I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm good now - I feel fine again :D.

I just had some really dark days in there - there were days that I didn't even talk to my children or wife, ate every meal in front of my computer, worked from 9am until 4am, slept for 5 hours and did it again. And of course did this in the early stages of the pandemic when we all were super scared. And then there were the days when I failed some of my clients and really was in a dark place.

And somehow during this call my brain went back there and I just had all these strange feelings come over me.

I'm so terribly sorry for the impact this pandemic has had on you. I think it's really great that you're sharing/normalizing the fact that so many of us really went through it at work last year. While yes, it's not on the level of healthcare workers, everyone's mental health is important and it's okay to recognize the trauma we've experienced and support each other through it. I hope you don't have anywhere near that level of work ever again. Thanks for all you do for this thread/community!! And thank your wife/kids for us too, since they share some of your time with us.

Called recon....didn't even need to move around money despite my denial saying too much credit line. And I got approved for $6k on the IHG Traveler. So now I have a SUB to hit again :) I hate not having one of those!

So I guess now is planning which card is next, LOL. Since Amex doesn't like me w/ the popups....GRRRRRRR!

Oh and are there any DP on the "$10 Sams Club" Chase offer? When I read the "fine print" it seemed like it was $10 back on the $45 membership. Discover offered the membership for free, so I went with that. Well I made a Sams club purchase this week using my CF (since it's Warehouses this quarter) and I got an email that I used a Chase offer. If the $10 is triggered by ANY $45 purchase, I think I have that offer on 4 other cards! I'm about to go stock up on wine, LOL.

I think I seriously just experienced a small instance of PTSD...

I'm on a call about round 2 of PPP loans with my bank. I started getting sweaty and my heart was racing and it was like my mind was back in April all over again: Scared, worried, upset. I seriously had to snap out of it and remind myself that it's 2021. It was super-weird for a minute over here!

I've never experienced anything quite like being a banker during PPP. The entire world felt like it was falling apart, you're scared for your family, yet you're working 18 hours a day (at home) and never see your family despite them being just a staircase away.

(Not trying to make light of legit PTSD and traumatic events... I just don't know what just happened to me, and it was really odd)
Sorry for the momentary distress, BUT I bet you outperformed 95% of bankers out there in getting 100% of your personal clients the PPP.

If you need to step away from here for a while, we'll completely understand (and we'll try to post news on DISchurners :D )

I'm so terribly sorry for the impact this pandemic has had on you. I think it's really great that you're sharing/normalizing the fact that so many of us really went through it at work last year. While yes, it's not on the level of healthcare workers, everyone's mental health is important and it's okay to recognize the trauma we've experienced and support each other through it. I hope you don't have anywhere near that level of work ever again. Thanks for all you do for this thread/community!! And thank your wife/kids for us too, since they share some of your time with us.
Sorry for the momentary distress, BUT I bet you outperformed 95% of bankers out there in getting 100% of your personal clients the PPP.

If you need to step away from here for a while, we'll completely understand (and we'll try to post news on DISchurners :D )
You guys are all too kind! I just needed to vent for a moment and I got an outpouring of support from you fine folks!!

The REALLY good news is I’m in a new job at the bank now so I don’t have to deal with PPP round 2. 😂 I was just on the call for information purposes 😊. It can be somebody else’s problem this time. But still, my mind wondered off during the topic to the last time lol.

You guys are all too kind! I just needed to vent for a moment and I got an outpouring of support from you fine folks!!

The REALLY good news is I’m in a new job at the bank now so I don’t have to deal with PPP round 2. 😂 I was just on the call for information purposes 😊. It can be somebody else’s problem this time. But still, my mind wondered off during the topic to the last time lol.
Congratulations on the new job party: ...
And enjoy your trip to Disney in a few weeks...

We never received a letter explaining why DH was denied on his recent CIP biz application. (Or, he likely tossed it as junk mail.) Is it possible to call and get any helpful info. He has only one biz card open and two fairly legit rental businesses so really no concerns about scrutiny. We are planning to set up LLC's in the next few months anyway. Should applying using their EIN's be an easier approval?

Should he just call the recon line?

Glad you are in a new job now! You deserve to have a less stressful position.

We never received a letter explaining why DH was denied on his recent CIP biz application. (Or, he likely tossed it as junk mail.) Is it possible to call and get any helpful info. He has only one biz card open and two fairly legit rental businesses so really no concerns about scrutiny. We are planning to set up LLC's in the next few months anyway. Should applying using their EIN's be an easier approval?

Did you check on the Chase site under notices/letters section to see if they posted a reason there?

What @IFlossU said. My last two Chase rejections have had letters issued on the day of application for me and P2. Turns out it was "too many new accounts" and I went back to my spreadsheet and found that I had miscounted our cards. I change the color of the card when I close it, and my eyes must have just flitted over that when I was originally counting. 🤦‍♀️ So Chase was right. lol

Just got my double nights on the Hyatt mattress run I did (checkout 1/3). Still waiting on points rebate. Should get 5k which is enough for any other night’s booking.

Still trying to get off the fence and decide if I want to do this. Unfortunately there are no 5k properties near me - so would have to be 8k or cash. Cash rates are ~$70+tax so probably slightly better value than using miles............BUT...... spending cash for a hotel room.....I mean...who does that?? :P

Oh and are there any DP on the "$10 Sams Club" Chase offer? When I read the "fine print" it seemed like it was $10 back on the $45 membership. Discover offered the membership for free, so I went with that. Well I made a Sams club purchase this week using my CF (since it's Warehouses this quarter) and I got an email that I used a Chase offer. If the $10 is triggered by ANY $45 purchase, I think I have that offer on 4 other cards! I'm about to go stock up on wine, LOL.

How long did it take for the Discover credit to post. I took that offer too but have not got a credit. I reached out to Discover and they said it could take 90 days.

How long did it take for the Discover credit to post. I took that offer too but have not got a credit. I reached out to Discover and they said it could take 90 days.

I'll need to check my statement. When I chatted with them, they said it would be applied. They made note of it.

Just noticed my link for the CFF and CFU no longer work and can’t generate new ones right now
Interesting! I see the same - the 5x grocery offer was reportedly going away 1/13 - it seems they pulled the plug early on support links.

I think public links still show the 5x offer for groceries.

FWIW - regarding the 5x grocery offer not being listed on the CFF support links, I supported my mom on Tuesday (without it specifically mentioning the 5x on the first $12k of groceries). She was instantly approved and this morning she called to ask if she qualifies for the 5x on the first $12k in groceries, rep confirmed that she does!

Last edited:
I think I seriously just experienced a small instance of PTSD...

I'm on a call about round 2 of PPP loans with my bank. I started getting sweaty and my heart was racing and it was like my mind was back in April all over again: Scared, worried, upset. I seriously had to snap out of it and remind myself that it's 2021. It was super-weird for a minute over here!

I've never experienced anything quite like being a banker during PPP. The entire world felt like it was falling apart, you're scared for your family, yet you're working 18 hours a day (at home) and never see your family despite them being just a staircase away.

(Not trying to make light of legit PTSD and traumatic events... I just don't know what just happened to me, and it was really odd)

Anxiety.

Edit: and now that I've read along further, Congrats on the new job!

I know you did a great job this past year, but I imagine that many times things seemed well out of your immediate control. For a super planner, meticulous guy, that's a biggie. You will be okay. You are already okay.

Last edited:
On the topic of waiting 30 days to reapply with SW - it was @djmeredith and here is the original exchange on that:

Yes. I had to go back and read my original posts to figure out the dates, and I actually only waited 8 days. I closed my acct on Sept 5 and then applied for the higher level card on Sept 13. I have great credit and only had 2 cards total and 0/24 at the time so I knew there was a problem when I got the "we will send a letter" message. I called and spoke to someone in the lending section. He is the one who provided the 30 day/product family rule info, and he explained that they had not pulled my credit because they could not even process the app within that 30 days. He said maybe if I talk to the other (regular) customer service dept, they might have a way to officially close out the acct sooner than 30 days, so I tried that and they said no way to do it.
Yes, that was me! That is what I was told back in Oct when I tried to cancel and reapply.

@Brandilla, please report back and let us know if you have any problems after 30 days. I reopened that card back in Oct when I found out this info because I needed a card for Disney trip. I just finally cancelled it for real Dec. 29 and plan to apply after 30 days like you. Hopefully we will not have any problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter