I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only visited TX a couple of times McAllen, South Padre and San Antonio, but enjoyed my time there. I just finished the Big Rich and really want to plan another trip. I'm thinking the San Antonio rodeo in 2021, I know my DH would enjoy it. I went to Calgary during the Stampede several years ago, it was very cool. If anyone likes history type genres I recommend the Big Rich.
I don't hear much about the San Antonio rodeo, THE rodeo to do is Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I haven't been in quite awhile, but it's a big deal for my family (parents/sibs).

So... in my quest to use my Biz Plat Dell Credit I bought an Echo from Dell around Black Friday. It was sliced clean open when it came in and it’s a gift so I arranged for a replacement with Dell. In the meantime I made a $200 purchase I hadn’t planned on that obviously solved my credit issue but I still wanted the Echo because it was a good deal. I sent the old one back and on the day the replacement was supposed to arrive I got a notification the arrival date changed and it would now ship in March!! Chatted in and said cancel it. March ain’t gonna work for Xmas gift! They said they would and I went off and bought it at Target when it was on sale.... y’all can see where this is going already right? 🤣 ... this morning I got a call from Dell telling me they completed the cancellation on my order. This evening I got an email from Dell my order has shipped and is due Tues.

We did Epcot and Hollywood studios. I LOVE the skyliner!!! Dh and I both said we could just ride around in that all day. It’s so relaxing and smooth.
Nice to hear you love it! How about I trade you all my future Skyliner FastPasses for your Epcot Area Boat FastPasses? (I almost threw up by the time I got off the Skyliner (DHS to EP) and the rest of my party was like “it was barely rocking...” hard. pass.)

Last edited:
Nice to hear you love it! How about I trade you all my future Skyliner FastPasses for your Epcot Area Boat FastPasses? (I almost threw up by the time I got off the Skyliner (DHS to EP) and the rest of my party was like “it was barely rocking...” hard. pass.)
Deal lol! I’m not a big fan of the boats. It helps that we had nice people every time we rode the skyliner. We had a baby on one ride that laughed the entire time. They said he hasn’t enjoyed any ride except the skyliner and bus haha

We don’t wear ponchos because we think they get sticky and hot. We had umbrellas but they didn’t do a whole lot of good. It was just a crappy day. We still enjoyed the party since we got lucky with the rain stopping. I had about 4-5 of those pretzel snowmen lol
I despise wearing a poncho for the same reason as you but I really despise walking around drenched so I will totally put one on. It is pretty miserable wearing a poncho in summer rain storms.

Deal lol! I’m not a big fan of the boats. It helps that we had nice people every time we rode the skyliner. We had a baby on one ride that laughed the entire time. They said he hasn’t enjoyed any ride except the skyliner and bus haha
That was my youngest ds on his first wdw trip. He was 1 and all he wanted to do was ride the buses, boats and the monorail. Good thing he was free lol!

Oh, I know that would be me, too. Just watching the video made me feel queasy. I even have trouble on the monorail sometimes. 🤢

We did Epcot and Hollywood studios. I LOVE the skyliner!!! Dh and I both said we could just ride around in that all day. It’s so relaxing and smooth. We got in a huge line at HS after jingle bell, jingle bam and it moved so quickly! I couldn’t believe how fast the line moved
I am glad to hear that. I kept trying to get my DH to go on it while we were there and he didn’t want to.

We rode people mover through space (not when it was broken) and the overlay looked pretty cool. I wish I could’ve actually ridden it. Does disney sell babysitters? We might need one in the near future 😂

There used to be a service where you could request in room sitters. Not sure if this is still a thing and I can't say I would leave my infant with people that I don't really know, even if bonded, certified and credentialed to the highest degree. I did use Simba's Clubhouse at AKL, the Poly childcare center, and one at the Swan/Dolphin back when youngest was 4 to 8ish and she loved it and usually didn't want to leave.

On one occasion I brought a 'nanny' with me. I did this also when we attended a wedding out of country, but all ended up at the wedding party until after 2am anyway, plus they had a set up for the younger children, including a kid friendly buffet and hotel staff members to monitor.

Struggling with decisions on flights for our Alaska cruise. Ds doesn’t want non-stop. Too long sitting without a break. And I can’t get from Vancouver to bwi the same day. So we’d have to do a red eye, spend another night in Vancouver, or another night in Seattle. Dca is a better option for flying home but no non-stops to sea on SW.

If I fly out Of Vancouver to Dca, I can do it for 100 k mr on 72k ur. If I use ur through car do I have csr insurance? I also have 70k aa miles but the one way is about 44k miles. Any thoughts?

Anyone ever purchased a car from Carmax and been able to use a CC? Planning to not finance a car but wonder if I’d be allowed to charge a portion of it to a CC and didn’t know if anyone here had ever tried...

Of course I have like NOTHING for MSR right now other than $1000 on JB Biz. I’d been considering doing the Hyatt card for DH which has a 6k MSR though.

Sadly, the cold, yucky, fogg, rainy weather made of cancel our annual trip to Hershey to see the lights and park one last time before spring. Next year it will look totally different with ChocolateTown open.

But at least in 4 days, we’ll be in the warmth of Punta Cana...swimsuits and cocktails here we come!

Sadly, the cold, yucky, fogg, rainy weather made of cancel our annual trip to Hershey to see the lights and park one last time before spring. Next year it will look totally different with ChocolateTown open.

But at least in 4 days, we’ll be in the warmth of Punta Cana...swimsuits and cocktails here we come!
Can you go to Hershey tommorow ? Seems like it’s going to at least be sunny around here by then. Cause it’s nasty out today.

Another question for the Japan experts: Here is a snip of what the award calendar on United's website looks like this morning. The solid blue lines apparently indicate that an economy award ticket is available, and the dotted lines are the days for which a business or first class ticket is available.

The solid lines seem to be "advancing" day by day (e.g. yesterday it only went up to the 11th) but the dotted blue lines are not advancing at all. Those same three days showing are the only ones that have been showing for the last 3-4 days or so.

Do you think it's because the premium rewards are going that much quicker, or do you think they don't release the premium cabins as far out as they do the economy ones?

@Judique - I think we have spoken/posted about IHG surveys through opinion check-in. Did you see that they are ending the program? I just logged on for the first time in months and this is on the homepage:

Starting the 31st of December 2019, you will no longer be able to take surveys or redeem rewards. Registration is also now closed.
We want to sincerely thank all our members for being a valuable part of this community.

Not a huge loss, but this is one way I currently keep my IHG points from expiring. One DQ every so often is all it takes so that I don't have to think about losing the points I have.

ETA - won't even let me log on to take a survey.

I despise wearing a poncho for the same reason as you but I really despise walking around drenched so I will totally put one on. It is pretty miserable wearing a poncho in summer rain storms.
If I would’ve known it was going to rain so much I would’ve worn my Keen sandals. Dh and I both have a pair but didn’t realize it was going to rain so much. I still prefer an umbrella over a poncho

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!