I Hate Thieves

Disneybuckeye

DIS Veteran
DH was moving cars around last night and left mine in front of our house. No biggie and I could care less normally. Unfortunately he must have forgot to lock the doors. When I got in my car to go to work this morning all the items from by center console were strewn across the front seats. The first thing I noticed was my Tory Burch sunglass case was gone.

Yes, he should have locked the door, but that still does not give anyone license to just take my stuff that I worked hard to afford to purchase. I will never understand taking something that does not belong to you. It also was not like I left them sitting out.

On the funny side, my Tory Burch sunglasses were actually in the overhead holder as I wore them out with girlfriends the other night and had not put them back yet. My cheap J Crew sunglasses that I wear to football games and out on the boat were in that case. They also missed my Prada sunglass in the glove box (yes, I like sunglasses, we all have a vice). I guess Karma is a B, but I really liked that case.

Luckily they left the jet ski keys that were in there from the service last weekend and all the adult beverages in the back that I picked up to take to our lake house this weekend.

Guess I will have to plan another trip to LA to go to the Tory Burch store to beg for another sunglasses case.

It seems car break ins are getting wose. Luckily they didnt steal more stuff or steal your car.

We have that happening all the time- around here though they really only take any money/change that is in your car since they are just looking for a quick way to buy some heroin. The police actually hang posters up around that say "Lock it or Lose it"

Every so often we get a notice to remember to lock our cars in our subdivision.
Most of the time it is groups of teens looking for unlocked cars and they take stuff. I had a GPS stolen along with a few neighbors one time.
It sucks, but lesson learned for me, I don't leave anything in my car I'm not willing to lose. I wish everyone in the world was good, but that just isn't the case.

Not saying you shouldn't lock your car, but locking it will only deter the teenagers and morons looking for a few bucks. If someone who knows what they're doing wants something in your car, they're going to get it whether you lock it or not. Honestly, I very rarely lock mine. There's nothing of any value in it. Nothing.

That happened to my husband about 10 years ago and they took his prescription sunglasses. So, my husband's vision is really bad and his sunglasses cost close to 600 bucks. We had to replaced them obviously, but meanwhile what is a thief going to do with prescription sunglasses unless they happen to be having his same prescription level.....rrrrrr.
About a month ago, my parent's neighbor saw a teenager in broad daylight tugging on door handles on their street (presumably to see if they were locked or not). She called the police.

Crime has become really bad here lately as thieves are becoming more brazen and far more violent. Every week there are stories of car jackings and violent house burglaries.

Just today my mum was assaulted at work by a shoplifter. She noticed him smuggling probably hundreds of dollars of merchandise into his jacket so kept an eye on him while another staff member got the (male) owner. When he started to head out the door she yelled for him to stop, expecting he'd drop the goods and run, but instead he turned around and pushed her into a wall. She's got a nasty bump on her head and quite a few bruises.

Her boss caught up to the guy and demanded the stock back, but he refused and then his getaway car pulled up, having been called by the guy's accomplice - the little old lady who helped my mum up and acted appalled by his actions and pretended to call the police! She then took of with more merchandise, although they did recover most of it.

We have that happening all the time- around here though they really only take any money/change that is in your car since they are just looking for a quick way to buy some heroin. The police actually hang posters up around that say "Lock it or Lose it"

They definitely did not find any money.

Your neighbors were taken too? Did they ever get returned? :rotfl2:

I also have a few neighbors they can have too.

Last year someone stole my husband's motorcycle. They legit got into our garage and just carried it away and put it in the back of a truck (we are assuming) in the middle of the day. It had to be more than one person because the steering was locked and there were no drag marks. Surprisingly, we got a call 9 months later that they found it a few hours away during a drug raid. But, we have a new motorcycle with a super loud alarm now that goes off whenever it's moved without the Keyfob. It was kind of weird though to open the garage when I got home from work and nothing looked abnormal besides the missing motorcycle.

DS had his Oakley sunglasses stolen out of his car, parked in front of his apartment. He left one of his doors unlocked. Expensive lesson.

My neighbor across the street just leaves his cars unlocked and nothing in them. I can understand, they pried the key slot out of my truck to get in my truck.

My mom one time was surprised once when someone broke into her car and they rifled through her CDs but didn't take a single one of them. She was offended!

I never leave anything of value in my car. Even back when I used CDs I made copies to keep in the car.

I never used to lock my car doors. But then maybe ten years ago had the same thing happen in my driveway. Just little stuff like inexpensive sunglasses and a small maglight were taken. but you did feel like you were badly wronged. Around here it was a group of kids, we have a school near us, and were just crimes of opportunity, unlocked car doors were all they ever targeted. But I have locked my doors ever since, and still get a little annoyed that I feel I have to!

Not saying you shouldn't lock your car, but locking it will only deter the teenagers and morons looking for a few bucks. If someone who knows what they're doing wants something in your car, they're going to get it whether you lock it or not. Honestly, I very rarely lock mine. There's nothing of any value in it. Nothing.

I'm the same. I keep my doors unlocked and windows down most of the time. I have absolutely nothing of value in my car or my trunk- no GPS, no money, no sunglasses...nothing. If they want my flashlight and car manual in the glovebox, have at it. My car also requires a fob to start, so they won't be taking it for a spin either.

Every now after a snowfall I see footprints between houses going to every car door in the driveway, then down the street and up to the door of every single car parked on the street.

We park outside (very old house with small detached one car garage) and learned a long time ago to lock the doors. Every. Single. Time.

Back in college, somebody busted SO's car's window to steal an aux cable. AN AUX CABLE, worth maybe $5 new, which it was not.

A year or so ago, somebody broke the back windshield to steal this huge heavy subwoofer (it was covered, out of sight). Granted the sound system was fantastic, but it was old, and probably worth maybe $60 at most. After that he always kept the doors of that car unlocked, so if anyone wanted to take dirty engine rags or a jug of windshield wiper fluid they could have at it without breaking the windows.

Both times, of course, the hassle and cost of fixing windows was of greater value than the items taken.

DH was moving cars around last night and left mine in front of our house. No biggie and I could care less normally. Unfortunately he must have forgot to lock the doors. When I got in my car to go to work this morning all the items from by center console were strewn across the front seats. The first thing I noticed was my Tory Burch sunglass case was gone.

Yes, he should have locked the door, but that still does not give anyone license to just take my stuff that I worked hard to afford to purchase. I will never understand taking something that does not belong to you. It also was not like I left them sitting out.

On the funny side, my Tory Burch sunglasses were actually in the overhead holder as I wore them out with girlfriends the other night and had not put them back yet. My cheap J Crew sunglasses that I wear to football games and out on the boat were in that case. They also missed my Prada sunglass in the glove box (yes, I like sunglasses, we all have a vice). I guess Karma is a B, but I really liked that case.

Luckily they left the jet ski keys that were in there from the service last weekend and all the adult beverages in the back that I picked up to take to our lake house this weekend.

Guess I will have to plan another trip to LA to go to the Tory Burch store to beg for another sunglasses case.

Sorry for your loss, but I really posted to compliment your avatar! GO BUCKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter