I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a fun share... newest mouseketeer arrived Aprl 7th. It's a girl! We didn't find out ahead of time. About everyone thought boy based on how I carried, morning sickness, etc. The only thing that fit was lots of heartburn meaning lots of hair! Got a ways to grow into that hat.

View attachment 664861

View attachment 664857
Congrats on the newest future churned! Adorable!

I have a question about Cap One Quicksilver.... anyone have this card? I'm looking for ways to advise a friend who has it, they're interested in using it for some travel, but it's only a straight cashback,right? Is there a way to translate that into helping with travel costs? thanks....
I have it. It's straight 1.5% CB. You can use the CB as a statement credit, but no real other way to do anything with it that I know of. With the cards I have now I'm seriously thinking of just letting mine die.

I would have but I have to go pay in the next few hours. We’ve been trying to track down a new car for my DD20 and they finally called today to say they have one coming in. My DH was apprehensive at opening a new card in the event that she’d be declined for a car loan and we’d have to get the loan in our name.

I’m leaning towards the IHG as I should get 3X the points. Plus it’s get me closer to the $20 yearly spend for the $100 credit and 10k bonus points.
Do you have any chase bonuses on spend? Maybe check the chase bonus site.

Just a fun share... newest mouseketeer arrived Aprl 7th. It's a girl! We didn't find out ahead of time. About everyone thought boy based on how I carried, morning sickness, etc. The only thing that fit was lots of heartburn meaning lots of hair! Got a ways to grow into that hat.

View attachment 664861

View attachment 664857
She is absolutely precious! Congratulations:)

Is cheated the system, hopefully it doesn’t backfire. DH and I each have a Hyatt FNC, we are going to use them in San Diego next month, but the Andaz San Diego has a 2 night minimum and they wouldn’t use them together on one reservations. I used the Pay My Way trick, book one night cash and one night FNC, I did that twice and now I need to cancel the cash nights. Fingers crossed it works.

Good luck!

It's interesting that they couldn't do it. The HP Santa Cruz is 2 nt min on Saturdays. I made the reservation with DH's FNC for Friday night, then contacted the Twitter Concierge to make the Sat night res with my FNC. They were able to do that. Maybe because the first night is booked so they can just append it (who knows how it works).

due to the uptick in traveling, im have been having a hard time finding any availability via BA for AA metal.
i couldn't even find how to find AA flights!
and BA doesn't seem to go anywhere in Europe without stopping in London with the high fees

Sooo we can just do $500 now to hold the car, then another $4500 on pick up which gives us time to open a card! We will have about $7k in spend right away so I was thinking a CIC (I think that’s the one) or the Venture card. I don’t have any Chase Biz cards (have one barclay biz). I’d like the UR’s but worried that my credit limit won’t be high enough to pay off the car at one time. Are there any other options I’m forgetting about?

Edit-last card opened 2/9/22 (SW personal)

Sooo we can just do $500 now to hold the car, then another $4500 on pick up which gives us time to open a card! We will have about $7k in spend right away so I was thinking a CIC (I think that’s the one) or the Venture card. I don’t have any Chase Biz cards (have one barclay biz). I’d like the UR’s but worried that my credit limit won’t be high enough to pay off the car at one time. Are there any other options I’m forgetting about?

Edit-last card opened 2/9/22 (SW personal)
If going with chase I’d do the CIU that earns 1.5 back on everything….do you have any Chase business cards that you could transfer the CL from
Also remember to use a support link from P2

Last edited:

View attachment 664861

View attachment 664857

OMG! So cute! April 7 is my son's birthday. And lots of babies coming this year!
@SouthFayetteFan leading the pack in January, now your little darling, and I should have another granddaughter in August.

She looks like both of you, but I couldn't miss Zack's face - she looks a lot like him! (I'm remembering your wedding photos and trip reports!)

OMG! So cute! April 7 is my son's birthday. And lots of babies coming this year!
@SouthFayetteFan leading the pack in January, now your little darling, and I should have another granddaughter in August.

She looks like both of you, but I couldn't miss Zack's face - she looks a lot like him! (I'm remembering your wedding photos and trip reports!)
Ohh congratulations on another upcoming granddaughter…love seeing the pictures you post of them

My CIU in January had a 6K CL but obviously not guarantees on that
Would the dealership let you split the $4,500 I’d the CL wasn’t high enough
According to my DH who’s dealing with the dealer, we could actually pay off the entire car on a cc if we wanted to (don’t want to do this because we want DD to get a loan to build up her credit).
My thought was if the credit limit isn’t high enough, to charge up to my limit, pay it off and go back and charge the rest. But I believe credit companies frown on this right?
There’s also a possibility that the car won’t get here till the next billing cycle begins. (It’s somewhere in transit with no set delivery date)
Does my opening a personal card with chase on 2/9 lessen my chances of being approved? And do they take into effect my total credit limits on my personal cards?
Thanks I’m advance for any advice!

According to my DH who’s dealing with the dealer, we could actually pay off the entire car on a cc if we wanted to (don’t want to do this because we want DD to get a loan to build up her credit).
My thought was if the credit limit isn’t high enough, to charge up to my limit, pay it off and go back and charge the rest. But I believe credit companies frown on this right?
There’s also a possibility that the car won’t get here till the next billing cycle begins. (It’s somewhere in transit with no set delivery date)
Does my opening a personal card with chase on 2/9 lessen my chances of being approved? And do they take into effect my total credit limits on my personal cards?
If this is a new car be thoughtful paying it off upfront. If someone hits and totals it the second you drive off the lot you're out whatever value was lost the when it became "used".

Assuming you haven't gotten a bunch of Chase cards before the last one, you should be good for another. They do take into account the credit limits on all your Chase cards. You'll want it below 50% of income or 70-80k, whichever is lower. I like to keep it well below that.

I've been getting $5000 CL on Chase biz cards, so hopefully you can get at least that. If you need to credit cycle, my sense is once in a statement period with Chase should be fine (I've done it before).

Chase does take into account your personal CLs…they seem to limit it to under 50% of income or in the $75k range …if your personal cards are above that you may want to reduce some
As far as charging and paying off…You can pay it off once it hits the card no need to wait then put more on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter