I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like SW finally announced extension of the CP. If you were set to expire 12/31/2020, CP will be extended to June 30, 2021. SW is also crediting some points towards earning CP status and A- list. Source...our favorite...TPG.
Man... I just hate it when I'm right... :P :P :P :P

(yes, I'm so pathetic that I went back and found my 2 previous posts on this, lol - it took about 30 seconds to do the search haha!)

My thoughts on this are that SW's true intent here is for people to earn CPs in 2020 for the year 2021. We "game" the system by earning it in Feb or Mar but that's not necessarily how it's intended. So to me, having earned my CP for the remainder of 2020 and all of 2021, I do not feel cheated in any way at this point. The ability to use your CP for the remainder of 2020 is sort of a bonus on your 2021 CP.

I actually feel like the people who have a real beef are those that earned it LAST year. I think it would be a great move for SW to consider extending CPs that expire on 12/31/20 to 6/30/21 to make up for lost time.

EDIT: (I know I'm trying to be rational and logical here so everybody has full permission to be upset over lost time on their CP - it is a bummer! I just wanted to look at it from SW's POV and why I think they don't actually "owe" anybody on this one)
I've said this before, but I REALLY think a 2020 CP extension will come along here eventually. SW wants people on planes and the goodwill that will happen as a result of this is right down their alley. I don't have a 2020 CP (mine is 2021) BUT I'm very hopeful for those with 2020 CPs that SW will give them some extension.

I know many want a 2021 extension but I'd keep expectations realistic there given that the "2021" portion of your 2021 CP may not be affected at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't hope for it...but just don't be counting on it. 12/31/2021 (and extending BEYOND that) feels a looooong way away if you think about it for a minute.

Only 6 months?? Better than nothing I guess.
At this point people have only been impacted for 1 month with what seems to be at least an additional month of impact on the horizon (and probably more). BUT at this point 6 months is pretty generous. Also, given that Southwest is so customer friendly, I'd imagine that they would entertain another extension IF people aren't able to move about by early-September (which would be 6 months from when this all started). :D

At this point people have only been impacted for 1 month with what seems to be at least an additional month of impact on the horizon (and probably more). BUT at this point 6 months is pretty generous. Also, given that Southwest is so customer friendly, I'd imagine that they would entertain another extension IF people aren't able to move about by early-September (which would be 6 months from when this all started). :D
I just told my DH about it. Didn’t phase him at all. Said I am thinking too far in advance. At this point he wants to drive on our next trip. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Man... I just hate it when I'm right... :P :P :P :P

(yes, I'm so pathetic that I went back and found my 2 previous posts on this, lol - it took about 30 seconds to do the search haha!)
Can you comment about the tier/status thing? I read that spending over 10k on the SW CC's gives 15k tier points. Does that have to be on one CC? I earned the CP this year, but I don't have any tier qualifying points.

Yeah I know :-)

Can you comment about the tier/status thing? I read that spending over 10k on the SW CC's gives 15k tier points. Does that have to be on one CC? I earned the CP this year, but I don't have any tier qualifying points.
I don't follow all the tier stuff with SW. I've never had status with them (aside from maintaining 1-2 CPs for the past 7 years). Sorry! I would have to read up on it to even have an opinion. LOL!

Did anyone happen to get a Frontier credit during this whole ordeal?

We had made it to FL 3/11, but our cruise for 3/14 was cancelled 3/13. We salvaged some type of spring break since we were already there but drove our rental car home to Ohio. Cancelled our flight back and got a credit for $910. At the time, sounded great. They didn't cancel our flight, even the day before, so I can't call and demand a refund if I'm reading the guidelines right that were issued by the gov't.

The odd part is that I tried to use it for a future flight and it says it won't apply because the amount due is less (its a $2400 flight so obviously it should apply). I tried to call but after an hour hung up. Emailed, but its been 14 days without a response. I did see someone said they called and were given the option to convert to miles. Should I just take this option? Right now, like everyone else, I have no idea when they next time I'll fly is...

Just DM’d Southwest on Twitter to see if they would offer a LUV voucher for EBCI. I’ve read about them making exceptions for EBCI refunds in the form of a LUV voucher due to current circumstances. I hate to even ask for these things. I knew when I purchased it it’s non-refundable, but I also fully intended to take the flights. I currently have $300 in EBCI fees tied to flights in June and July that we definitely won’t be able to make. I’ve been resistant to canceling the flights because I don’t want to lose the money in EBCI. I will have to keep pushing the flights out if it’s a no go on a voucher.

For the AA flights, you might be able to re-deposit the miles now without paying a fee. I was just able to yesterday for a late June flight that had not been significantly rescheduled. Might be worth a call.
@calypso726 United is also allowing cancellation of award flights with no mileage re-deposit fee. You might have to cancel before April 30 to be eligible, but it applies to flights for the remainder of 2020. I cancelled two sets of United award flights for June a week or so ago. The miles were instantly returned to my account, taxes/fees were refunded to cc and no re-deposit fee was charged.

Thanks! Award flights cancelled. All miles have been reinstated with no redeposit fees. Taxes will be refunded.

My spending----until today it's been once a week takeout with overtipping and groceries. Today I spent so much money at Costco and ShopRite (hadn't had a regular grocery store trip in a month), plus I ordered a TRX suspension workout set directly from the manufacturer to augment my zoom-based workouts with a trainer from our gym. We use TRX as part of our training sessions at the gym so I already know how to use it effectively.

Wow with all these vacation cancellations I am now looking at 12 FN certs now with 4 more coming later this year :eek: Never thought I'd say this but I'm hoping I don't get an upgrade offer on the Hilton no fee card to get a second Aspire for quite a while. It can wait. :laughing:

My spending----until today it's been once a week takeout with overtipping and groceries. Today I spent so much money at Costco and ShopRite (hadn't had a regular grocery store trip in a month), plus I ordered a TRX suspension workout set directly from the manufacturer to augment my zoom-based workouts with a trainer from our gym. We use TRX as part of our training sessions at the gym so I already know how to use it effectively.
I love TRX! We do that at my gym, too. I love that I can use my own body weight to determine how hard the workout is. That's cool that you bought the equipment to have at home. We did a Target order today with Shipt and it went pretty well. We couldn't get whole wheat hamburger or hotdog buns or normal carrots so we took white buns and organic carrots. We were able to get hamburger, milk, eggs, brats, a whole wheat loaf of bread, pork, and some other things so I would say it was a pretty successful order. Our free 4-week trial still has a week or two left, but I have a feeling we'll pay for it after it ends because we won't go in the store after the baby is born.

Just DM’d Southwest on Twitter to see if they would offer a LUV voucher for EBCI. I’ve read about them making exceptions for EBCI refunds in the form of a LUV voucher due to current circumstances. I hate to even ask for these things. I knew when I purchased it it’s non-refundable, but I also fully intended to take the flights. I currently have $300 in EBCI fees tied to flights in June and July that we definitely won’t be able to make. I’ve been resistant to canceling the flights because I don’t want to lose the money in EBCI. I will have to keep pushing the flights out if it’s a no go on a voucher.
Quoting myself in case anyone finds themselves in my situation. Received message back via Twitter that they will gladly send me a LUV voucher for EBCI fees. She did ask if I would like 1000 points instead of the voucher. I declined. This is such a relief, as I assumed I would be losing that money due to “unforeseen circumstances” glad to report I won’t be out costs associated with the cancellations.

I don't think we are getting points, just 25k towards the companion pass, so you would only need 100000 instead of 125000
That's the way I read it. We are not getting 25K to use toward flights. It's only toward CP. Same with the A-list points. They will only show on the tracker.

From SW:
  • Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020, will now expire September 7, 2022.
  • Any travel funds created because you cancel a flight between March 1 – September 7, 2020, will expire September 7, 2022.
It can take up to five business days for the new expiration date to appear in your account. It will also take our Technology Team a few days to make these changes.

Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today.

These adjustments will happen automatically and will be reflected in your Southwest Rapid Rewards My Account page over the coming weeks.

Quoting myself in case anyone finds themselves in my situation. Received message back via Twitter that they will gladly send me a LUV voucher for EBCI fees. She did ask if I would like 1000 points instead of the voucher. I declined. This is such a relief, as I assumed I would be losing that money due to “unforeseen circumstances” glad to report I won’t be out costs associated with the cancellations.
Can you use the Luv voucher on EBCI for future flights? Or are they only good for flight costs? I am going to have to cancel a May trip that I have EBCI on.

Well today was the worst day of my entire professional career... 10 of my customers will not be getting PPP funds, despite me doing everything right, despite applying immediately when available. I don’t want to get into the reasons why on a message board (for privacy reasons) but it’s not right, and these people essentially got screwed (and not by the govt).

so I guess I need this now more than ever:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest