I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT reading your spoilers, but what is your take on the age appropriateness of the series? Looking for something for the whole fam to watch, but concerned about my 2nd grader. All fine with original SW, but we have some hesitation about the newer ones. Thoughts?

There is a lot of laser blasters and people dying, so if that would be a problem, then I might avoid it. There wasn't anything sexual in the first episode, but not sure if that will change with later episodes.

We didn't jump on that D23 offer when it came out, so no Disney+ over here.

**Slinks over to the shun corner now, bringing some organic and healthy snacks and some Hint water with me. I think they will shun me over there when they see what I brought. I'll add in some of the leftover halloween candy that's still here.**

just throw some vodka in the hint water and they'll welcome you with open arms 🍸🍹

nd I will have them switch the rewards number when I check in ahead of him (so we get plat benefits and so I get the elite nights for the stay).
I didn't know you could do that. I will try doing that for a trip we have in July. Booked under DH since one night will be using his free night cert.

We didn't jump on that D23 offer when it came out, so no Disney+ over here.
I didn't either. Now DH saw all the trailers on The Mandalorian and wants to get it, just to watch that. I think I'll wait until a bunch of episodes drop, plus they can get through this rough patch of the initial launch before signing up. I'll just go month to month as I don't see us watching all the time. I am not sure we'll keep it long term.

What is up with all the streaming services going to this releasing one episode at a time. What I really love is being able to binge one episode after the other - in addition to no commercials. Netflix just did the latest Great British Baking Show like that where you only got one episode a week. Go back to releasing all of them at the same time, please!

I didn't know you could do that. I will try doing that for a trip we have in July. Booked under DH since one night will be using his free night cert.

I didn't either. Now DH saw all the trailers on The Mandalorian and wants to get it, just to watch that. I think I'll wait until a bunch of episodes drop, plus they can get through this rough patch of the initial launch before signing up. I'll just go month to month as I don't see us watching all the time. I am not sure we'll keep it long term.

What is up with all the streaming services going to this releasing one episode at a time. What I really love is being able to binge one episode after the other - in addition to no commercials. Netflix just did the latest Great British Baking Show like that where you only got one episode a week. Go back to releasing all of them at the same time, please!
I agree, I like having them all at once. I don't want to remember which shows I still need to watch each week. I already have to do that with Riverdale. It was nice to be able to just focus on one show at a time.

@SouthFayetteFan Dh was approved for the BBP with my support!
CONGRATS!! That seems like a great step while you bide your time with Chase!
Well, the first episode opens in a cantina with some thugs terrorizing another patron, the Mandalorian comes in like a gunslinger in a spaghetti western, a fight ensues and ends with one of the thugs sliced in half by an iris doorway closing on him.

That’s all in the first 5 minutes. It gets tamer from there.
Any profanity?
Yeah, I am technically a millennial that also straddles the xennial title having been born before 1985. I can remember when we got our first computer (Texas Instruments) and it used cartridges. Our next computer used 5" floppy disks. We had an ISDN line in our house before most people where on the internet. My brother had me making ASCII art for his BBS way back in the day. And then one day Warcraft came out on PC and it changed my life. I would spend 45 minutes trying to get my modem to connect up with my friend's modem and we would play a whole 15 glorious minutes of Warcraft before someone would pick up the phone, disconnecting our game. Earth-shattering.
1984 here so I’m in that same boat!!

So back in September I made a purchase on my Amazon Business Amex using $80 worth of reward points but ended up canceling the order. The item never even shipped. The amount of the purchase that I paid in cash got refunded to my card, but the rewards points never posted back into my Amex account. I thought I would wait a cycle and see, but it still didn't post back. I got on chat this morning and after explaining everything (which was surprisingly harder than it should be), they were able to put back all of the points. That was one of my easiest interactions with Amex.

I take that as quite the compliment. A couple years ago when we were hashing out who was who on the thread I'd say the vast majority of people thought I was an old retired dude. :D I kinda like being pictured that way.
I work with a lot of young millennial under 30. Most of them are drowning in debt and still want to go back for a higher degree. I’m glad I went to college when it was cheap. I feel bad for my kids.

Question about cardmatch. I'm looking for a card (for a relative, not me) and on the cardmatch site the disclosures keep repeating the word "inquiry" (as in an inquiry will show on your consumer credit report) but what does that mean?

I had a productive churning day yesterday! I drove 3 hours to the new Chase branch that just opened in my state and opened a Chase biz checking account for a $500 bonus. On the way I stopped and Staples (we don’t have one in my city) and picked up $100 in DGC using up my Amex $25 stmt credit for $100 spend and got $1000 in fee-free VGC’s using my CIC. I know that’s small potatoes next to some of you but for me that’s all I was comfortable with 😊 After work today I need to pick up my DGC’s from BB that I bough through RMN to use my Amex save $30 off $300 offer. I’ll hopefully get 12% cash back from RMN, but if not 10% still isn’t bad! I think we have enough for our DVC dues now that will be due in Jan and I can start stocking up on DGC’s for food for our May trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter