I hope this is the correct thread..

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Krista G, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Krista G

Krista G Earning My Ears

Last fall my husband, 2 children (12 & 15) decided to take our first trip to WDW.

Long story short, the trip was decided after I lost my grandma (02/25/2017), followed by my 30 yr old sister to liver failure (05/29/2017), then lost my 26 year old sister as well as 2 yr old nephew to a murder suicide (06/11/2017), then the finale of losing my 25 yr old sister (& last sibling... side note-our mother passed in 2002) to an accidental fentanyl over dose (11/14/2017). We have never been to WDW nor have my siblings. We have received all their cremains and are wondering if anyone knows or has any thoughts about discretely sprinkling (not spreading, we have many more places we need to save ashes for) a tiny amount of them each. Are there any rules against this?

Also, I know I am asking a lot, but would it be weird to find printable epcot passports for my siblings and nephew and have them stamped to add to their In Memory Of books I have created? Like would it be inappropriate for me to have the WDW staff stamp an additional 4 passports? I really dont want to make them go out of their way.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced or possibly free printable passports? I have been trying to make some but ... I am not all that great at digi scrap yet although I LOVE it. We are absolutely willing to pay for cute digi ones (The official disney ones arent that cute).

So if you made it this far....
    1-Opion on sprinkling ashes?
    2-Opinion on asking stamp extra passports?
    3-Where can I find cute ones? Will pay. (I know I seen this site in google searches but it always takes me to unrelated info)

If you have any information or questions (including proof) please email me at kgeorge84 at gmail dot com

2. Meglen

Meglen Mouseketeer

Where did you want to sprinkle the ashes? I know it is not ok to do this anywhere on WDW property.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Krista G

Krista G Earning My Ears

Literally anywhere in the Orlando area and by sprinkling I mean approximately or even less than 1/4 a tsp. None of them were ever able to make it to WDW but we always talked about it as children so I kinda want to be the big sis that finally took them there. I could honestly sprinkle them while walking and no one would know but I dont want to offend other Disney patrons. I know it sounds so.... awkward and possibly morbid to some, and I apologize if I offend anyone.

5. Meglen

Meglen Mouseketeer

What if you made some necklaces with the ashes and bring them along? This way they can visit without you worrying about losing the ashes.

6. supernova

supernova DIS Veteran

I don't think you're going to offend other patrons by sprinkling ashes. Just don't be obvious when you're doing it. Carry in a small amount in a non-metallic container and spread where you feel is appropriate without making a scene.

Krista G likes this.
  7. hakunamomtata

hakunamomtata Disnerd Extraordinaire

Spread their ashes in a garden or by a specific tree. That way you can visit them when you go back, and the life that is blooming there will have a part of them within it. So sorry for your losses. xoxo

bamagoofy and Krista G like this.