I Hate Thieves

I live in North Idaho, about 20 minutes away from Spokane. Just this month, while parents were lined up outside of Freeman High School desperately waiting to find out if their children were ok after a gunman shot several students, killing one, two women went through all the parents cars, stole credit cards, and wracked up a ton of fraudulent charges. They caught them, and when the one woman was told by the judge they were moving forward with her charges, she started to cry. Makes my stomach churn at the evilness of some people. I mean, I too HATE thieves, there is something about taking something that does not belong to you, that just makes me so mad... but this was a whole 'nother level of evil. :furious:

Sadly if you watch the news out of Spokane you can see that there are plenty of people who are willing to take advantage of others. We lived on the Palouse for 10 years and saw this happening more frequently.

About 15 years ago while DH and I still lived in CA someone broke into our new car and stole the stereo that we just had installed a week earlier. We'd only had the car two weeks. A year later we received a phone call form the police department inquiring about the office that handled our case. Turns out he was in on a string of other burglaries in the area. Never did get our stereo or Blink 182 CD back. The reporting officer did give us a tip that our Mazda had a trigger on the underside that when touched would unlock the locks. Which explains why there were no slim Jim or crowbar marks.

My brother had has truck broken into while parked at our place. Took his training gear that he wore while in the fire academy as well as his huge CD collection.

I live in North Idaho, about 20 minutes away from Spokane. Just this month, while parents were lined up outside of Freeman High School desperately waiting to find out if their children were ok after a gunman shot several students, killing one, two women went through all the parents cars, stole credit cards, and wracked up a ton of fraudulent charges. They caught them, and when the one woman was told by the judge they were moving forward with her charges, she started to cry. Makes my stomach churn at the evilness of some people. I mean, I too HATE thieves, there is something about taking something that does not belong to you, that just makes me so mad... but this was a whole 'nother level of evil. :furious:

I remember hearing about this and was sickened that someone would do this. Thanks for this update. Glad they found them and I hope they get the max.

I have had change stolen out of my car a couple of times but the best one was when someone stole a bible out of my backseat. :cool:

Sadly if you watch the news out of Spokane you can see that there are plenty of people who are willing to take advantage of others. We lived on the Palouse for 10 years and saw this happening more frequently.

Yes, it's getting worse and worse. :( I moved here in 1998 and it used to be the sort of town where if your car broke down, you could go to the nearest gas station, borrow their tools, and return it once your vehicle was fixed. For ten years we never even locked our front door. Now not only do I make sure all my doors and windows are locked, I have an alarm installed as well. So sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter