I don’t know where we’re staying, but I know where we’re eating! May 2011 *NEW 5/10!

I agree that the few weeks leading up to a trip are the most exciting! I know exactly what you mean about the trip being on its way to being over as soon as it starts. :sad2:

I love that Mickey tank top! :thumbsup2

LOVE the new shirts!!! :goodvibes And great news about the new furniture sets, can't wait to see pictures!

Cute purchases, love the tank top :thumbsup2 Coolbeans for your new house purchases, I'm obsessed with buying household stuffs right now. Can't wait to get new furniture and whatnot when we move into our new place :)

The tank is really cute! Buying new furniture is fun! Can't wait to see pictures.

TYou're probably right... but hear me out: once you leave for a trip, you're already on your way to it being over (depressing thought, huh?). But when you are in that last month, it's all packing and shopping and anticipation!

I totally agree!!!

The shopping part is well under way- I received a package from the Disney Store yesterday with these beauties inside:

104927M

I love this tank, but it is very lightweight- to the point of being see through in spots!

104898M

How cute are they?

And I had to get something for Ben, too:

104437MS

Which he was happy with, though it is a bit brighter red than he'd like. We are hoping it fades just a smidge!

I finally made the trek to the nearest Disney store last friday. I saw those t's in the store. I know what you mean about it being brighter red than you would like. I found several t's I would have wanted, but when I thought to get dh one... they all were too bright for the color. (blue, green red..etc) Very cute though!!! :goodvibes

In other news, we applied for the Disney Visa card, in part because of the $100 gift card they were offering. And we can use the Disney rewards towards our DVC annual dues. We are cutting it close to the trip as far as getting the gift card before we go. But I think it is safe to say that even if we can't use it this time, we'll get to use it on a future trip ;)

I love my dv. I know it is strange to, but with the perks from it... it is far more exciting than any other card we have had. Dh got a card offer and even though I already have one... I suggested he apply for one as well. Why? The gift card offer. :rotfl: Free disney money is free... so I thought why not. Now we have two dv's though... :blush:

There is also a slight chance that we will be adding another day on to this "short trip". I don't want to speak to soon and jinx it, but I will have details later when we know more!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

And in non trip related news: we bought furniture this weekend! Since buying our house 3 years ago, our bedroom set is the only furniture we purchased new. It was high time we got around to decorating our house! Our lovely new living room and dining room sets should be arriving in a week and a half. We're going to use the time before it gets here to paint both of those rooms. I will definitely share pictures of these projects!

Congrats!!! It is nice to get new things.

That is my recurring WDW nightmare! I almost never have good dreams about Disney- they are usually frustrating and sad. At least the real thing usually isn't!

:rotfl2:

I agree that the few weeks leading up to a trip are the most exciting! I know exactly what you mean about the trip being on its way to being over as soon as it starts. :sad2:

I love that Mickey tank top! :thumbsup2

As I told Ben today: in two months we will be on our way home from Disney. That sounds like a sad thing, but it just means we have less than 2 months to go!

Cute purchases, love the tank top :thumbsup2 Coolbeans for your new house purchases, I'm obsessed with buying household stuffs right now. Can't wait to get new furniture and whatnot when we move into our new place :)

We are excited to finally tackle some redecorating projects!

LOVE the new shirts!!! :goodvibes And great news about the new furniture sets, can't wait to see pictures!

It was a great weekend for shopping, for sure!

The tank is really cute! Buying new furniture is fun! Can't wait to see pictures.

I really love that tank, it's very sparkly!

I finally made the trek to the nearest Disney store last friday. I saw those t's in the store. I know what you mean about it being brighter red than you would like. I found several t's I would have wanted, but when I thought to get dh one... they all were too bright for the color. (blue, green red..etc) Very cute though!!! :goodvibes

I love my dv. I know it is strange to, but with the perks from it... it is far more exciting than any other card we have had. Dh got a card offer and even though I already have one... I suggested he apply for one as well. Why? The gift card offer. :rotfl: Free disney money is free... so I thought why not. Now we have two dv's though... :blush:

Congrats!!! It is nice to get new things.
:rotfl2:

Yeah, Ben's shirt is RED. But it sure is fun!

Getting a 2nd visa for free money is a good idea! Even if that means you now have two :goodvibes

Love the tank! Just throw a red cami underneath and you're set!

Good idea! :thumbsup2

I tried it on and Ben's first words were, "you better not wear that on Splash Mountain". :lmao:

I don't have an actual update yet, but we are busily working on it! Wish us a little luck tonight, and tomorrow I might be able to share another day's worth of plans! :rolleyes1

Edited to add: My ticker is back!!!! And under two months!!!!

Gosh this trip is really starting to creep up, yay :teeth: Bet you can't wait to be there already :)

Before I post my newest update, with the (hopefully) final changes to our trip, I thought I would share this essay that Ben's parents found. It was most likely from the 4th grade or so...

BenSpaceMountainEssay.jpg

It didn't scan perfectly, so here's the text:

Space Mountain
by: Ben
The last time I rode on Space Mountain in Disney World I was in the third grade. We got up early every morning and were at the doors of the park when they opened. Barely anyone was there. I remembered from my previous experience that Space Mountain was the best ride there, so that was where I headed. There were signs that said "45 minutes from this point" or "15 minutes from here". Since nobody was there I ran to where you get on the ride. I rode, got off, got on and got off again. I ended up riding about 6 times before there was a line. Finally I stopped and went to see the rest of the park. It was the best time of my life.

Being from 1988, this might be the oldest trip report on the Dis! I think Ben eloquently describes the benefits of rope drop, as well as the awesomeness of Space Mountain!
Also, if there was any doubt that he really does love WDW, I think the quote "It was the best time of my life" demonstrates that he is just as WDW nutty as I am, don't you?

Coming up very shortly: our trip changes again, some more.

Aww bless what a cute TR and like the girls said has to be the oldest TR I have seen :)

Ben is very flattered that you all found his childhood writings adorable. Maybe I'll have to convince him to help me out with the trip report writing!

We spent the whole weekend painting our living room and dining room. It took forever. But the rooms look very nice and fresh. Today we get to hang out in a living room with no furniture, as our new pieces don't arrive until tomorrow. It's so echo-y!

I have exciting trip updates, which I meant to share the other night... but I am posting it coming right up!

Ben works from home, but he travels pretty often for his job. He was in California a couple of weeks ago, and while there learned that he might have to attend a trade show in Jacksonville, just a couple of days after our WDW trip. His company pays for his travel expenses on these work trips, so Ben's immediate reaction was to calculate how much money we could save by canceling his flight to Orlando and re-booking it through work. (Because they'd have to fly him to/from Florida regardless, it doesn't make much difference to them if the flight out is a week earlier than the trade show for our trip)

That's about $300 we get back!

Shortly after this, it dawned on Ben (and truthfully- I had thought of this almost immediately after I heard the words 'Jacksonville' and 'couple days after Disney') that since he didn't have to be anywhere till Tuesday morning, we may as well stay in Disney one more night, and he could drive to Jacksonville Monday after I head to the airport. An extra day? Sweet!
But the problem was that we still weren't 100% sure that Ben was going to this show. He was waiting for the final confirmation from his boss before we could change our bookings around.

The word finally came late Thursday that he was definitely going to the trade show, but it was too late for us to call DVC member services to see about availability for the night of 5/8. We didn't want to get too excited- what if there were no studios available at all?

As it turned out, there weren't many! Kidani had nothing at all, so we couldn't just extend our stay. Saratoga Springs had a studio for the entire length of our trip, and Old Key West had just one studio available for that one night only. After calling me a few times at work, we settled on a plan and Ben had everything switched.

So what's changed?
Well... Sunday 5/8 was our departure day. But now, we will get up early and check out of Kidani. We'll still head to DHS as planned, but instead of heading back for ME to pick us up, we'll leave the park at lunch time to check in to Old Key West! I have never been here, and know pretty much nothing about it (you hardly ever see trip reports about stays here, now that I think about it...)
After check in, we'll have lunch at Olivia's Cafe at OKW. We figure that since we'll only be at OKW a very short time, we should at least attempt to check it out while we are there! The menu looks pretty good- lots of sandwich type stuff. Not to mention some delicious sounding cocktails:

Turtle Krawl - coconut rum, spiced rum, and white rum, with pineapple, orange, and key lime juices
Sultry Seahorse - Amaretto, Créme de Banana, pineapple juice, orange juice, and a float of Cherry Brandy

Since I can't decided between those, I may just have to have a very fun lunch :cool2:

We also want to spend some time at the pool, and relax a bit. Later on we may head back to DHS, but then again we might not. This is a bonus night. after all!

Monday 5/9 is our new departure day. We'll go to a park in the morning, but I don't know which one. My flight leaves MCO at 7:40, so ME will probably pick up at 4pm (WHY?). Ben will head over to the airport with me, and when I get on a plane, he will pick up a rental car and drive to Jacksonville. He won't be home till Friday.

So, there you have it- we are getting really good at extending this trip. The funny thing is, that I still don't feel like we have enough time for everything. With the tours, and the water parks, and wanting to explore our resorts... even the 8.5 days have quickly filled up!

I love how your trip just gets longer and longer! It'll be fun to have another resort to check out-- I LOVE the sound of both of those drinks, especially that Turtle Krawl!

I am so jealous of your extra night! If only DD didn't have to go to school in May, then maybe I could find a reason to extend ours *sigh*

Also, I meant to post last night, but got side tracked--your DH may feel more at home with us on our DIS meet than he thinks, you know, with his TR experience and all! :rotfl:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter