I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I always feel that credits take longer to post in the first few days of the year.

Or month period. I try not to use my amex credits the first couple of days if I can help it for this reason.

Several on reddit haven't gotten it from the 1st, most hoping to cancel within the next couple of days.

My new year's resolution is to stay current reading this board, as i try to position my family to take advantage of all the best cc deals. I try to keep up here but, after I get a new card, I tend to stop reading and I often miss out. Going forward, I also plan to scan DOC for updates. Are there any other websites I should also consider keeping up with?
I like milesfeed .com. It's an aggregator that pulls recent posts from several sites like DoC, and it has reddit churning links. It's convenient to access info in one place.

Does anyone mind telling me how you like to use your Visa GCs (when you buy them fee free at Staples, for example)?

I have never received one as a gift or used one so I am not sure what to use them for. Could they be used on Amazon, for example? I do buy a lot of things on Amazon, so I suppose that could come in handy.

Does anyone mind telling me how you like to use your Visa GCs (when you buy them fee free at Staples, for example)?

I have never received one as a gift or used one so I am not sure what to use them for. Could they be used on Amazon, for example? I do buy a lot of things on Amazon, so I suppose that could come in handy.
I use mine mostly at Costco, both in store and online. I have loaded other Visa GC to my Amazon account, that should work also.

I use them mostly for groceries and primarily at Costco. They 'drain' very easily at Costco, as in if you have a few dollars left on one, it will take that and allow you to use a second, and more. Doesn't work like that at Sam's Club. There has to be enough on your card to cover your whole Sam's Club purchase.

Mentioning also that fee free Master Card gift cards can be used at Costco.

I use mine at Costco, like others have said they auto-drain there well so I use up the remnants there, but I mostly use mine for my utilities, doctors co-pays and haircuts. Anywhere that I can that the category is less than 5X. I'm lucky in that I can pay my utilities with one fee free. I use up the leftover amounts on this bill as it will allow me to use down to $1.

You can use them on Amazon. I often drain the card by loading it to Amazon. I always register the card so it's got my name and address too.

Currently I'm using them to pay my car ins so I need to get a few of the $200 to finish this week. I'll also use them at the chiropractor for my copay and then whatever else while I'm working on the msr.

Never for gas or places that need tips, it just complicates things too much for me.

Does anyone have the BCE? It has 3% online purchases, does that include utilities paid online?

Last edited:

I don't like having them around so I try to use them up ASAP. I will sometimes use them to buy a Costco Shop Card so I can use for Costco gas. Also, I use them to pay tuition when working on an MSR. If not working on an MSR, I normally don't use for anything that costs a fee. I can auto drain them at Costco, the grocery store, or Amazon so that is never a problem for me.

I have a trip insurance question. I'm about to book an Airbnb for spring break. I booked our airline tickets using my CSP. Do I need to use the CSP for the Airbnb to cover it with trip insurance or can I use my husband's Ink card to finish up the MSR?

Anyone know the recon line for the Barlcay Biz denials? I'm waiting on the letter for the denial on the JetBlue Biz card. They have a great sale right now, but I want to make sure we can get the free checked bags w/ the card. Reports are mixed on whether or not you get free bags on a reservation if you get the card later.

For those of you that have the ATT Business Fiber offer on your Amex card, there is a way to use the offer on any ATT product.
I clicked on the link from the offer and opened it in Incognito browser. From the landing page in the upper right corner under Account click pay without signing in which brings up a new tab. I Selected Uverse, entered in my account number. Did not click check balance. Proceeded to pay $50.00. It limits you to 2 of these payments every 24 hours. Pre auth on Amex shows AT&T HSIA BUS E-EVR. My account is residential AT&T Fiber standalone.

I got the Amex email about 48 hours later and the credit posted 5 days later. I just did it on 12/28.

ETA: I did not find this workaround, I learned it from comments on Doc.

Thanks for this! Just followed these steps to pay $50 on my AT&T wireless bill. Fingers crossed it works like your did!
Did it work on the wireless? I need to pay my bill and I know I had the offer on one of my cards. Now I just need to go back and find it, LOL.

I MS the VGC most of the time. Or I use them on taxes if I have a spend and taxes are around the same time, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter