I have REALLY screwed up!! Please give me advice!!!

I would try to get into Akershus by calling 48 hours before since that is when most people cancel so they don't have to lose the deposit. Have a backup, but that what I would do. Good Luck!

These are really big helps!!

Yes, at this point I have thrown the whole princess thing out the window, and I am just looking for anything that would be fun. So I will try some of these things, and if you have any other ideas PLEASE keep them coming. I am so grateful!!

The Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge would be fun for the kids...no princesses, but the waitstaff is quite silly. The kids would get a kick out of it.

Did you try Akershus at Epcot (Norway). They have a Princess Breakfast and Lunch..possibly dinner (cant remember at the moment).

I would still keep trying 1900PF. You may have to wait, but you can certainly try to walk up to 1900 PF. Maybe another Mom could try the walk up while you watch the kids at the pool.

Crystal Palace has Winnie and friends (may be too babyish for the kids).

Bibbity Bobbity Boutique is great. Girls can get their hair done and dress in princess clothes.

Go to any restaurant and order a special birthday cake (from bakery all decorated) for your daughter. Try to time the restaurant right to see Illuminations / Wishes night displays/fireworks after dinner.

Mickeys Backyard BBQ is fun. Outdoors at Picnic tables. BBQ food (burgers/dogs/ribs/chicken) with a live band, country line dancing lead by Mickey and Co...everyone who goes is asked to go up on the floor and join in. They have special dances/songs for the anyone celebrating a birthday. Now that I think of it..this would be really fun for the kids!!

I second the afternoon tea at GF. Not the one with Sleeping Beauty, but the one in the Grandview Lounge. It's not on the dining plan so could have openings. When I was 8, I would have thought this was the height of elegance. :-) (Heck, I am 30 years older and still think that!) You could order a cake from the GF Bakery to be delivered there too to add to the celebration,

http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

Otherwise, call for Akershus or 1900 PF or wherever else you'd like everyday. A cancellation is always possible. Good luck!

I am totally going to do this!!!

I love ALL your ideas. Right now here is my tentative plan:
We are staying at the DVC resort Saratoga Springs. We are having a pool lazy day, and that evening probably going to downtown disney to walk around and show our nails/hairdos/glitter off.

Whoa! You're staying at Saratoga Springs!

Do you know the spa has an entire menu designed for girls 4-12 to pamper them? Very unusual for a top-rated spa to offer extensive programs for girls. There's even a mommy and me spa day option.

http://www.relaxedyet.com/

Call the spa and set something up!! They really make them feel like princesses and I'm sure they'll do it up grand for a birthday girl!

Oh my gosh, I am loving all the wonderful ideas everyone has offered! Sounds like the OP has a plan, but one thing not mentioned, I don't think, was the movie at Fort Wilderness. It's outdoors under the stars, and for $5 you can get a s'mores kit and roast them on the fire. There is also a singalong and characters. Other than the s'mores, it's completely free!

Oh my gosh, I am loving all the wonderful ideas everyone has offered! Sounds like the OP has a plan, but one thing not mentioned, I don't think, was the movie at Fort Wilderness. It's outdoors under the stars, and for $5 you can get a s'mores kit and roast them on the fire. There is also a singalong and characters. Other than the s'mores, it's completely free!

Ooh...that's a good one.

For something 'girly' the GF afternoon tea would be perfect, I think. So I second (or third) that suggestion. I would have LOVED that as a little girl. It would give them the opportunity to dress up, plus as a bonus it's less expensive than dinner. If you wanted to order a birthday cake the GF Bakery makes lovely ones. :goodvibes

If you opt for Beaches and Cream... does the Boardwalk still have face painting? I know they used to. That could be fun. Get the girls' faces painted, dinner at Beaches and Cream with a Kitchen Sink, and hang out on the Boardwalk for a while.

:goodvibes

I second the afternoon tea at GF. Not the one with Sleeping Beauty, but the one in the Grandview Lounge. It's not on the dining plan so could have openings. When I was 8, I would have thought this was the height of elegance. :-) (Heck, I am 30 years older and still think that!) You could order a cake from the GF Bakery to be delivered there too to add to the celebration,

http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

Otherwise, call for Akershus or 1900 PF or wherever else you'd like everyday. A cancellation is always possible. Good luck!

jenjersnap,

does this tea party take reservations or do you just show up? The little kids pb and j looks so cute...

Have you checked on the Wonderland Tea Party?

It is held Mon & Wed at the Grand Floridian in the afternoon, I think. It is less than $30 per child and includes lunch.

How about an ADR at The Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

You could still dress up in the princess gear and the girls would feel regal dining at the Grand Floridian. Just going down the stairs, my daughter feels like Cinderella.

Good luck.

jenjersnap,

does this tea party take reservations or do you just show up? The little kids pb and j looks so cute...

I'd call and make a reservation just to be certain that when you get there space will be available. I'd also suggest getting to 1900 Park Fair at like 4:15 and being the first at the podium to ask for seating. That early they may be able to accomadate a walk up--just make no promises to the kids you will not be able to keep--perhaps have them sit in the regular lobby while you walk up and check--also check via phone daily you might get lucky.

jenjersnap,

Oh, you'll definitely need to reserve in advance! And, if you were interested in a cake, it requires at least 48 hours advance notice (you call GF's private dining to arrange it)

A few ideas...

Outdoors theme- go to Ft. Wilderness and let the kids play on the playground by the beach! Plan a surprise hayride (they are pretty cheap...for Disney, anyways!) and make do the movie and sing along with Chip and Dale. Maybe even watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach!

Girly theme- get all of the girls bears or have them bring bears/ dolls, bring little dresses, shirts, hats, etc. from the craft store with beads, sequins, ribbon, and have the girls decorate their dolls dresses for tea! Or, you could have the girls decorate hats to wear to tea! Do tea at the Grand Floridian. Maybe even get a GFportrait session- I don't think they are too expensive! The girls would feel like little models! Stick around on the beach so you can see fireworks at MK!

Beachy theme- consider a water park? it prob. won't be much more than a character meal. You will have NO problem keeping the girls entertained! Or, get some fun food and spend a day by the pool. Maybe go to the Poly and rent some water sprites...sooo fun!

Other ideas-

Do Beaches and Cream at the Boardwalk, rent the surrey bikes, tour the boardwalk resort. watch epcot fireworks!

get "glammed" up and do Downtown Disney! Have the girls make matching shirts and take pics everywhere! Do a fun dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express, Earl of Sandwich, or in your room...or McDonalds! Do Ghiradellis or have the girls make their own rice krispy treat, brownie, or pretzel rods! Save them for the "slumber party" later. Give each girl $10 and let them go crazy in the girls section of World of Disney. Bring a video camera and have them do a fashion or talent show in the room later! Or, see a movie!

Just some ideas....I teach elementary school, can you tell?:rotfl: I bet if you get creative, you can do something amazing!!!

go to Downtown Disney, take the boat to Port Orleans-Riverside and take a carriage ride (maybe $30 or so). Afterwards, take the boat back.

You will need to make a reservation.

Did you check availability at the Grand Floridian Cafe? It is usually pretty easy to get in there and it is really beautiful. It would be a perfect place to have a meal with girls dressed in their princess outfits. When I was there last summer, there was a little girl's birthday party going on - it was at lunch time.

We live about an hour and a half away from Disney and I made reservations through DVC for my daughters birthday the 21st through the 23rd (next week). We planned on having just a couple little girls and their moms that we are close to come with us, we were going to swim, etc, but for her actual birthday dinner we were hoping to eat at 1900 park fare, wear princess dresses, and see Cinderella, etc. Well, I am sooo embarrassed to admit my stupidity, but I completely forgot to make a dinner reservation. Completely and totally forgot. I called this afternoon and they have nothing available for our whole stay. Nothing. He checked Chef Mickeys also, and I think another place, and nothing.

I am hoping that one of you creative people has some sort of idea of some way I can salvage this. She is going to be eight, if that helps at all. I just am at a total loss, and so disappointed in myself....I have no one to blame but myself for such a dumb mistake. If you have any ideas at all, someway we can do something special outside of the parks, I would be very grateful. :confused:

In my opinon.
What I would do if you really want to got to 1900 park fare and they open at 5. I would be there by 4:15 in line ready to give your name when they get there. They do take walk up's. I have done this before. It's a risk but I think you will get in. I have done this with Chef Mickey's numerous times. I am a family of 7 but would go with my bro & family & our parents so that's a total of 14. Good luck!

Have you checked the DIS threads re: people trading/cancelling ADRs? Maybe someone has what you're looking for.

There is also the photo shoot that can be added on to the photopass. That would add to the glitzy superstar package.

Adults will not be permitted to wear costumes into the parks unless it's one of those hard ticket parties.

It came up on the thread although I can't remember where it was suggested that adults could wear costumes. Children can wear them, though.

Adults will not be permitted to wear costumes into the parks unless it's one of those hard ticket parties.

It came up on the thread although I can't remember where it was suggested that adults could wear costumes. Children can wear them, though.

I don't think the OP said that the adults were going to wear costumes.......just the children........but that is just my info gathered from her post. ALTHOUGH, it is good info to share for those that are not aware of the policy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter