I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to rank resorts...

1. YC/BC
3. Contemporary with a Castle View
3. GF
4. Poly
5. Contemporary (any other view)
**(I assume Boardwalk would fit in here somewhere in this area, but we've never stayed there)
6. POR
And then nothing else is really on my list - we've stayed at CBR, CSR, Pop, ASp, ASm but none are on my list even at this point. If we had to do a value for some reason it would definitely be Pop though.

If the clown pool doesn't bother you, you might find BW jumps up there to 1 or 2. I was shocked how much I loved it last month!

I wish we'd just kept our luggage and taken a Lyft. Why we thought the other option would be okay is baffling to me now lol...
We’ve used the transfer service a couple times and never had an issue- I had no idea it shutdown over bad weather. Definitely will just bring my suitcase in the Lyft next month!

We stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon so maybe that's why, but I love the quaint feel it has. It's so small and quiet compared to other resorts. We love walking through the streets since it looks like a little town and along the river. We always seem to watch a movie on the grass, too, which we never do at any other resort for some reason. I also really like the music that's played at POFQ
We stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon, too ... in 1991 :rotfl:
If I had to rank resorts...

1. YC/BC
3. Contemporary with a Castle View
3. GF
4. Poly
5. Contemporary (any other view)
**(I assume Boardwalk would fit in here somewhere in this area, but we've never stayed there)
6. POR
And then nothing else is really on my list - we've stayed at CBR, CSR, Pop, ASp, ASm but none are on my list even at this point. If we had to do a value for some reason it would definitely be Pop though.
Our family's favorite non-DVC resorts:
1. YC
2. Contemporary wing
3. POFQ (just dh and I have stayed there twice)
4. the 2 level townhouse-like buildings that were where Saratoga Springs is now (stayed there in 1997 with extended fam)
Our families favorite DVC resorts are:
1-Boardwalk Villas.. love the access to Epcot and Studios...added plus booking the low point SV rooms
2-Bay Lake Villas....walk to MK, plus the 3rd bathroom in the 2br villa
3-Grand Floridian Villas...whole feel/look of them....downside is the increased number of points needed to book
4- Beach Club Villas...walk to Epcot and pool
5- Wilderness Lodge- Boulder Creek ....beautiful themed resort..
6-Animal Kingdom-
7- Saratoga Springs
8- Old Key West

We have never stayed at the Polynesian...since we book 2 br Villas or Copper Creek
And our family's favorite DVC resorts:
1. AKV Kidani
2. BLT
3. BWV for easy access to 2 parks
4. Boulder Creek
5. Grand Floridian (though I would move it up the list when/if that walking path to the MK is completed)
6. AKV Jambo
7. Saratoga

We haven't stayed at BC, Copper Creek, Poly, or Old Key West yet.

I avoided POFQ for YEARS, despite all the love it gets here on the board, because I do not care for the theming. But once we finally stayed there, I fell in love. The small size is such a nice treat compared to most of the Disney resorts, the pool is really magical for kids and the beignets are amazing. Like an angel in your mouth lol. Just that good! For this last trip, I wanted POR with the murphy beds so we could each have our own bed. POFQ doesn't offer rooms for 5. In the end, I think I wish we'd booked POFQ and just dealt with the 4 queens. We could have made do and been happier at that resort.
We liked POR, but we were in Magnolia Terrace which is a quick walk to food court and pool and has a bus stop right behind it. I think we’d like POFQ, which we ate at when we stayed at POR.
This hasn’t been mentioned yet but we love Fort Wilderness. It’s an entirely different vibe than any of the other resorts, and the cabins are perfect for a family of 5. Here’s my list:

BC/YC
Fort Wilderness
AKL
Poly
POFQ
Grand Floridian
Carribbean Beach
Contemporary (have only done garden wing)
AS Movies
I know everyone is different but I hated Ft Wilderness. The cabin was great but the internal bus system was awful. Not much is walkable, it’s take a bus everywhere. No quick service except the pool. Sadly the number of CMs who know nothing about Ft Wilderness is high. We were given wrong instructions on how to get to Ft Wild from various parks at least 3-4 times. One night, leaving MK a CM told my sister to take the bus to DS, then get a bus to FT Wilderness . Took sis 1.5 hours to get back. Then there were the CMs who insisted Ft Wilderness is the same as Wilderness Lodge.

My top 2 resorts would be Swan and Dolphin. I’m sure I’d like many of the deluxe but $ make me say no. Tried Poly once and found it too dark and hated the bathroom layout. I’d stay at POR or POFQ if they were free, sadly they’re not.

Anyone do a Sheraton Vacations offer? 4 nights in a one bedroom villa and a gift card to planet hollywood observatory for 199 if you travel before Dec15th. May be worth going and saying no, no, no at the presentation.

View attachment 426802

I’m doing that offer in January, except mine was either the GC or 15k Marriott points, which is what I chose. If you’re interested, may be worth calling and asking about if you can get the previous points offer instead. I have no problem saying no no no so I’m looking forward to our trip!

And our family's favorite DVC resorts:
1. AKV Kidani
2. BLT
3. BWV for easy access to 2 parks
4. Boulder Creek
5. Grand Floridian (though I would move it up the list when/if that walking path to the MK is completed)
6. AKV Jambo
7. Saratoga

We haven't stayed at BC, Copper Creek, Poly, or Old Key West yet.

I like the way you think. We own your top three picks! :D

It is hard for me to rank the resorts, because if they all had fresh new rooms I'd rank differently vs ranking them in current condition.
For example, I'd like Poly waaayyy more if the rooms and halls and elevators were redone.

Currently I think I am as follows:
1. YC
2. BW (only 2nd b/c my kids love SAB so much)
3. CSR
4. BC (would be higher with newer rooms)
5. POFQ
6. GF

POR, AKL, Poly, CR, WL....all equal the rest of the list in no particular order since they needed room renovations since my last stays. I haven't stayed at a value in so long I can't rank any fairly. I think Poly DVC would be way up at number 3, but I haven't stayed there yet, so not fair to rank it.

I've slept at:

BLT Villas and Contemporary
GF Villas and GF
Poly Villas and Poly reg and concierge rooms
BCV
BWV
SSR
Boulder Creek Villas
Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge
Jambo House Villas
Kidani Villas
Swan
Dolphin
Coronado Springs
All Star Movies
All Star Sports
Pop Century
Shades of Green
Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabin
Fort Wilderness camping two nights as an add on to a DVC stay
Hilton Head DVC
Vero Beach DVC

And, my faves are BWV, AKL concierge - room on 5th floor -not DVC, BLT lakeview outer ring

I want to stay in a tree house villa at SSR, a 2 level garden suite at BW Inn

Last edited:
Anyone do a Sheraton Vacations offer? 4 nights in a one bedroom villa and a gift card to planet hollywood observatory for 199 if you travel before Dec15th. May be worth going and saying no, no, no at the presentation.

View attachment 426802

You can check out recent Sheraton resale’s on EBay, print them off and mention Timeshare Users Group. You should get out of the meeting quickly.
It might even be worth ordering a t shirt.

Attachments

• 53B2ED9A-BA15-40E0-9ED8-FC91E1D385E4.png
    53B2ED9A-BA15-40E0-9ED8-FC91E1D385E4.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 593F0298-FA5B-4597-A3E3-16FD5D56C2BD.png
    593F0298-FA5B-4597-A3E3-16FD5D56C2BD.png
    197 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I’m trying to at least draft out a possible plan for which cards to open and in which order for a trip to WDW in about 18 months. I’m hoping to cover hotel for 5-6 nights and flights with points. Since I just got my CIP, I was playing around on the UR site and noticed there weren’t any Disney resorts on there. What’s the best option for earning points that can be used for Disney resorts or Swan/Dolphin right now. I looked at AA, but saw that Disney might not be available to book next year. I appreciate all the insight you have shared so far to help get me started in the CC game!

I am behind so not sure if anyone else answered. The CC companies are definitely making it harder to use at Disney. Since things keep changing your best bet may be to do P1 and P2 multiple CIPs and cash out URs. Marriott has upped the points required for Swan/Dolphin and restricted their cards so it is hard to get those with just Marriott points now. I believe for now the Swan/Dolphin may still be on the AA portal so you can try for those cards, but it sounds like the GrAAvy train may be derailing too. Of course, because I just got my first card. It is hard to give concrete advice right now because everything can change so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!