I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! Don’t know what to do.

We were supposed to go to Disney in mid-March, but we had to cancel at the very last minute due to Covid exposure (we work in a school).

We’re now scheduled to go at the end of the month (4/29-5/2) - we have tickets, park passes, and flights, but I foolishly didn’t book our hotel right away and now our options are terrible: Deluxe is the only onsite option available for all 3 days, and it’s just out of our budget. We have three nights booked at different Disney resorts for a total of $860. We’re fine with moving, but it will obviously be much less relaxing and not ideal to not have somewhere to be mid-day. Just not jumping up and down about paying $860 to switch hotels every night, but we’ve stayed off-site before and didn’t really enjoy it (plus it would require a rental car or Uber).

I have the Dolphin ($750) + flights booked for the following weekend, but we haven’t been able to nab park passes for HS and MK for May 7th and 8th. Not sure if anything will open up, but I think I’d lean towards that if I could get park passes. Anyone have insight into timing when more park passes tend to be released?

Not sure how many people you have, but I’m fairly certain the Dolphin is available at $196/nt via Priceline Express Deal for those dates. It shows a $105 mandatory fee once you get to the payment screen which is exactly the fee the Marriott app shows for the Dolphin.

FYI, the link below looks like it is having trouble loading, but it should work.

ETA: WAIT! That’s the new JW Marriott not the Dolphin. The 9+ rating tips it off. Sorry!

https://www.priceline.com/relax/at/...qdp=196&vrid=6a40e5b51cbc69787e83239bb43ef838

Last edited:
I have the same offer on my Gap card, I've done a few Amazon reloads random $2.XX amounts. I'm going to use it once at the vending machine at work. I read the terms but didn't find any red flags with Amazon reloads it just states that if you are abusing the offer you won't get it, I just want to make sure I earn the extra $20.
Great idea, thank you!!
I've always ignored the GAP offers, LOL. I guess I didn't think to do something like this. Did you have to activate anything for it? I got the mailer and threw it away.
Right?!!? My husband has a much criticized (by me :) BR card he got on a Black Friday. He gets these offers periodically but i had never come up with such a brilliant strategic move :D

Heading to Disney (probably) this afternoon when the kids get out of school. Just Epcot and HS. First time in the parks in about two years and a little nervous. But we are vaccinated and 3 of the kids already had Covid so it should be fine. My parent's health continues to be a worry, so I'm very thankful for the liberal cancellation policy - I cut sunday night off yesterday and I'm going to wait till 4 to make final decision on whether we go or not. So excited for Star Wars!! My 14 year old just made me and the 8 year old watch all 9 movies and I am so ready to see Galaxy's Edge!!

The kids' school schedule came out last month and turns out I guessed the winter break wrong. 😩 So moving our Japan trip from winter to summer. It's just as well I guess, now we can do a longer trip and add Korea. The return flight was booked with BA, so I chatted today to cancel. The online cancellation only gives a voucher, thinking getting the Avios back will be more flexible. Will be stalking biz class flights again! 🤞 I knew that I'd lose $55 of the taxes to redeposit the points, but didn't know there's also a $25 service fee. Taxes were $70/person, so thought I'd get a little back.

Anyone know if they're supposed to be waiving the $25 service fee? Not a big deal, but kind of hoping the agent was wrong and I'll see a surprise refund on the cc. Wishful thinking lol.

I just have to chuckle at some of the offers on my AMEX gold card, they obviously haven't figured out I do most of my shopping at Target and not in high end stores. But, hey if I want a $100 off a $400+ pen purchase or $150 off a pair of $750+ shoes, I'm all set!

I just have to chuckle at some of the offers on my AMEX gold card, they obviously haven't figured out I do most of my shopping at Target and not in high end stores. But, hey if I want a $100 off a $400+ pen purchase or $150 off a pair of $750+ shoes, I'm all set!

Yes, they are totally convinced I regularly buy Salvatore Ferragamo and Jimmy Choo. They have my actual income and constantly want me to update it. Obviously not convinced what I live on versus my spending habits. I've been their customer for over 20 years - you would think they would have me in the 'not much profit here' column.

I PC'd a CIP to a CIC a while back, and now I'd like to apply for a new CIC for the SUB (I have never gotten a CIC bonus before). Do I have to PC my existing CIC before I apply for the new one?

Anyone with experience using credit card cell phone insurance coverage? I'll be filing a claim for for an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a broken/cracked back with damage to camera lens. I’ll feel so much better if I find out it won’t be a hassle to file a claim and get it covered. Repair cost is about $600. Bill paid with Amex biz plat.

Anyone with experience using credit card cell phone insurance coverage? I'll be filing a claim for for an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a broken/cracked back with damage to camera lens. I’ll feel so much better if I find out it won’t be a hassle to file a claim and get it covered. Repair cost is about $600. Bill paid with Amex biz plat.

I am interested to hear how this goes. Please report back.

Does Chase match offers? Just got P2 IHG premier in the mail today with a 130k offer but I see on DoC they have a 160k offer now.

Is there a quick and easy way to find out which domestic flights have lie-flat seats in first?

Also, can someone give me tips on how to use URs or MRs to book with United?

Last edited:
Just took a look at DOC and he's highlighting a Macy's offer - spend $100 get $10.

I got spend $60 get $10.

I had to double take on his twitter post about it because I added an extra 0 and read spend 100 get 100 at first. For 10 I wasn't going to look, but yours made me look and I also have the 60/10. And it should stack with the +1 MR per point on spend at Macy's I hope.

Not sure how many people you have, but I’m fairly certain the Dolphin is available at $196/nt via Priceline Express Deal for those dates. It shows a $105 mandatory fee once you get to the payment screen which is exactly the fee the Marriott app shows for the Dolphin.

FYI, the link below looks like it is having trouble loading, but it should work.

ETA: WAIT! That’s the new JW Marriott not the Dolphin. The 9+ rating tips it off. Sorry!

https://www.priceline.com/relax/at/...qdp=196&vrid=6a40e5b51cbc69787e83239bb43ef838
Thanks so much for checking! I’ve been checking pretty obsessively and almost fell for that too.

After stalkingly refreshing Disney’s availability, I was finally able to get us one reservation at POP for all three nights so we’re paying less and don’t have to move.

I appreciate the advice/help/giving me the space to feel sorry for myself!

Thanks so much for checking! I’ve been checking pretty obsessively and almost fell for that too.

After stalkingly refreshing Disney’s availability, I was finally able to get us one reservation at POP for all three nights so we’re paying less and don’t have to move.

I appreciate the advice/help/giving me the space to feel sorry for myself!

I actually want to try that new JW Marriott. Based on observation my Marriott status should all kick in there, so it's a place to use my certificates as well as maximize suite nights and whatever else.

Is there a quick and easy way to find out which domestic flights have lie-flat seats in first?

Also, can someone give me tips on how to use URs or MRs to book with United?
Usually you can tell by the configuration of the J cabin, if the seats are straight they aren't lie flat, if they are herringbone they probably are. You may have to look up the equipment list to find out. Going to the specific airline forum on Flyertalk is usually a good way to check also. What is the route?

I believe with United you have to transfer to one of the foreign carriers and use their programs to book. I don't know offhand which ones. Or you can book through the Chase travel portal at 1.25 or 1.5 cpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter