I know this will ispure imotions...

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. What you find butt ugly others don't. The only thing that bothers me about these discussions is it seems if one is not agreeable to bashing DVC then they are apologists. Why can we just agree that what appeals to one does not necessarily appeal to others, and that is acceptable.
That's been a standard on DIS for a long time just like not agreeing with some is the same as attacking them.

That's been a standard on DIS for a long time just like not agreeing with some is the same as attacking them.
it certainly seems that way sometimes.....the axe grinding gets a little tired as well as the negativity. I think we all know Disney is not perfect. For some the magic has worn off long ago.....and it may seem like they have an agenda. I choose to think they just want to express their disappointment, but sometimes it does come off as bitter, when more positive comments are flamed.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. What you find butt ugly others don't. The only thing that bothers me about these discussions is it seems if one is not agreeable to bashing DVC then they are apologists. Why can we just agree that what appeals to one does not necessarily appeal to others, and that is acceptable.

And it may also be somewhat related to written discussion vs in person. I recognize what Sammie says and on the opposite side it can seem like if you see room for improvement then you are nitpicking and should just keep quiet and be happy. Greatest longevity here is not taking it personal - just a different POV that we want to share - or sometimes argue. :teeth: We will have different areas of importance or even notice.

it certainly seems that way sometimes.....the axe grinding gets a little tired as well as the negativity. I think we all know Disney is not perfect. For some the magic has worn off long ago.....and it may seem like they have an agenda. I choose to think they just want to express their disappointment, but sometimes it does come off as bitter, when more positive comments are flamed.
No question there are areas for improvement and frankly, areas where DVC performs poorly. What's worse, usually the things they do poorly are either by choice or lack of effort/attention.

And it may also be somewhat related to written discussion vs in person. I recognize what Sammie says and on the opposite side it can seem like if you see room for improvement then you are nitpicking and should just keep quiet and be happy. Greatest longevity here is not taking it personal - just a different POV that we want to share - or sometimes argue. :teeth: We will have different areas of importance or even notice.
Obviously there are many nuances. What I find most tedious are people complaining about what they either knew or should have known up front such as reallocations or the loss of valet parking. I remember posts from those feeling the others members should pay for their valet parking so they'd continue to get it for free. It's a microcosm of society but seems to be even worse with DVC likely in part because of the $$$ investment into the system.

I guess my take on DVC is different from some because one I understand how it works and doesn't work and I accept that. I don't hold them to a lesser standard I just understand what it is and isn't and I am willing to accept that. I also personally know many in management and have for many years, so I know they do care.

Plus if I was really not pleased on a majority basis with DVC and my visits I would sell and quit going. I would not spend my money on something that brings me little joy. I also would not be back to the DVC forums, if I did sell. I am sure many have gotten to that point, but we haven't.

I guess my take on DVC is different from some because one I understand how it works and doesn't work and I accept that. I don't hold them to a lesser standard I just understand what it is and isn't and I am willing to accept that. I also personally know many in management and have for many years, so I know they do care.

Plus if I was really not pleased on a majority basis with DVC and my visits I would sell and quit going. I would not spend my money on something that brings me little joy. I also would not be back to the DVC forums, if I did sell. I am sure many have gotten to that point, but we haven't.
I agree with all aspects you stated but the reality is there are things they do poorly and in almost every case, it's unnecessary.

I would be more in agreement of the OP and ollowing discussion if it was about a DVC expansion compared to "non DVC" guests.

They didn't "have to " expand at all. And nobody "has to " buy there, and nobody "has to" stay there.

I mean who is really being "cheated" here if anybody? Not DVC IMO. Not really anybody since it brings attention and additions to resorts, for sure not DVC owners though.

They (non owners) would be the ones that lost entire buildings at the POLY and views as well. That props up the regular room pricing with lower inventory. Although they did gain a much better pool.

Same at WL. Lost half the lodge rooms keeping the regular inventory down and prices up, with far fewer rooms to rent though. But gained a much better pool and lakeside dining.

Both the bungalows and cabins may not be what they want, but I think less relevant to a lot of DVC owners if it gets them the additions and changes.

BLT maybe a bit less, but I assume many more rooms than the garden wing to put pressure on CR amenities.

GF typical guests probably not happy DVC moved in either, but most DVC owners love that option and having it in the portfolio, if even just for resale impact.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts