the biz or personal when it comes to triggering the airline credit? Also I don't remember if the credit reset in January or at the beginning of the cardmember year.
Credit resets in January, and no there isn’t any difference in how the credit works.

Question about Chase offers… I booked a flight through Air Canada Aeroplan last night. This morning I was looking through my Chase offers and realized there’s an Air Canada 10% back offer on the card that I used. After smacking myself in the head repeatedly, I added the offer to the card. The charge is still pending. Any data points on the offer maybe possibly working even though it was technically added after the charge was made??
I have added it after a purchase while the charge was pending and had it work.

I have decided to go for the SW CP. I searched to find the old SW guidance, but couldn't find it anywhere (it could be because I overlooked it). Is the guidance apply for 1 card and then wait 30 days for the second application? Could I do an MDD to speed up that process?

Like several others I just got an email from SW about schedule change. I scheduled a flight 11:30 am
after a cruise and now it got changed to 1230 pm. Now I don't have to stress and rush the family off
the ship like an Olympic race to make the flight.

For the first time in history SW has made a positive schedule change for me. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I have decided to go for the SW CP. I searched to find the old SW guidance, but couldn't find it anywhere (it could be because I overlooked it). Is the guidance apply for 1 card and then wait 30 days for the second application? Could I do an MDD to speed up that process?
If you want 2 personal cards, you need to do the DD. These days, they have a rule that you can only have one personal card.

Can I pull this off? My husband has 80k SW points earned this year. I already have a companion pass but we’re going to Hawaii and another would be really nice. If he applies for a SW business credit card today, the statement close date should be before 12/31, and as long as we hit the minimum spend on that window, he should get the SUB in time right? Should I try to pull this off? Thoughts? I know I need to act fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter