I GOT Sizzix...funny story though

pattyT

DIS Veteran
My DH made me go with him to Home Depot while my MIL watched the kids (he needs me to help carry and lift big stuff) and I said only if I can stop at Michaels cuz I can't waste this 50% off coupon - and oh since I have you I can use 2 (my mil's). He TRIED to convince me that I was not saving money - that I should keep my 50% in the bank.
So then he tried to get me to forget to go - but I didn't.
So as we walked in the store - the sizzix display is right in fron of the registers and I said "oh that is the die-cut machine I am always talking about - but I won't spen that - it's way to much" I started to walk towards the black cardstock I needed and he started asking question about the sizzix...
then he said...
If we can leave this store now - you can get the machine and the letters! WAHOOO I sold out - left the store with em!
The ladies face dropped when she rrang up the letters and saw $75 off!
So I went back today and got another die (I can use for a swap I am in!) with the 40% off coupon and the cardstock I originally went in for! :)

PattyT

All right Patty! What a cool hubby! I thought about getting the letters with the 50% off coupon, but I just got a die instead. But how cool to see the $75 off on the register!! That is a good deal! I'm going back today to get another die with the 40% coupon....isn't it fun! I have a good time going thru my catalog deciding which die to get next. My best friend came over yesterday and I showed her the Sizzix and my dies and she was sooo excited- she's coming over Sunday to crop and cut out as many "jungle leaves" as she can.

Oh Patty that is priceless! Like DH thinks you LIKE the Home Depot routine. :rolleyes:

How is the new camera doing? I picked up a magazine at Barnes & Noble this weekend called "The Big Book of Photography". Not very thick but LOADED with great info on everything from bodies to lenses to lighting and much much more. Definitely worth the $6 or so for anyone who considers playing with their SLR and film as much fun as anything else!

Deb

I had a dream last week that DH bought me a Sissix!!!! In real life he has told me if I come home with one, he will know I have gone right over scrapbooking edge.....but maybe I can work on him for my birthday in the fall!!!

PattyT - need to have your DH talk to my DH!!!! I will go to Home Depot ANYTIME if it means a trip to Michaels!! Enjoy your new Sissix!!! You'll have to post some of your pages done with your new toy!

Boy, those 50% off coupons really get to you! I hate the thought of "wasting" them. I used mine to get the machine, too! :) And then I used my Mom's to get the palm tree die. Then I used the 40% off coupon for the sun die. This was done over 3 days and at A.C.Moore instead of Michael's.

The funny thing is is that I am not really into die cuts but I like the machine - is that sick or what?? :) I rationalize it by saying that my kids can use the die cuts for school projects too. :)

Have fun with your machine!

Jill

Woo Hoo----went to Michael's to use my 40% coupon; they didn't have Splat (what I was hoping for) so I got Dragonfly instead. I made my dad a Father's Day card with some leaves (Leaf #1) and Dragonflies on it...then I made my triplet niece and nephews a card using the Confetti die. I had fun! Next I am going to make my girlfriend a baby card using Large Daisies, using lots of soft pink papers...finally, someone is having a girl!! (I think in my circle of friends there is one girl baby for every 6 or 7 boys!). :p

Anyway, isn't Sizzix just totally addicting!!!!!!!!!???????? I want Michael's to put all their cake stuff on sale next weekend..why? Because I need to get a Tigger cake pan for my son's bday, but I just can't fathom using my 40% off coupon for something other than a Sizzix die! Am I pathetic or what!

LOL

Well I think hubby thinks that I won't need to go away to any crops if he buys everything! LOL He doesn't love the idea of me going to the K.I.S.S. event in August for 2 nights! His way of keeping me home (it won't work - but don't tell him ok!)

Deb - Oh MY how I LOVE my new camera! I can't get over how BEAUTIFUL the pictures come out using just the automatic settings - I haven't even tried any manual options yet! I did get the photographing children book with my scrapers book club membership - and I loved it! I even went to Walmart and bought a ton of $1 material to use as backdrops! I'll have to check out that book next time I'm there! It is in the same plaza as Mike's and DS loves the choo-choo so thatll probably be soon!

The worst part is I just bought a TON of coluzzle templates over the last three weeks! I think I will just try to buy different dies so I use bolth! :)

I'll post some layouts later!
PattyT

We all seem to think alike. I got my machine for christmas and the letters for my birthday. The funny part was that I bought the letters 3 weeks before my birthday with a 50%off and my husband forgot and he bought me emeralds for my birthday . I love my forgetful husband.

2 gifts I love it!
My husband would NEVER forget :)
I am torn - do I want a new alpha set for x-mas or the superdy-duperdy flash unit for my new camera (my b-day gift)

ps I quess I can now forgice DH for forgetting to get me anything for mothers day :)

HI folks,

First let say I don't have one of these and have never really considered one. But as I browsed the clearance table at LSS yesterday I noticed she had some of the letter punches (I think all lower case) at 50% off. Not sure if styles changed, she had overstock or what. If anyone is interested enough to try and do these long distance as it were please PM me and we'll work something out.

Warning: there were not a lot of these!

Deb

of the Sissix machine at Michaels? Does the coupon have a limit to how much can be at 50% off? We have a Michaels nearby, but an even closer LSS, so I am not familiar with their SB supplies.

Thanks!

In Erie pa it is 99.00 it goes on sale for 79.00 and you can use the coupon

I believe the reg price of the machine was $79.99
and the lolipop alpha set was regular $149.99
I used a 50% off coupon for each of them -no problems!
so it ended up
$40 something
and $75+ (taxes)
Michaels doesn't offer a lot - but the coupons make it worth the trip! WHy pay full price!

HTH
PAttyT

I agree-why pay full price? I just got my Sizzix on Mother's Day, and I already have 7 dies and I only paid full price for one of them. My little plan is working----just to buy a die with each Michael's coupon. Now, of course, Michael's doesn't stock all the dies I like that are in the Sizzix catalog...I may have to go Michael's hopping in my area- we have 6 or 7 of them because different stores stock different dies. Does anyone know if Michael's carries more holiday ones when it is Fall? I noticed there are hardly any Halloween or Christmas dies at my store, but there are several in the catalog.

Remember that you can use Joannes coupons and Michaels coupons at ACMoore too - and they have a better selection of dies in our area (but it is an extra 1 hour drive for me - augh!)
PAttyT

Unfortunately, the nearest AC Moore is 1800 miles away!!! LOL...I checked on their website----I'm in Oregon, the closest one is in Tennessee! Too bad--I would love to have a larger selection to choose from. Does Joanne's carry Sizzix products?

For $40.00 for the sizzix, I can justify that in my mind. I am not so sure how much I will use it, but for basic shapes and lettering, I think I will put it to use. What size matting can you make with the sizzix??

Thanks
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter