I forgot which days to avoid certain parks!

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
does anyone here have that information? we are leaving sun the 5th and I know I printed it out but of course cannot find it now..Thanks Marianne :rolleyes:

According to info I have gathered, the following are the busiest days at each park.
MAGIC KINGDOM- MONDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY
EPCOT- TUESDAY AND FRIDAY
MGM- SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY
ANIMAL KINGDOM- MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY

thanks so much.this will help in planning our days..marianne

I got the following from Safari Steve, a CM:

Sunday is historically the slowest day at MK, with Wednesday a close second.
Sunday is slow at all four parks as it is a MAJOR travel day.
Epcot is slow on Mondays, as most guests arrive on Monday and want to spend their first day at MK. Tuesday is Epcot's first heavy day of the week.
Tuesday and Wednesday are heavy at MGM, but Sunday and Monday are slower.
AK is still hard to judge as it is still a baby and still defies most attempts to identify patterns (just like a two to three year old human)
Fridays and Saturdays are heavy at MK, but not as heavy as Mondays. Generally, Saturdays are heavier at all four, and all of these generalities are to be totally ignored during peak days and holidays (New Year's Eve was on a Sunday... we closed the gates before 10am)

Bill From PA

I don't understand how Sunday can be a slow day for MK. It is early entry and a weekend - doesn't that make it extra busy?

Sunday was chosen as an EMH day for MK because of how slow that day is typically. These things change, though (October used to be a major off season, but as people have caught on to that, it has become less so in recent years) and I offered my observation that Bill has quoted more than two years ago. Sunday is a bit busier at MK now than it was then, but by and large Sun is still the slowest day across property. Sat and Mon are still the busiest days at MK. I would defer to recent trip reports. Perhaps a survey is in order.

the kabuki said:
According to info I have gathered, the following are the busiest days at each park.
MAGIC KINGDOM- MONDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY
EPCOT- TUESDAY AND FRIDAY
MGM- SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY
ANIMAL KINGDOM- MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY

Except for AK, those were the entry entry days before 9/11/01. So I don't think it would apply anymore since the early entry days are different plus there is the upcoming addition of late closing for resort guests.

I agree with DebbieB. I think the attendence pattern will change and will be much more difficult to predict with the addtion of the evening EMH. :wave:

Gathering reports it sounds like the locals invade the parks on weekends during the 1st 2 weeks in December. But is that just relative to the weekdays and the parks are still relatively quiet? I have plans to visit 12/08(thursday) to 12/17(saturday) with a 7day expiry pass no hopping and am thinking of just not doing the weekends instead of risk getting stuck at a crowded park and wasting a day. Any tips on which parks to avoid on the weekends and what do instead if all are crowded. 3 adults and 1 infant, we can split up and do 2 different things if necessary. I haven't been in more than a decade and always went during Spring Break and the summertime which we're of course crowded during the day. Thanks a bunch in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest