I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Disney Premiere Credit Card and I want to make sure this is an okay strategy. If I buy Disney gift cards at my local grocery store, I get to double-dip with 2% in Disney points and then I get points for the gas discount our grocery store using their king supers card. Is that a good strategy?

It may be your personal best strategy right now, but since we don't know what other credit cards you have or how many Disney cards (amount of purchase) you are going to buy, it's hard to say.

There are cards out there that give 6 points (Amex MR points) or 4 points (again Amex). I also have a card that gives 2 cents per dollar and I would do this card before the Disney card as it's actual money.

The gas discounts are usually a good strategy, yes. I wait until there is a 'special' to get gas points and then use the best card I have. I cherry pick the specials. Now if I need the Disney cards right away, as in leaving tomorrow, then I'm going to get whatever is best last minute.

Bank Bonus DP
09/27 Signed up for Santander Bank $300 bonus for $1000 DD in 90 days. Any transaction keeps it fee free
10/09 Pushed $500 from Chase
10/30 Pushed $500 from Chase
12/27 Bonus posted

I did incur a $3 fee for not having paperless statements, so beware of that.

Back on Oct 18, I was denied for the Southwest Signature Business card. It’s my first denial and I didn’t really have time to deal with it at the time so it’s sat. I haven’t applied for anything since.

Now that I have my life back, I’d like to get working on this card. We just closed on another rental property so I do have a legit business. What # do I call? What questions should I be prepared to answer? Their reason was “insufficient business credit information on file and New Chase Business card recently opened.” The new card was CIP on 7/30 which was my 4th business card in 24 months.

Back on Oct 18, I was denied for the Southwest Signature Business card. It’s my first denial and I didn’t really have time to deal with it at the time so it’s sat. I haven’t applied for anything since.

Now that I have my life back, I’d like to get working on this card. We just closed on another rental property so I do have a legit business. What # do I call? What questions should I be prepared to answer? Their reason was “insufficient business credit information on file and New Chase Business card recently opened.” The new card was CIP on 7/30 which was my 4th business card in 24 months.

You probably need to reapply and not bring up reference to the previous cards. Apply as a sole prop, your name = business name, you know the drill. Usually I think it's wait 30 days after a denial. Maybe someone else has something to say about this? Is @SouthFayetteFan finished his morning poptart yet?

I honestly think it's easier to get approved with a sole prop "business" than with an actual business.

The sweetest words in churning right now (to me):
You did it! Your 80,000 bonus points are on the way!

Also see 20k cross-support pending so I’ll be replenishing that UR stash VERY soon 😊

As a related DP, they did not count a return against my total. I met the MSR either way but the return never got subtracted from my tracker.
I have the exact opposite DP. P2 has a message that says "-13 points with your next statement". Had a small refund through paypal. It also shows in her Recent Purchases.

Capture.JPG

I honestly think it's easier to get approved with a sole prop "business" than with an actual business.

I guess I should have said, but I did apply for it as sole prop in my name. We don’t have our rental business as an LLC/EIN, so I didn’t even try the other way. I was honest with everything though...in business since 2012, $25k income, real estate section, private home rentals, etc

It may be your personal best strategy right now, but since we don't know what other credit cards you have or how many Disney cards (amount of purchase) you are going to buy, it's hard to say.

There are cards out there that give 6 points (Amex MR points) or 4 points (again Amex). I also have a card that gives 2 cents per dollar and I would do this card before the Disney card as it's actual money.

The gas discounts are usually a good strategy, yes. I wait until there is a 'special' to get gas points and then use the best card I have. I cherry pick the specials. Now if I need the Disney cards right away, as in leaving tomorrow, then I'm going to get whatever is best last minute.

@DisneyMountainWoman - I agree with @Judique- other cards will give you better returns. In addition to what she posted - Discover cash back will give you 5% cash back on grocery store purchases jan - march 2020. If this card is in its first year they will double that and you can get 10% cash back. april-june will be 5% back on wholesale clubs (BJs), july-sept will be paypal (shop disney), and the last quarter will be walmart.com and target.com.

I am sure there are many other strategies that will yield better returns vs. the Disney Premier.

I used the Amex $15/$30 & 4x MR Sam's Club offer to buy a $50 Disney GC but I didn't get the "congrats" email. Is this normal? I feel like the same thing happened when I bought the membership with one of their offers but I can't remember :confused:
Ugh I just realized I forgot to turn my US VPN on so I'm going to get flagged for fraud by Sam's :badpc::badpc::badpc: (@amalone1013 please bill me for use of your emoji)

I used the Amex $15/$30 & 4x MR Sam's Club offer to buy a $50 Disney GC but I didn't get the "congrats" email. Is this normal? I feel like the same thing happened when I bought the membership with one of their offers but I can't remember :confused:

I used it on Dec 27 and no email either. I did get my egift card and already applied it to my DVC dues balance, so I saved 2.01 so far plus the MR's on 47.98, lol. I believe this was an ongoing Sam's Club issue so I actually made a note to watch for this discount. I think most eventually got their offer.

Really hoping to get out of Maryland before we get a snowstorm. It looks decent up until the weekend I leave. Then there is the return. I can always hide out in the south if I have to.

In previous years I've been lucky in that storms hit while I was in Florida, and cleared before my return.

To get the 10% discount on dining you have to pay with the Disney Visa or the Reward Redemption card. You could ask if they can take it off and still charge to the room if you just show it, but that's YMMV... and last reports I read was not working very well. Can't hurt to ask though!

Thank you! It can’t hurt to ask. I have heard that some restaurants will stay let kids who are 10 and over order off the children’s menu (if you pay with cash). Ours barely look 10, so I’m hoping some of the restaurants will allow it. They will try more adult fare like shrimp, but they prefer chicken nuggets and grilled cheese most of the time.

I still have furniture on my deck that needs to go in my shed. Yuch. Nothing that can be ruined but still would like it put away for a couple of months. My newer, nicer stuff is already taken care off but this stuff is heavy. Since it's white it will get dirty but can be hosed down. Maybe I'll just cover it up and drag it to the side deck. Where I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter