I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally heard back from Chase today about the missing 5% bonus for Walmart charges on the Freedom...

So they seem to be delaying the points now??? I seem to recall in the past it would say 1% and then 4% right on the details of the charge... I just did another charge today at the same Walmart so going to see how that posts in a few days... I plan to just reply to this message in two billing cycles and let them show me where the additional points were added instead of trying to track everything and figure out where they sneak them in... :badpc:
Very strange. I’ve had three purchases at my local superwalmart since this quarter went live, and all have shown as 5% right away.

Thanks! It's tomorrow

We went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. I've wanted to go for years. It's a 2 hr flight for us so still kinda crazy but not too bad.

View attachment 612576

Fun! That place is so creepy. DD was invited to a special Halloween creepy night event one year as part of someone's birthday party. Even though we'd been through the house in the daylight she said that was still really scary.

Thank you so much! I plan to go Disney Oct 5-9, 2022. I do not have any flexibility with the dates due to a family member being a teacher and the limited times she can go. The rates are not yet out for the Swolphin. I am not worried about the 5/24 rule as I have not opened a new credit card lately. I have a lot to think about!

So if it's just 4 nights then you might actually be able to make the Chase card work. Looking at those days of the week in the preceding weeks, the pattern is off peak on weekdays, standard on Fridays and standard or peak on Saturday. So 180-190k total. Using the 50k FNC for the standard night that leaves 130-140k in points. The base earn rate on the Boundless (as well as both AmEx cards) is 2x. So the 5k MSR gets you at least 10k Bonvoy points + the 125k bonus so you'll have 135k to start. This strategy does rely on some nights being off peak.

If you don't want to chance it then the AmEx Business card would cover your bases better. Since you get 2 50k certs you'd need less points available for the remaining nights. The Business card also has additional bonus categories to earn more points - 4x for Restaurants, Gas stations, Shipping Providers, Wireless phone services purchased directly from service providers in addition to the 2x on everything.

Good luck choosing! We're here if you have any questions.

For those with a PS5- DS is finally getting one for Christmas. We have gotten extra controllers and extra memory for the console, anything else we need to get him? Of course, he already got the new NBA2K for his PS4 so he is stuck with that version.

u already bought an M.2?

So, nothing like throwing a curveball into my Bday trip next weekend. The plan was to fly into FLL and stay in Hollywood at the Diplomat. I was looking at the weather and I saw rain. Now I know FL rain can be 10 min and then done. While I love me a beach, I really am a NC beach girl, LOL. Plus, it's been still in the 70-80's here in MI. Hell, I was out on my deck in a bikini yesterday. So there isn't a "need" for the beach yet. Couple that with the fact I was using 1 FNC Hilton cert and then points for our stay. But my Hilton FNC doesn't expire till mid next year I think, and I'm about to earn another one. I'm banking on the marriott ones being extended. Which leaves IHG. I have 1 exp 12/31 and then one in April 22, I think. FLL area didn't have a IHG property I liked. I was really hoping to use the IHG certs on a trip to Nashville, but Spirit doesn't fly direct there from DTW and SW/Delta flights are normally $$$ by the time I get the BFs schedule. Spirit does fly direct to NOLA. But I had written it off since they just had the hurricane.

I found a Kimpton in NOLA that looked nice so I booked it. And started my NOLA research. I guess next weekend is Krewe of Boo. Halloween's version of Mardi Gras. And the Kimpton is apparently on the parade route. So as much as I'm a beach girl, I think I'm pivoting to NOLA next weekend instead. Anyone have any suggestions? I've never actually been (flown in and drove to MS). The BF has gone often, it's one of his fav overnights to get....but he admitted it's fully for the food, LOL. Considering I eat like a 5yo (chicken fingers and pizza), I'm not going to care at all about the food (well the beignets). I'm also telling myself we can sneak away in Nov/Dec on the one weekend he gets off a month, and hit FLL then, LOL.

This is entirely anecdotal, but I got a few Barclay bonuses (both personal and business) back in 2019, sock drawered and canceled after one year and they have found a myriad of reasons to not give me another card since (even though I'm back under 6/24 and minimal inquiries). I'm not overly upset since the JetBlue business card is really the only one attractive to me, but they seem to keep score on my churning their cards.
I have spent pretty decent on the personal over the 4 years. I even did a balance transfer to it. Right now it hasn't seen much action. The biz card I hit the bonus and put it away, LOL. Only because the damn website was too damn hard to figure out!

Was that like 5 years ago? Maybe Amex has "forgotten" already. You could chat and ask if you had the card before.
It was the first "points" card I got. I think I got it in 96. And then cancelled at the merger. So maybe my "lifetime" is up. I guess I can look into that. But in general Amex has been hating on me! Which sucks because I have decent spends on each of the 3 cards I have every month. My Delta Gold Biz gets my union dues. My surpass gets my insurance (plus I meet the $15k for the FNC every year) and my Everyday is normally getting spend via Amazon.

For those with a PS5- DS is finally getting one for Christmas. We have gotten extra controllers and extra memory for the console, anything else we need to get him? Of course, he already got the new NBA2K for his PS4 so he is stuck with that version.
Fantastic! I would love to get one for my son from Christmas. Any hints you can give me on how to get one is appreciated. I signed up on GameStop for membership because they told me that members get advance notice when they’ve some but no guarantees we will get one. ..

So do we think it’s better to apply for both southwest business cards on the same day or to wait the month between them?

I’m 2/24, got both sapphires with a mdd in April. No cards since
@SouthFayetteFan - have any ideas as the companion pass expert?

Miles Morales game!

@disfanforlife there is a way to sign up with Sony directly for releases now. Also Target continues to have a drop about every two weeks in the morning. There are several accounts you can set Twitter alerts for when they go in stock. It continues to get easier. I don't even have alerts on anymore and saw yesterday mornings drop in my feed and was still able to cart one from Target 2 minutes after it went live.

So do we think it’s better to apply for both southwest business cards on the same day or to wait the month between them?

I’m 2/24, got both sapphires with a mdd in April. No cards since
@SouthFayetteFan - have any ideas as the companion pass expert?
You have to be 0/30 days when applying for business cards, so you’ll have to wait 30 days to apply for the second biz card.

Miles Morales game!

@disfanforlife there is a way to sign up with Sony directly for releases now. Also Target continues to have a drop about every two weeks in the morning. There are several accounts you can set Twitter alerts for when they go in stock. It continues to get easier. I don't even have alerts on anymore and saw yesterday mornings drop in my feed and was still able to cart one from Target 2 minutes after it went live.
Thanks. I wonder if he would play it. Only NBA2K and Madden feel the love. He has drawer full of other games that collect dust.

So I finally heard back from Chase today about the missing 5% bonus for Walmart charges on the Freedom...

So they seem to be delaying the points now??? I seem to recall in the past it would say 1% and then 4% right on the details of the charge... I just did another charge today at the same Walmart so going to see how that posts in a few days... I plan to just reply to this message in two billing cycles and let them show me where the additional points were added instead of trying to track everything and figure out where they sneak them in... :badpc:
That's their go to answer if there's any glitch. I had one charge on a CIP for the chase offer and it never posted. Kept getting various versions of the answer you got, finally gave up. OTOH I've had some that I messaged about and they posted a week or 2 later with no further issues. I'd just keep an eye on.

I have labor day and 2 weekends in there that helps, plus I leave there sunday night and get back sunday afternoon. But work also lets us bank vacation, and I get 2 weeks. I didn't use any last year and have only used 7 days this year and won't use any more of it. I'll need 11 for the trip so I'll have more than enough. Only other time I'll probably take next year is 2-3 days to go to AZ for spring training, if there's baseball.

I normally wouldn't take this much time off and when I started planning 2 years ago it was only going to require 9 days, but that's ok. My boss is excited for me to go. He wants us using our time.
I have over 5 weeks in PTO bank right now but we're still limited to 2 weeks at one time. It all rolls over so no issues but I'd love to be able to take 3-4 weeks.
but he admitted it's fully for the food,
This is the actual reason to go to NOLA. Mmm. So much good food.

You should probably check for a retention offer on your plat first. It's not too early to ask. Current best seems to be 55-60k for $4000 spend.

Thanks for the idea! I chatted with them and got 40k for $3k spend, which worked for me. Initially they offered $400 instead of points. This should keep me occupied for a little bit and now I don't have to worry about Amex for the next year or so.

That's their go to answer if there's any glitch. I had one charge on a CIP for the chase offer and it never posted. Kept getting various versions of the answer you got, finally gave up. OTOH I've had some that I messaged about and they posted a week or 2 later with no further issues. I'd just keep an eye on.

Kinda figured, so I am just going to reply in two cycles and let them show me where the adjustment was made if they want to play that game. Hopeful the charge I made last night posts correctly because this is $25 in points so far so not going to let it drop. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter