I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase. I forgot to check the limit before putting in the transfer, I only remembered to check Ally. Now I can't even see what the limit is or any of my stuff. D'oh.

It's been a while for me, but I think it's 10K daily limit for Chase. If you tried to transfer more than that, just call Chase - they probably did it as a block against fraud (at least that's what happened to me in the past) - and they'll remove the block after asking ID questions. Then you can proceed with transferring subject to the daily limit.

ETA: Chase is not good for transferring large amounts.

It's been a while for me, but I think it's 10K daily limit for Chase. If you tried to transfer more than that, just call Chase - they probably did it as a block against fraud (at least that's what happened to me in the past) - and they'll remove the block after asking ID questions. Then you can proceed with transferring subject to the daily limit.

ETA: Chase is not good for transferring large amounts.
That's it then. $17k :o Will have to call after work. I don't know why Ally won't validate my Discover account - it just immediately tells me can't validate, don't get to do the trial deposits. :confused3

Arrggghhhh. For some reason I couldn't get our Discover Savings to validate with my Ally account, I wanted to move most of the savings because of the rate change. No problem I thought, I will just daisy chain it back through my Chase account. So transferred in the money, today I went to transfer to Discover since it's no longer pending with Chase... they locked my account.

I assume Chase locked your account - they have form for doing this. A quick phone call should sort it out.

That's it then. $17k :o Will have to call after work. I don't know why Ally won't validate my Discover account - it just immediately tells me can't validate, don't get to do the trial deposits. :confused3

Each banking institution has its own set of rules. For example, individual account to individual (not joint! or if it's joint, whose name is primary on the account!) account or vice versa, savings to savings (not checking!), etc. Unfortunately, there's not a blanket rule that applies for all of the banks, so there's lots of trial and error involved.

Last edited:
I'm behind on my reading since I decided to take a last minute trip to the White Mountains on Saturday. Jumped on Chase travel site and booked two nights (at two different places) with points through DH's CIP at 6pm and we were on the road by 7 pm. About 2 hours into the 4 hour drive, I decided I better call the hotel to make sure they had our reservation. Well, they did have our reservation, but the room Chase let us book was apparently already taken and this hotel had zero availability. The woman on the phone claimed she let Chase know and they would be contacting us. So now we are two hours from home and two hours from our destination with nowhere to sleep. Called around and finally found a room 20 minutes in the opposite direction. The rest of the trip went smoothly, and DD had a blast at the Polar Caves and Santa's Village. We never received a call or email from Chase though. DH called yesterday and got the points back, and tried to get some compensation for our trouble and their mistake allowing a booking of a filled room. No dice. I had him call back today and they gave him 5,000 points for our trouble.

In other news, DH was approved for CIP#3 today, self referral. He closed CIP#1 last week when the AF hit.

If you are like me and had a mini-heart attack when receiving a confirmation of transfer of Marriott points email, don't be immediately alarmed - this was the email confirmation of a transfer I sent to DW several months ago and totally forgot about it.

YOU SHARED POINTS​
..., you recently shared points from your Marriott Bonvoy™ account.​
Here are the details:​
•​
Number of points: 17000​
•​
From account number: XXXXXXXXX​
If you didn't request this transfer, please contact Member Support, and be sure to change your password in your Member Profile.​

Bonvoyed!

:offtopic:

Just a few thoughts as I sit by the Turtle Pond pool at OKW (drink in hand of course) waiting for laundry to finish...

I totally agree with @wendow, for summer trips I think I would definitely book an interior corridor DVC resort like Wilderness, BLT, etc.
We only book interior hallway DVC during the summer because we've had the "good fortune" of staying at WDW during *4* tropical storms/depressions between 2008-2018 :eek: During the downpours we've been able to eat at a sit-down restaurant, enjoy a lounge, hang out in the game room (when the kids were younger), and wander around the resort---without getting wet. You can still get wet going to a sit-down restaurant at BLT and Boulder Ridge if the rain is blowing sideways, unfortunately.
Heading to Richmond VA. Going to drive to Williamsburg and VA beach. I still love JetBlue even if they did switch to Pepsi products!
Have to say I am in love with my Motherlode Jr. It’s a bit snug but fits under the seat in front of me. I’m getting the kids each their own for the holidays!
It's an awesome backpack---dd19 loves hers!

Each banking institution has its own set of rules. For example, individual account to individual (not joint! or if it's joint, who's name is primary on the account!) account or vice versa, savings to savings (not checking!), etc. Unfortunately, there's not a blanket rule that applies for all of the banks, so there's lots of trial and error involved.
$10k is actually pretty good. My CU limits to $2k daily. I get a nice pop-up that tells me I have exceeded the daily max.

Heading to Richmond VA. Going to drive to Williamsburg and VA beach. I still love JetBlue even if they did switch to Pepsi products!
Have to say I am in love with my Motherlode Jr. It’s a bit snug but fits under the seat in front of me. I’m getting the kids each their own for the holidays!
Ha, I used mine in June for our trip to Universal and DH hated it. He said it was way too heavy since he was the one stuck carrying it. He much prefers to just use an UA backpack.

I really liked how organized it was though.

Another would be Jamaica. I went with my family for my brother’s senior trip with a large group of people and I don’t think I’ll ever be back. It was dirty and the people were super sketchy.
I agree on Jamaica. It's dirty and VERY dangerous for female travelers.
I don’t have much interest in another western Caribbean cruise. It’s not that I hated the ports, since we always found great day use resorts, I’m just not a huge beach person (love the views but get bored easily). I will make an exception for Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. It’s always so much fun. I enjoyed our Mexican riviera cruise so much more (except Cabo). The ports had a more European feel and offered more than just beaches.

Adding Miami as well since it’s just not my kind of town.
Jamaica is easily #1 on my list followed by the Bahamas and some parts of the Caribbean. I *hated* Jamaica. I've never been somewhere where I felt so unsafe and unwanted. People would give these eerie smiles that made me feel as if they couldn't wait for me to turn my back to stick a knife in there or something. I was an older teen when we went but that place has stuck with me. Nassau had a similar vibe but on a much smaller scale. I still can't understand how anyone likes Atlantis. We did an excursion there and left after a couple hours it was so horrible.

Shrug. To each his own, as is obvious by reading everyone's comments. We LOVED China, but we didn't have the crowds and smog in Beijing and other places. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

@bernina I'm with you in enjoying the Mexican riviera side, but I do love Mexico. It's sad how unsafe parts of it has become.

Add me to the no love for NoLA.

My biggest travel disappointment was St. Petersburg. I'd wanted to travel there for years. As a teen, I was fascinated by the Romanov's and did a ton of reading on Russian history. We went there on a DCL cruise a few years back, and I've never been somewhere where I was so uncomfortable. Every time we went through customs, I felt like I was in a lineup. We were told by DCL not to look at the agents and only speak if spoken to. There was a huge difference between the young Russian people and the old people. The young people were more welcoming and would smile, but I swear we had a couple ex-KGB officers when we were going through customs. Not being able to go anywhere without a guide was also intimidating. After the second garishly gold room, I was done. I expected to feel the same way when we went to China a couple years later, but it wasn't that way at all.

I am anxiously awaiting DHs RRs from his flight this morning to post to push him to A list preferred lol. He landed 30min early, what a tease... they seem to post really quickly anywyas so I think I'm really just waiting on the scheduled landing time.

Mine should be here in the next few days, I want to try it for our weekend trip to WDW. If I like it I'm planning on getting my older kids one for Christmas too.

I am not nearly as traveled as most of you but I have no desire to ever go to Vegas. I grew up in the middle of nowhere Nevada (we like to call it REAL Nevada) and had to travel to either Vegas or Reno for everything. My family always chose Reno which has such a better feel. We had to travel 7 hours by school bus to play sports against the small private schools in Vegas multiple times a year and often spend the night. They always put us in the grossest, scariest motels. I just really don't get the appeal of it at all.

Very helpful, thanks! I'm hoping I can kind of accumulate some of these offers and then make a decision on which island we want to go to. We know for sure we will want to fly into Honolulu and spend two nights there since DH wants to see one of his favorite comedians perform his annual show there, so I figure I'll just pick a lower end Hilton or Marriott to stay at there. We've done Oahu before so don't need to spend a bunch of time there or stay anywhere fancy. We're willing to spend the rest of the trip on any of the other islands, so I think it will just come down to what's the best points value/offer we get.
You're planning Hawaii for around Christmas, right? Be careful if you plan on using points/free certs for your hotels. We are going this Christmas/New Year's and we ran into the problem of hotels requiring minimum stays or no points availability during that time. We were hoping to use one of our free night certs at the Grand Wailea but there was no availability to book for one night. I even called Hilton and they couldn't help me book it even though we were combining it with an additional 5 nights. A lot of Hiltons are requiring at least a 4 or 5 night stay. I've been poking around the Marriott site as well and noticed very limited availability with them too. So, I guess the takeaway is to book your hotels there as early as you can and plan on using points instead of free certs. It does seem like Hilton Hawaiian Village always has availability though.

Also, I'm wondering if the timeshare offers will allow you to book during that period or if it's also blacked out. Something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!