I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed your new countdown tracker! So cute. You should get a baby bump pic in the same place at Disney or with the same character every month.
Haha thank you. I’ve just been taking them at our house. Maybe when I get closer we can go do a photo shoot at DS or something. I’m just now starting to get a belly and my shirts are getting tight

Last edited:
Weird raise issue. I listed a $150 and a $50 AA gift card on raise on 10/3. Today I got an email from Raise saying I had to edit my listing because the value of both cards as of yesterday was $0. I went back and retrieved the cards and checked the balance and they had balances of $150 and $50. So I "updated" the information in raise. Don't get what the issue was.
That is definitely concerning. I wonder if Raise runs some kind of regular check on GC's for balance updates and maybe there was a glitch in the AA site?? Just a guess. I hope they sell soon and everything is okay.

Friendly DISchurners reminder...when you use a support link, make sure you PM the person and let them know! I had somebody ask me today if there was any way to figure out who used their link... My Answer: unfortunately, no! So let those DISchurners peeps know if you click their link - it's a nice way for them watch for the points and then say THANK YOU!!

And if you're lurking on the thread and aren't using links...get your butt on DISchurners and pay it forward friends!! Happy Churning!!!

I can’t remember with my BBP, but do the employee cards come later for some reason? Dh’s card came today but my employee card didn’t come with

Thank you! It is a lot to absorb, which is why I’ve been reading through as much of this forum, DoC, MTM and others I can’t remember right now :oops: I did see the info about business cards, and while there’s nothing going right now, I have thought about some sort of side hustle for some extra cash, so it may come in the future.

The Citi card was opened when Costco switched, in 2016, probably about the same time we opened the BCP Card.

In the (distant) past I’ve opened Frontier and SW cards to get the miles for one or two free tickets, but that was a younger time. We haven’t been on a SW flight in a long time, so I don’t remember their seat layouts. DW is tall and has bad knees, one of which was just replaced. She very much likes the extra legroom in the United Economy Plus seats, so for her it’s worth the extra $$. But, I do see your point, and am aware of how much more cost effective it would be to fly SW. Maybe on a short flight we can try it again...

I did have one other question...If we are thinking about a refi in the next few months, should we hold off on more applications until that is done? Or does one affect more than the other and we should apply before the refi? I’d like to move forward with the CSP for DW in the next month or so, but don’t want to risk screwing the refi up.

Thanks so much - you all are awesome!:worship:

When you refi, the lender will ask you about every single hard pull and new card within x number of months (likely 4-6 months). Opening the cards will also ding your credit score a little. The hard pull will be a temporary ding. If you're working on the spend for the bonus and a large balance gets reported before it's due and paid off, another temporary ding (goes away once the balance drops and is reported). Since you're looking at personal cards, those will report to your personal credit report and reduce your average age of accounts. This ding will last longer.

That's the other great thing about business cards. For most issuers, nothing gets reported to your personal credit report except the hard pull.

It's probably better to refi first. But if your credit score is high, it may not matter anyways.

Back from Universal! This weekend trip would not have been possible without savings from travel hacking. My cousin was like "I'm so happy to see you! But uh....why are you here?" :rotfl2: Because I have an AP and SW points, that's why!

I got a Southwest drink coupon from my sister, who couldn't use it before it expires on 11/30. On my flight home the flight attendant didn't charge me anything for my Irish coffee (which ALWAYS happens to me on redeyes, idk why), so it will go to waste unless I can find someone who can use it before the end of the month. I'd love to give it to someone on this thread. So, if you are interested, PM me your address and I can mail it out to you on Tuesday! First come first serve :) Claimed!

Last edited:
Question for anyone with inter-island flight in HI...

We are going next July and have round trip flights booked on Delta to/from Maui. The trip will be 2 weeks and we plan on spending approximately one week on Maui and another week either on the Big Island or Kauai. When looking at the inter-island flights, SW is really a no-go for us as they all connect in Honolulu and have layovers. HA has the best flights it seems, directly from one island to the next. Is it worth getting the HA CC just for these inter-island flights? I'm at 1/24 so I have room for one. Just wondering if anyone had any advice to do anything different?

I have always wanted a little blue box so maybe I just need a larger one :)

Oh, and DS told me he is allowed to have the glass of $300 bottle of champagne we are offered on our arrival in F class...pretty sure he'll just need to settle for a crown instead.

@calypso726 If you have any points on where to get tiaras, please do share :)

We need to boujie on these flights!
I let DS try beer and wine (a sip). It effectively deterred him for the next 5 years or so. He thinks it’s horrible stuff.
Friendly DISchurners reminder...when you use a support link, make sure you PM the person and let them know! I had somebody ask me today if there was any way to figure out who used their link... My Answer: unfortunately, no! So let those DISchurners peeps know if you click their link - it's a nice way for them watch for the points and then say THANK YOU!!

And if you're lurking on the thread and aren't using links...get your butt on DISchurners and pay it forward friends!! Happy Churning!!!
I’ve used a support link and not told the receiver. First, a nice little surprise, I need no thanks. Second, I’m always worried it won’t go thru or didn’t work, so I don’t tell on the off chance they’d be disappointed.

Last edited:
Check the DISchurners news thread using your browser to search for “Happy”. There are at least two grocery store deals going on right now, and OD/OM will have some during Black Friday week.

I’m not sure if it’s the best deal, but Rakuten has $10 off. If you open a new Rakuten account with a referral there’s another $10. Plus if you already have a Rakuten account and refer your spouse you get a $25 referral bonus.
Check your amex offers (if you have amex credit cards) for the happy guy offer or the staples offer. Otherwise @Lain posted a Safeway/Albertson's deal for 8x rewards for the next week or so.

Thank you. I can wait a bit to see if the Amex offer comes back. I will also look at Rakuten. No Safeway/Albertson's near me. But I do think Stop n Shop has an offer on gift cards right now.

Back from Universal! This weekend trip would not have been possible without savings from travel hacking. My cousin was like "I'm so happy to see you! But uh....why are you here?" :rotfl2: Because I have an AP and SW points, that's why!

I got a Southwest drink coupon from my sister, who couldn't use it before it expires on 11/30. On my flight home the flight attendant didn't charge me anything for my Irish coffee (which ALWAYS happens to me on redeyes, idk why), so it will go to waste unless I can find someone who can use it before the end of the month. I'd love to give it to someone on this thread. So, if you are interested, PM me your address and I can mail it out to you on Tuesday! First come first serve :) Claimed!

Claimed!

I was actually about to post same thing! lol I have 2 coupons left, also expire at end of November so not much time, but if anyone wants them I would be happy to send.

Last edited:
My phone is having the pop up issues again. And I did install the Norton ad blocker someone told me to add. It is not working. Just on the DIS. So annoying.
Wow that’s weird. I’ve had no problems since I downloaded the ad blocker awhile back. Did you ever turn it off for this website on accident?

Last edited:
Question for anyone with inter-island flight in HI...

We are going next July and have round trip flights booked on Delta to/from Maui. The trip will be 2 weeks and we plan on spending approximately one week on Maui and another week either on the Big Island or Kauai. When looking at the inter-island flights, SW is really a no-go for us as they all connect in Honolulu and have layovers. HA has the best flights it seems, directly from one island to the next. Is it worth getting the HA CC just for these inter-island flights? I'm at 1/24 so I have room for one. Just wondering if anyone had any advice to do anything different?

We did this when we headed to Hawaii many years ago. One HA CC paid for all our inter-island flights. The flights also show up on Chase portal and you will probably get more bang for your buck with a Chase sign-up.

When you refi, the lender will ask you about every single hard pull and new card within x number of months (likely 4-6 months). Opening the cards will also ding your credit score a little. The hard pull will be a temporary ding. If you're working on the spend for the bonus and a large balance gets reported before it's due and paid off, another temporary ding (goes away once the balance drops and is reported). Since you're looking at personal cards, those will report to your personal credit report and reduce your average age of accounts. This ding will last longer.

That's the other great thing about business cards. For most issuers, nothing gets reported to your personal credit report except the hard pull.

It's probably better to refi first. But if your credit score is high, it may not matter anyways.
Thanks - I was thinking that could be an issue. We both have scores that range between 815-845, so I think we’d be okay, We’re not in a big hurry since we’re going to DW in February, so our next trip won’t be until 2021 at least. We could always do the refi and wait a few months for the card, I guess.

We did this when we headed to Hawaii many years ago. One HA CC paid for all our inter-island flights. The flights also show up on Chase portal and you will probably get more bang for your buck with a Chase sign-up.

Thank you. We'll have to weigh if its better to use UR's for excursions or these flights. I'll definitely see what the price difference is between the Chase site and HA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter