I don't think I could possibly be more indecisive.

Kitka

Mouseketeer
I have been to Disney so many times, seen the inside of almost all the resorts - know what I like - know what I don't... but I cannot for the life of me decide where I want to stay this June

For the 4/7 deal on my dates I can get a standard Beach Club room, a garden Poly room, or a pirate room at CBR. Part of me really wants to go that $1k cheaper and get the room at CBR but my arthritic self doesn't like the idea of walking so much at CBR, or the idea of double beds and no sit down restaurant. It's one resort I've never seen so it's hard to know if it's worth the savings to me. I've always wanted to stay at Poly, but with going in June and really being able to use Stormalong Bay I think it is the perfect time to try staying at the Beach Club too.

What's a girl to do??!

Ah I hear you, I'm indecisive as well! I've only stayed at CBR, but the other two are my top two dreams! CBR was not a lot of walking for me, it seemed. We were in the Jamaica village, and the bus stop was pretty close to our building. When I went they did have a sit down restaurant, Shutters, but I'm not sure if it's still there. The food court/main pool was also not very far from where we were. Jamaica seems like the ideal village, at least in terms of not much walking! The lobby was far, so we took the shuttle. It was beautiful in June, like the real islands (I'd assume)! The $1k savings also sounds lovely!!

However, I fell in LOVEEEE with BC last visit, and would definitely enjoy staying there. I can't offer much advice on the other two resorts, but I can say that I don't think CBR is nearly as bad with walking as others have said. This may be since we spent fairly little time at the resort, and didn't have kids/lots of luggage/health issues/etc. If I were you, and I could afford it, I'd splurge and go to BC! I'd go BC, Poly, then CBR, if money was not an issue.

I doubt this has given you a definitive direction ;) but I just figured I'd chime in and try to help with some "been there, done that CBR" opinions!

I'm with you on that - I was looking at the Polynesian or the Beach club but realized that for similar (or a little more depending on which of the two above) money I could stay at AKL Concierge Level so that's what I booked (but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it).

Decisions, Decisions.....

Out of those options I would go with Beach Club, the location is wonderful, if you have mobility issues being close to two parks and having boat transport and if you wanted to rent a scooter you only have to bus to two parks instead of 4 like CBR.

Poly has a great location the monorail is nice but May is a great time to use Stormalong Bay and when we stayed at the Poly the grounds and room were nice but the staff was lacking.

So I would choose Beach Club 100%

I wish I could help. I have the same problem. I've been to all the resorts many times and so far, I have this upcoming trip narrowed down to 12 hotels with 8 different views to choose from :scared1:
Good Luck! :thumbsup2

CBR has Shutters, which is a table service restaurant, though it isn't the same type of restaurant *at all* as Yachtsman.

If you're looking for less walking, the pirate rooms at CBR are probably a bad idea - they're in Trinidad South, which is the furthest section of CBR from the food court/restaurant/arcade/pool/etc. Generally it's the quietest section for that reason as well, though with the addition of the pirate rooms I imagine there will start to be lots of kids.
CBR IS a gorgeous moderate though - there's beaches, practically every room has a great view, the pool is fun, and you can see Illuminations from the beaches at the hotel. Plus it's a short bus ride to all of the parks.

I just got home from a trip to Beach Club (standard room) and I would never stay anywhere else again if I could afford to go back there - so that would be my choice out of your three. But it really depends on what you're going to be doing - if you think you'll be spending most of your time at Magic Kingdom, go to Poly. If you think you'll be spending most of your time at DHS/EPCOT, go to Beach Club. If you think you'll be spending an even amount of time everywhere, or if you want to save money, stay at CBR - but you may want to put the money into a preferred room (ie; close to the main building) rather than the pirate rooms!

I would try to decide based on what park/amenity I would get the most use out of.

Would you prefer to spend more time at MK, with the easy monorail access?
Or would you prefer to spend more time at Epcot and/or the pool at your resort?'

And remember that the Poly has its own very very cool pool with the Volcano!

And for what it's worth, with my touring style, with kids, I imagine I would spend WAY more time at MK than I would at a pool, so I would likely pick Poly. But traveling without kids, I might choose Yacht Club to be near World Showcase, which I love.

We splurged and stayed at the POLY last December. It was the 1st resort I had stayed at as a child and we went back with my parents. We had a gorgeous view of the castle (3rd floor) and watching the fireworks and electric water parage from our balcony, listening to the music and the ferry and waking to the castle were amazing!

However, if it hadn't been for that view I wouldn't say it was worth the price tag.

My biggest pet peeve was the crowds. Because it is on the monorail MANY MANY people use it as a short cut to the MK. The buses were beyond packed and the lobby was shoulder shoulder with non-resort guests. Kona and Ohana draw big crowds too as does the luau.

Caribbean Beach is lovely. I have always loved my stays there.

I tried to book CBR for April, but the only vacancy on site was at the BC. I'm excited to try that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter