I just left the studio where Mary Poppins was recorded

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
This morning I interviewed ten-time Grammy-winner Joe Chiccarelli, who's a producer and engineer. He's worked with a cross-section of amazing artists including Morrissey, Tori Amos and Alanis Morissette. This was in Studio One at the legendary Sunset Sound, at which many iconic records have been made, including "Van Halen," The Stones' "Exile on Main St." and Prince's "Purple Rain." Notably for Disney fans, the soundtrack for the original Mary Poppins was also recorded exactly where I stood.

Joe recently completed work with Morrissey on a covers record, which is planned for release next month.

Sunset Sound3.jpg

Sunset Sound5.jpg

Sunset Sound8.jpg

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards recorded vocals in this room. Indeed, it hasn't changed much :-).
Sunset Sound10 - Mick and Keith.jpg

Last edited:
What a special experience! I just bought the original Mary Poppins soundtrack on vinyl. Can you believe it was still wrapped in plastic and had never been played :O

Isn’t one of the Sherman Brothers alive yet?
Pretty cool, glad you enjoyed your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter