I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Today we went to USPS and sent off for our very first passports. We have a cruise the last week of July so hopefully we will have them by then. We didn’t pay for expedited processing..honestly I just didn’t want to spend an additional $120, so hopefully it was a good decision and they’ll arrive on time. If not, we will just have to use our birth certificates like we’ve always done. Either way we are excited for our WDW trip in May and our July cruise to the Bahamas, which we’ve never been to before!!
State department updated processing times last week saying 10-13 weeks for standard and 7-9 for expedited. I wouldn't spend an extra 50% to move up a couple weeks either. 13 weeks brings you to the end of June, you should be fine.

DH and I have had a productive couple weeks. We made the 2 hour drive each way to our nearest TSA Pre-Check location and got signed up. We had a 4:20 pm appt on Friday and had our KTN numbers by noon on Sunday. Way faster than I expected! Got it added to all of our upcoming flights. Today we went to USPS and sent off for our very first passports. We have a cruise the last week of July so hopefully we will have them by then. We didn’t pay for expedited processing..honestly I just didn’t want to spend an additional $120, so hopefully it was a good decision and they’ll arrive on time. If not, we will just have to use our birth certificates like we’ve always done. Either way we are excited for our WDW trip in May and our July cruise to the Bahamas, which we’ve never been to before!!
Great job getting it all checked off your list! I am working on similar stuff but not making as much headway lol.

All of this talk about needing extended time for international connections is making me nervous about my 2 hour connection time in Amsterdam. I’m arriving from Houston and going on to Frankfurt arriving next Monday April 3. I had a nonstop from IAH to FRA but I’m concerned about the airport and train strikes in Germany. Plus I wanted a lie flat seat on the overseas leg. So glad I made the change on Saturday because the points have more than doubled for the same flight. I can change to a later flight if I need to from AMS to FRA. Any frequent travelers who have connected thru AMS? Would love some input.
I've flown through AMS a handful of times... and each time my flights were delayed. In my opinion the airport is MASSIVE and I was initially intimidated by how far I had to walk and having to go through a second set of security to get to my plane. To be fair - I had PLENTY of time and my concerns (although valid) were not warranted -- even if my flights weren't delayed.

My plan (not a Magenta plan) says unlimited text/data up to 256Kbps and 25 cents per minute for calls. I don't understand wht 256kbps means but it didn't sound great and it probably isn't based on what you are getting on Magenta LOL. thanks!

I will look into this. thanks!
I don’t have magenta and while sometimes service is a little slow I’ve never had a major problem

State department updated processing times last week saying 10-13 weeks for standard and 7-9 for expedited. I wouldn't spend an extra 50% to move up a couple weeks either. 13 weeks brings you to the end of June, you should be fine.
Thanks for that update.

This is interesting. I have offers on Amex cards for $20 on YouTube TV and also $11.99 back for YouTube premium. I don't have YouTube premium just TV but I added the offer in case I decided to try it. My TV bill hit the statement today and I got two emails, congratulating me for using both of these offers!

Finally got DH an Amex Card. None of the referrals worked - denied on all of them. Logged into his account and he had an offer for the AMEX Biz Gold for 95,000 MR'.s $10,000 spend in 90 days for 90,000 MRs and additional 5000 MR's when an employee makes a purchase of $1000.

So, I added myself as an employee but getting the 0 Fee Green Biz Card instead. Is the $1000 I need to spend on that card included in the total $10,000 spend or is it additional - meaning I need to spend $11,000 for the SUB?

Also, DS has been looking for another card as he has an engagement ring purchase coming up. Keeps getting denials even though he has great credit. I just recently got the Ink Cash Card. I see that has 0% for 12 months. I may just have him put the ring on that and then make payments instead of having to pay for the ring all at once. Is there anything I need to do with this or are all purchases automatically 0% for a year - and we just need to make sure to make minimum payments?

I think it took 2 days for Wyndham to show Diamond. However, I am at almost 6 weeks waiting for the Caesars match. I chatted with them on Facebook twice. The first time after 2 weeks and they said it can take that long and should show up any day. Again at 5 weeks and they said they could see Wyndham had confirmed my status so it should be any day :/ Friday will be a week since that message and if it isn't showing up then I am going to be really irritated...lol I was hoping to get to AC for the other status matches soon.

After all that waiting, Caesars only matched me to Platinum :/ They told me Wyndham only submitted Platinum as my status. So I messaged Wyndham and they said they'd send the correct info. So, still I wait...

Also, DS has been looking for another card as he has an engagement ring purchase coming up. Keeps getting denials even though he has great credit. I just recently got the Ink Cash Card. I see that has 0% for 12 months. I may just have him put the ring on that and then make payments instead of having to pay for the ring all at once. Is there anything I need to do with this or are all purchases automatically 0% for a year - and we just need to make sure to make minimum payments?
Nothing you need to do, you'll have 0% on all purchases for the first year, that's all.

Great job getting it all checked off your list! I am working on similar stuff but not making as much headway lol.
Thanks! It's definitely been a process between having to force DH to take off of work early to drive 2 hours each way for a "10 minute appointment" for Pre-Check and then to make him miss his lunch hour yesterday to go sit at USPS to do our Passports. He's not been too thrilled with me during all of this, but it's over and done now and I keep telling him how he will be so happy he made the sacrifice of his precious time when he no longer has to take off his belt and shoes and get searched every single time we go through security. I don't know if he just looks guilty or what, but I promise they search his body every time we are in the airport. They have never once found anything, but still they search him. After all these years, we just expect it now! lol

This is interesting. I have offers on Amex cards for $20 on YouTube TV and also $11.99 back for YouTube premium. I don't have YouTube premium just TV but I added the offer in case I decided to try it. My TV bill hit the statement today and I got two emails, congratulating me for using both of these offers!
I had that, too. Both emails came, but only the $20 TV credit actually posted for me.

I'm trying not to be upset I missed out on the Hyatt options before the price jump. In looking at Secrets Moxche Impressions (or whatever it is), it's in PDC which is where the Hilton is we stay at. But part of the reason we like that resort is that we can literally walk right out of the resort and be in downtown PDC. So I don't know if my BF would have liked the other resort. I mean it looks super nice, but we've enjoyed the Hilton. The other resorts we've looked at are only going up 5k. So I'd rather just keep points for now rather than book and cancel since I think there is the $50 fee.

Kinda bummed as this week is my spring break. We didn't plan anything because we should be just back from Ireland. And now I couldn't because my daughter is in her recovery program. I feel bad as I'm sure she's seeing all her friends posting on SM on spring break. She wouldn't have been as bummed if we had gone to Ireland.

We are thinking about going to the frozen 4. It's in Tampa. So maybe I'll have her join us in FL for a few days and enjoy some sunshine.

I was just reading an article about this! They called it a visual itinerary. Sounds like you can create My Maps in Google Maps and even change the icons, color code it, etc. Sounds like this could fit the bill nicely. If you try it, please report back. I was thinking of doing it for our more complicated trips.
Have you looked at Wanderlog? Someone put me onto it in the Ireland group. I like it! And you don't have to opt for the pay version. The free version works great.

Ireland is cursed for all of us it seems! After a ton of delays, my flight last night was canceled (at almost 4 am today). They rebooked us... we will see if we actually fly out.
Oh no! I hope you got there!

I don't remember what I was quoting and I can't remove this, LOL.

No sooner did I write this...got an email from Jet Blue changing our flight for our return BOS-RDU (we're positioning in BOS). We originally had a 4 hour layover on the return, but now with the change it's like 2.5 hours. Hopefully no delays leaving Shannon Ireland. JB has changed our flight times about once every 2 weeks since I booked a few months ago but it's been on the RDU-BOS leg which is no big deal since we've got a night in BOS on that outbound leg.
UGH! I hope this doesn't mess you up. Though it does give me much hope that JB will be better for my BF than Spirit, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter