I know this will ispure imotions...

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
But.. Is DVD doing architecture on the cheap??
I hate to say it but the last three DVC buildings are rather ugly.
As much as I love(d) the Poly, those 900 overwater cabanas are, well, an eyesore.
The Grand Floridian DOES NOT MATCH the rest of the resort. It's a big square box, while the rest of the resort is filled with flowing lines and many points.
Bay Lake?? 'Nuff said.
Don't get me wrong, I love all these resorts. It's just I feel Members are getting a bit cheated.

Now I understand that these resorts are top quality inside, I'm just talking about the ugly butt structure.

ETA: Sorry for the title typo. Not sure how to fix it.

MG

Last edited:
Reason I ask really is im curious how much they will go el cheepo on the Caribbean Beach if that rumor pans out.

Truly few (no?) DVC rooms are built to their deluxe hotel counterparts.
I realized that as soon as I slid the porch slider at VWL.

MG

I think most of Disney hotels are square or rectangle some just hidden better... some of the deluxe resorts are exceptions but I agree when they attached DVC to them the square is more apparent.. I also do not think it would make sense for DVD to build them on the cheap being the owners or buyers foot the bill and after x amount of years Disney owns them again or sells a contract extension. As far as BLT is concerned in this age of smartphones search Melrose place theme song, hit pay, open door... only then will you see the beauty of the building.

Now I understand that these resorts are top quality inside, I'm just talking about the ugly butt structure.

ETA: Sorry for the title typo. Not sure how to fix it.

MG

The long straight line of Bungalows along the cost saving single dock access isn't visually appealing? Not an organic design? But it won awards!

And now we get long straight lines of cabins at CCV.

Friends don't let friends post drunk.
The long straight line of Bungalows along the cost saving single dock access isn't visually appealing? Not an organic design? But it won awards!

And now we get long straight lines of cabins at CCV.
lol!! Exactly.
IMO they took one of the most asthetically pleasing resorts on the planet and wrecked it (with the help of a few other mods at the Poly).

And bungalows.. thanks. I was groping for that word but it came out cabanas.

MG

You know, it's not only about pleasing architecture at the existing resorts.

What about some new imagineering, or has that gone the way of the dodo??

I'm thinking a resort, and it can be large and expansive because it would fit its theme, of "Colonial Williamsburg". You could have an entire village with a town square!!!

Truly I believe DVC (Disney in general) has given up on all the great possibilities.

Please Disney, prove me wrong!!!

MG

IMO the new resorts still are attractive and well done, it's the rooms especially when refurbed that is lacking. Disney considers the refurbished room to be behind the curtain so no reason to put any money or theming there.

:earsboy: Bill

IMO the new resorts still are attractive and well done, it's the rooms especially when refurbed that is lacking. Disney considers the refurbished room to be behind the curtain so no reason to put any money or theming there.

Do you think the GFV "box" is exemplary of the best design?
You think the mess of the bungalows at the Poly are nice? The monstrosity not at the Contemporary??

I think DVD has let us down. Yes, US.
Although I'm no longer DVC, I still need to look at this mess as part of my Disney experience.
Everything is being sacrificed to save a buck.

MG

But it's NOT Disney's money going to the refurb of the units, it's the owners dues.
Now, HAVE to reply to that one.... No, it's not the dues of the CURRENT Bolder Ridge folks.... It's the NEW owners of the NEW WL DVC offering....

This is why we have DVC CONTRACTS - with a PROPERTY DESCRIPTION. Not in my property description? Not my Monkey, not my Circus.

Now, HAVE to reply to that one.... No, it's not the dues of the CURRENT Bolder Ridge folks.... It's the NEW owners of the NEW WL DVC offering....

This is why we have DVC CONTRACTS - with a PROPERTY DESCRIPTION. Not in my property description? Not my Monkey, not my Circus.

??????

You think the mess of the bungalows at the Poly are nice? The monstrosity not at the Contemporary??

Although I'm no longer DVC, I still need to look at this mess as part of my Disney experience.

MG
I think the Bungalows are find from a location and appearance standpoint, just overpriced. I think VGF and BLT are very reasonable structures. But if you feel that way you certainly shouldn't own.

The owners right and recourse are spelled out in the POS. As DVC owners we gave up the ability to have a say other than to buy or sell or simply complain. The contracts give them free reign on the items in discussion and where it doesn't, it's only the owners at a given resort that have direct input. Contrary to what some think, we don't own the "club" we own at given timeshares resorts and are sometimes able to exchange to others timeshare resorts in the DVC system.

I think the Bungalows are find from a location and appearance standpoint, just overpriced. I think VGF and BLT are very reasonable structures. But if you feel that way you certainly shouldn't own.

The owners right and recourse are spelled out in the POS. As DVC owners we gave up the ability to have a say other than to buy or sell or simply complain. The contracts give them free reign on the items in discussion and where it doesn't, it's only the owners at a given resort that have direct input. Contrary to what some think, we don't own the "club" we own at given timeshares resorts and are sometimes able to exchange to others timeshare resorts in the DVC system.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But this beholder thinks they are fugly.

MG

MG

I think VGF works, wish that it had better views, happy that they put money into the furnishings, appliances, and decorating to bring it up to GF standards. Wish that water front buildings didn't ruin the views for others but it is what it is, I don't have to stay there. BLT, we own there but don't really care for the place, wait until they build the next tower!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!