• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just have to vent my stress

And getting off the ship too. I heard the podcast for the Dis this week and I believe Pete said that 25% of the people doing back to back cruises on the Wish recently....couldn't board the second cruise as they tested positive...coming off the ship.
Covid is rampant on the fantasy right now. And from reading posts from people on the ship, it seems the medical staff isn’t insisting on covid tests for people exhibiting covid symptoms. You have to ask for one. Seems like maybe they have just accepted the fact that they aren’t keeping covid off the ship and just rolling with it.

Covid is rampant on the fantasy right now. And from reading posts from people on the ship, it seems the medical staff isn’t insisting on covid tests for people exhibiting covid symptoms. You have to ask for one. Seems like maybe they have just accepted the fact that they aren’t keeping covid off the ship and just rolling with it.
I’d say you are right

Yeah, sounds like they're just letting it rip. And honestly...I get it, it's too transmissible. But, it can definitely screw up a vacation. I can't imagine us at even the pool at the resort we stayed at in Mexico with the hacking cough we both had. Heads certainly would have turned....and it would have been gross to even be around us...lol. I'm still testing positive....11 days after my first symptom day. So technically I'm on day 10 as the first day is day "0". One thing that I've developed in the last two days is a low level tinnitus. I know it's one of the symptoms of long covid...haven't been to the doc yet about this, but I'm hoping it fades. It's also a reminder of all that we don't know about his virus. I don't want to be subjected to it again and again, that's for sure.

Thanks for all the encouragement. We are going to live and let live. I will wear a mask on the plane but my husband will not. My oldest daughter is in a wedding today so whatever is going to happen will happen. I have our tests scheduled for the 2nd so what will be will be. Everyone have a tremendous weekend.

I caught covid at the key west airport in May. My symptoms started on a Monday. I did not test positive on an antigen test until Wednesday night and I was very sick all 3 days. The antigen tests are just not as good as the PCR tests they used to use. Lots of covid getting on the ship.
Yeah, those antigen tests are not the best. We have free PCR tests in our area so I'll be testing with a PCR test before I go on my Alaskan cruise next month.

Yeah, sounds like they're just letting it rip. And honestly...I get it, it's too transmissible. But, it can definitely screw up a vacation. I can't imagine us at even the pool at the resort we stayed at in Mexico with the hacking cough we both had. Heads certainly would have turned....and it would have been gross to even be around us...lol. I'm still testing positive....11 days after my first symptom day. So technically I'm on day 10 as the first day is day "0". One thing that I've developed in the last two days is a low level tinnitus. I know it's one of the symptoms of long covid...haven't been to the doc yet about this, but I'm hoping it fades. It's also a reminder of all that we don't know about his virus. I don't want to be subjected to it again and again, that's for sure.

Ugh! I have Long Covid tinnitus. I saw an ENT and he said it was from nerve damage and it will never go away :(. Call your doctor about it because it may just be a symptom of an ear infection. My doctor ordinally had me take Flonase and use a neti pot when my ear pain and tinnitus started.

Ugh! I have Long Covid tinnitus. I saw an ENT and he said it was from nerve damage and it will never go away :(. Call your doctor about it because it may just be a symptom of an ear infection. My doctor ordinally had me take Flonase and use a neti pot when my ear pain and tinnitus started.

Oh boy....that's not great news. Thanks for sharing. I'll call my doc on Monday.

Check your b12 levels. A lot of the long Covid symptoms are not unlike those suffered when one has pernicious anemia/b12 deficiency.

All the best to you Robin.

Right now WDW is Covid-soup. We were just there, no one wearing masks even when they are coughing up a lung, and we had a woman spit into a bush right in front of us after a coughing fit, gross! We left when my niece tested positive. I wouldn't go to WDW before the cruise - you are just asking for trouble!

I hope everything works out well for you :wizard: and you have a great trip:sail:

We are back from our Disney Cruise Trip. We all tested negative 2 times before boarding the ship. We were only required to test 48 hours before boarding but we all tested 24 hours ahead as well. We had a great time but 5 out of the 6 of us in my family tested positive upon returning home yesterday. My younger daughter had cold symptoms and was scheduled to work today so she tested first and the rest of us tested as well. The only one in my immediate group who is negative is my son in Philadelphia. We all had mild cold symptoms and if my daughter did not test we would not have bothered as well. No one was wearing masks in the airports, on the planes, in the stores, in disney or on on the boat. I don't regret anything we had a fabulous time with friends. Just wanted to update anyone who cared at all.

Check your b12 levels. A lot of the long Covid symptoms are not unlike those suffered when one has pernicious anemia/b12 deficiency.

All the best to you Robin.
Yes, I was going to say the same. My husband had long covid for a year. Then he started taking high doses of niacin (a B vitamin) and it's helped a lot.

If it's spreading all over the ship despite most everyone being vaccinated and testing negative before the trip, what is the point in requiring all of that? It obviously doesn't prevent people from catching or spreading the virus. Any news on when Disney will get rid of those pre-boarding requirements? I saw that Norwegian is dropping them.

If it's spreading all over the ship despite most everyone being vaccinated and testing negative before the trip, what is the point in requiring all of that? It obviously doesn't prevent people from catching or spreading the virus. Any news on when Disney will get rid of those pre-boarding requirements? I saw that Norwegian is dropping them.
There's a lot of threads discussing exactly that on the Royal boards on Cruise Critic. The "pro" argument for testing says that the cruise lines is keeping SOME covid cases off the ship, and the fewer cases you have, the less of an outbreak you should get. I'm not sure I buy that logic, but that's what's put out there (by other cruisers).

I think Royal is starting to back away from testing (based on CC threads).

We had a group of six on a Royal cruise a couple weeks ago. I came down with Covid five days after we disembarked. DD was the only other one who tested (negative). No one else even had symptoms.

My son volunteers for a week every summer at a summer camp. He came back with Covid, as did one of his friends. I can’t imagine how many people probably had it. They all sing and dance together in the evening programs, a lot like on a cruise. There were no testing requirements to go, although the kids are checked for lice. 😏

He had a mild case as well. We could have written it off to a cold which I think a lot of people are doing. That’s why it’s spreading like crazy. As it is, he missed a few days work and my plans got screwed up. But he’s over it now and it’s behind us.

I hope you all recover quickly. Thanks for the update.

We are back from our Disney Cruise Trip. We all tested negative 2 times before boarding the ship. We were only required to test 48 hours before boarding but we all tested 24 hours ahead as well. We had a great time but 5 out of the 6 of us in my family tested positive upon returning home yesterday. My younger daughter had cold symptoms and was scheduled to work today so she tested first and the rest of us tested as well. The only one in my immediate group who is negative is my son in Philadelphia. We all had mild cold symptoms and if my daughter did not test we would not have bothered as well. No one was wearing masks in the airports, on the planes, in the stores, in disney or on on the boat. I don't regret anything we had a fabulous time with friends. Just wanted to update anyone who cared at all.
Bet you got it at MK beforehand - it takes a while for the virus load to be high enough to test positive, so that's why you got cleared to be on the ship. Glad you are all feeling okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter