I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you open the Aspire this month, the $250 resort credit would be good until Dec X 2020. User/anniversary year is based on when you open the card, NOT the calendar. So Dec would be your $250 resort credit reset whereas Jan would be the $250 airline fee reset. The issue would be trying to spend the airline fee by the end of December...so if you wanted to keep everything simple, then January would be the time to apply.
Ah, that is very good to note, especially since I will NOT use the airline fee this year.

Thank you so much! I guess I can wait another couple weeks (three weeks?) but man, in the meantime I'll be "wasting" spend AGAIN!!!!

*sigh*

Approved for the Hilton Aspire. No pop up!

I'm slightly regretting not jumping on the no-AF link a few weeks ago, but I won't dwell on it. I didn't need to be poking the RAT. I also didn't have Hilton plans in 2020, and now I do. This card pays for itself and then some.
Congrats! We have gotten a LOT of value from our Aspire. Debating if I downgrade when the AF is due or keep it...

Question for those with the experience booking ANA in Business Class- @calypso726 , @CaliforniaGirl09 , @Haley R:

In this shot above, as far as determining whether there is availability on the ANA flight, is there a difference between "Business Saver Award" and "Business Everyday Award"? Is this two ANA tickets in Business I am looking at or how does that work?

Thank you

With my last post in mind...I will revisit a separate topic... if you are self-supporting with Chase you might be playing with fire. It just doesn't seem to be worth the risk! I know it's only available on a handful of cards anyways... just know the risks if you decide to do it! This game can and will change on a dime! Things that seemed unfathomable are now reality with certain issuers.

:lovestruc I have never ever seen those here. In any store. The Aldi ones come in 3 varieties, jalapeño, poblano and red pepper I think. But the poblanos have lime flavor and aren’t spicy enough so I stock up on the jalapeños.

Yep. DH got the the Premier Biz and Performance Biz. Done.
But yes read @SouthFayetteFan post for all the details.

I am probably older than your mom, but I hate hate hate checks. That said I have 2 payments I have to pay with a check (actually one could be cash :oops:). My car payment is thru our credit union, no electronic payments or CC. I tried Plastiq and the credit union denied it or Plastiq cancelled it or something crazy and I ended up paying a late fee and return check fee. The other is a twice yearly insurance payment which I can’t get to work with Plastiq either.
There’s also DSs school stuff, anything for PTA is cash or check but I’d hate to send a 10 yo to school with $50 or $100 cash. I’m pretty sure the middle school registration is by check or cash only as well as I took my niece last year and didn’t notice an option for CC. Ugh. They really need to get with the times. The 20 something parents probably just pay cash at school if they don’t have checks.
The only thing we have to use checks for is to pay our fertilizer/pest guy. He only takes checks which is silly. I’m not using a check for our HOA fees. I’d rather pay a cc fee

Thanks, I'll look into this. It's just killing me paying taxes on this as it's considered income as part of his bonus, and then paying more for the flights and baggage fees and then having to layover in Atlanta and take longer to get there. 😭 It is just quickly dwindling to hardly any value for me.

That sucks you have to pay taxes on the full value. :(

Just last week, I applied a Delta gift card to a Delta Vacations WDW hotel/Magical Express package. Thought I'd check the terms on the gift card so you can compare to yours. To my surprise, I saw this listed:
"eGifts and Cards may be used only for the Delta Air Lines air transportation portion of a Delta Vacations package"

I definitely had no air in my package. So whatever your terms say, you may just need to test it out. I happened to call in to make the reservation since the majority was going on vouchers. Not sure if that made a difference.

Hope it works out for you!

Question for those with the experience booking ANA in Business Class- @calypso726 , @CaliforniaGirl09 , @Haley R:

View attachment 458417

In this shot above, as far as determining whether there is availability on the ANA flight, is there a difference between "Business Saver Award" and "Business Everyday Award"? Is this two ANA tickets in Business I am looking at or how does that work?

Thank you
The saver reward will have less availability so if you see one you want to grab it right away. You’ll get the same seating either way but use way less points! Both tickets would give you a business class seat but they only have so many at that saver price

Churning times are a chaangin' by @SouthFayetteFan
INSIDER TIP: Pull up THIS VIDEO and hit play then come back here to read the lyrics and enjoy the show...
(I'll embed the video at the bottom too for those that don't want to open a new tab, lol)

Come gather 'round churners
Wherever you churned,
And aadmit that the churners
aaround you got burned,
And aaccept it that soon
your cards will be spurned.
If your points to you are worth saving,
Then you better earn and burn 'em cuz so much is unknown,
For the times they are a-chaangin'.

Come FlyerTalkers and foes
Please pickup your jaw,
Go take a shower
You've found out the flaw,
And don't speak too soon
For the feelings are still raw,
And there's no telling who that it's naming.
For the loser now will be later to win,

Come churners and lurkers
Please heed the call.
Don't aabuse that loophole
or be prepared to fall.
For he that gets hurt
Will have nowhere to crawl.
There's a battle for points and it's raging.
It'll soon hit your balances and they'll all seem so small,

Come bloggers and friends
Throughout the land,
And don't criticize
What you can't understand.
So many upgrades,
Free flights on command!
But the strategy is rapidly fading.
We'll figure out a new one after we have all been banned,

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast.
The slow one now
Will later be fast,
As the present now
Will soon be the past.
And the first one now
Will later be last
for the loser now will be later to win,

Last edited:
The saver reward will have less availability so if you see one you want to grab it right away. You’ll get the same seating either way but use way less points! Both tickets would give you a business class seat but they only have so many at that saver price
OK thank you; I wasn't sure exactly how that worked. Thanks for confirming I am ONLY looking for the ones marked "Saver."

This would be somewhat easier if I were only looking for one seat, as I accidentally discovered when I forgot to specify "2 passengers"!

INSIDER TIP: Pull THIS VIDEO up and hit play then come back here to enjoy the show...
(I'll embed the video at the bottom too for those that don't want to open a new tab, lol)

Wherever you churned,
aaround you got burned,
And aaccept it that soon

Please pickup your jaw,
Go take a shower
And don't speak too soon

Please heed the call.
or be prepared to fall.
For he that gets hurt

Throughout the land,
And don't criticize
So many upgrades,
Free flights on command!

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast.
The slow one now
Will later be fast,
As the present now
Will soon be the past.
And the first one now
Will later be last

I'm actually not sure whether to laugh or cry emoji at this...

Do we have any ticket reseller entrepreneurs here? I have a couple extra tickets from my presale adventures and figured it'd be easy enough to just list through TM later, but so far they're listed as not eligible :( Is it possible the option will turn up at a later time? Or should I start looking at alternates like StubHub? I waited until after general release to double check but still showing as not an option. Still have 6 months to go until show time though.

Drive-by posting from Delhi to say that I may have a Plane Princess on my hands :rotfl: He said yesterday that he only wants to fly in lie-flat business (or first lol) from now on!

Lufthansa from PHL to Frankfurt in the mini cabin upstairs on the 747 was perfection.

Lufthansa Business Class lounge in Frankfurt was very nicely equipped with good food, great coffee machines, and a wide variety of seating types. The WiFi was pretty sucky but that may have been due to the fact we were in the far corner of the lounge.

We did not enjoy the experience on the A380 as much going from Frankfurt to Delhi. The service wasn’t as good—-I think it was just our particular flight attendant. We hit cruddy weather trying to land in Delhi with huge thunderstorms that were producing hail on the ground. We circled for over an hour, then were diverted 1.75 hours away to Hyderabad to refuel and wait out the worst of the storms. We finally landed in Delhi 7 hours late:sad: Our friends went ahead with the planned morning touring (we didn’t reach the hotel until they left); we showered, enjoyed the beautiful hotel breakfast buffet, and took a brief nap:)

Drive-by posting from Delhi to say that I may have a Plane Princess on my hands :rotfl: He said yesterday that he only wants to fly in lie-flat business (or first lol) from now on!

Lufthansa from PHL to Frankfurt in the mini cabin upstairs on the 747 was perfection.

Lufthansa Business Class lounge in Frankfurt was very nicely equipped with good food, great coffee machines, and a wide variety of seating types. The WiFi was pretty sucky but that may have been due to the fact we were in the far corner of the lounge.

We did not enjoy the experience on the A380 as much going from Frankfurt to Delhi. The service wasn’t as good—-I think it was just our particular flight attendant. We hit cruddy weather trying to land in Delhi with huge thunderstorms that were producing hail on the ground. We circled for over an hour, then were diverted 1.75 hours away to Hyderabad to refuel and wait out the worst of the storms. We finally landed in Delhi 7 hours late:sad: Our friends went ahead with the planned morning touring (we didn’t reach the hotel until they left); we showered, enjoyed the beautiful hotel breakfast buffet, and took a brief nap:)
Very nice! Enjoy your trip!

INSIDER TIP: Pull up THIS VIDEO and hit play then come back here to read the lyrics and enjoy the show...

Wherever you churned,
aaround you got burned,
And aaccept it that soon

Please pickup your jaw,
Go take a shower
And don't speak too soon

Please heed the call.
or be prepared to fall.
For he that gets hurt

Throughout the land,
And don't criticize
So many upgrades,
Free flights on command!

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast.
The slow one now
Will later be fast,
As the present now
Will soon be the past.
And the first one now
Will later be last

I laughed, I cried... felt like I was on the Jungle Cruise ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter