I Just Booked Free Dining

jennifer293 said:
I have a question to those of you with school age children.

Do you not have a problem taking the kids out of school (for those of you going during school)? I don't mean this in a bad parenting way I mean it as does the school allow this as an excused absence?

My dd4 will start Kindergarten in August and I wondered what I would even say to them if we went during the school year.

Advice???? My parents never took us anywhere just for this reason,,, :guilty:

Thanks

During our trip in October, my son will miss two days of school. He will be in the 9th grade. I really do not like to pull him out of school for vacations. I'm doing it this year because we have two weeks in a row when our schools are only open for three days. ( 2 Jewish holidays and Columbus Day) So we'll get to take a trip during the slow season, do MNSSHP,celebrate his 14th birthday, and he'll only miss two days of school.

I would love to stay for a full week, but I just can't bring myself to do it, school is just too important.

Since your daughter will be in kindergarten, I say go and have a great time. :cheer2: The older she gets, the harder it will be to pull her out.

For some of us, we don't begin school until after Labor day, so late August works great. I am going Sept 30-Oct 5. Kids have no school Oct 3/4 for Jewish Holidays, so kids will miss only one day, Oct 2nd........ and we get to see Not so scary, and Food and Wine. AND EAT FREE, lol. I am very happy!

Yeah Ok, so we just went in middle May so now how do I convince Dh to go agan so soon.

If it were up to me I would live there. Maybe if we can't go they might offer something cool again or maybe I will be lucky and get a PIN....**WISHING**

To all of you who are getting to go have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!

I booked also, but can I use the dining plan @ MGM in combination w/ Fantasmic dinner?

shrmn8r said:
I booked also, but can I use the dining plan @ MGM in combination w/ Fantasmic dinner?

Officially no, but many here have reported being able to do so. I guess just go if it is important to you and be prepared to pay, but hope for the best :)

Just a suggestion to save $$$$ on the park hopping option.......

I booked the Free Dining package for 5nights/6days. Adding on a 10 base ticket was actually $64 less than a 6 day base with park hopping .

An option that might work for some............

Helene

Helene said:
Just a suggestion to save $$$$ on the park hopping option.......

I booked the Free Dining package for 5nights/6days. Adding on a 10 base ticket was actually $64 less than a 6 day base with park hopping .

An option that might work for some............

Helene

But if you want to park hop that won't help you.

If you buy park passes without the hopping option, you can on use them to enter one park per day.

jennifer293 said:
I have a question to those of you with school age children.

Do you not have a problem taking the kids out of school (for those of you going during school)? I don't mean this in a bad parenting way I mean it as does the school allow this as an excused absence?

My dd4 will start Kindergarten in August and I wondered what I would even say to them if we went during the school year.

Advice???? My parents never took us anywhere just for this reason,,, :guilty:

Thanks

My son will start kindergarten this August. I have no problem taking him out for a few days.

Wow, thanks for posting that code. I just called and had them apply it to my ressie and saved a bundle! :cheer2: :banana: :love: :cool1:

disneyjunkie said:
But if you want to park hop that won't help you.

If you buy park passes without the hopping option, you can on use them to enter one park per day.

I assumed if I, for example, went to MK in the a.m. and to MGM in the evening I would simply use 2 days up on the passes.

I've never visited more than 2 parks in one day. I thought I would "burn" my extra days as mentioned above.

Does anyone know if this is not allowed??????

Helene said:
I assumed if I, for example, went to MK in the a.m. and to MGM in the evening I would simply use 2 days up on the passes.

I've never visited more than 2 parks in one day. I thought I would "burn" my extra days as mentioned above.

Does anyone know if this is not allowed??????

They won't allow you to do that. The pass won't work when you try to enter MGM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter