• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I do not have permission to access the page (for Magic Bands)>

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else received this error message with Donald Duck - I assure you I am the only one with access except for Disney - they are promisng some new stuff on the page prior - assuming it is growing pains

Access Unavailable
You do not have permission to access this page.
Sorry, but access to the page you requested is unavailable. It may have been moved or deleted, or the URL may contain errors. Please check your spelling.

There are so many periodic glitches with MDE that I’m more surprised when it shows me what I hope. MBs are especially bad. I doubt it’s anything more than that.

Have seen this a lot. Clear your cookies, try incognito window, try new browser. If that doesn't work, then just try another day. If you need them ASAP, you should call. But spoiler alert, there are no good ones left lol

I should have added that last night it told me to never mind about any specials bands. They were awfully sorry though! :laughing:

I have had to call for the magic band order many times. Recently, I and Disney have spent hours getting a me whole new MDE account.

Has anyone else received this error message with Donald Duck - I assure you I am the only one with access except for Disney - they are promisng some new stuff on the page prior - assuming it is growing pains

Access Unavailable
You do not have permission to access this page.
Sorry, but access to the page you requested is unavailable. It may have been moved or deleted, or the URL may contain errors. Please check your spelling.
Have you tried a different browser?
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache & history?

I frequently get one of several error messages with MDE.
So far, haven't seen that one, yet.

Someday, maybe they will fix it.

I now have a message in MDE saying due to the overwhelming popularity they are all sold out but I can order the solid colored ones....hahahaha - still no - really it's their attempt to roll back the software to the previous version. Still The Donald telling me I don't have permission. More cheap overseas bug infested programming.

This particular ressie has been a nightmare, including the band issue. When I call member services, she suggested that it was the computer/browser. I opened/closed it many times and tried a different browser, deleted cookies, ran virus checks, etc all on my Mac which I bought to avoid these types of issues. Even today, it came up that I could not access. I did finally make the changes I needed for the bands on our other laptop which is an HP.

This particular ressie has been a nightmare, including the band issue. When I call member services, she suggested that it was the computer/browser. I opened/closed it many times and tried a different browser, deleted cookies, ran virus checks, etc all on my Mac which I bought to avoid these types of issues. Even today, it came up that I could not access. I did finally make the changes I needed for the bands on our other laptop which is an HP.

I work in IT - those are always the "fixes" to make the customers think it is their problem. If something doesn't work on Chrome, Explorer and Safari, it shouldn't be released - PERIOD. They also know that they are getting tons of complains not onesie, twosies (which can be a virus, way older browser etc...)

The Magicband issue has been going on since late May when they released the "new upgrade" MagicBands, which sold out in hours. People who have reservations 10+ months out were able to order them, others who are arriving in July and August didn't. Some people actually got magic bands right away, even though reservations were many months away. Others got some right magicbands, but some came in gray. It's been a mess. Not they are telling everyone they are out of stock. Some people who couldn't order or had an error in their order got coupons/codes to buy the 24.99 magic bands from Shop Disney for 10.00 with free shipping. Others got nothing but the we're sorry, we're out of stock. Obviously the roll out of the software which allowed for ordering "upgraded" magicbands didn't go very well. I am thinking the out of stock message means, we're making the developers go back and fix the code.

The Magicband issue has been going on since late May when they released the "new upgrade" MagicBands, which sold out in hours. People who have reservations 10+ months out were able to order them, others who are arriving in July and August didn't. Some people actually got magic bands right away, even though reservations were many months away. Others got some right magicbands, but some came in gray. It's been a mess. Not they are telling everyone they are out of stock. Some people who couldn't order or had an error in their order got coupons/codes to buy the 24.99 magic bands from Shop Disney for 10.00 with free shipping. Others got nothing but the we're sorry, we're out of stock. Obviously the roll out of the software which allowed for ordering "upgraded" magicbands didn't go very well. I am thinking the out of stock message means, we're making the developers go back and fix the code.

Thanks for the summary. I have 40 days before my deadline to order customized MB, not very hopeful. Lookinh at the bright side: I'll save $30, maybe enough for some churros. :D

I just went on as I was getting that message as well. Now if I go in the drop down menu to Magic Bands, it get to the point where I can choose the person, choose between, Themed, Colour, and Price....if I click on Theme a bunch of theme buttons show up.....but now matter which ones you choose (I.E. Princesses, Star Wars, etc.) all that comes back is "No Results Found"...so stupid! Just tell me they are sold out and check back later.....also, if they are going to offer these, then why don't they have stock....as stated above, you have to pay for it anyway!

I used Explorer (not my usual browser) a few hours ago and was able to grab a Darth and the castle one - hey, I just wanted it over, black was my first choice but wasn't an option - thanks to this thread. We were headed out the door or I would have updated earlier. Let's see what the box brings

I used Explorer (not my usual browser) a few hours ago and was able to grab a Darth and the castle one - hey, I just wanted it over, black was my first choice but wasn't an option - thanks to this thread. We were headed out the door or I would have updated earlier. Let's see what the box brings
I also was able to order the castle one for my July 2nd check in. Got an email saying package has been shipped so feeling positive!

I was able to get the Castle Band and the new Haunted Mansion band. We have 6 travelling mid July. Took me hours trying to pick bands only for them to become unavailable and removed from the order. Or would show available and throw an error. Even got so far as to have 4 in the cart and when I went to pay the screen started flashing. I ended up only getting the two we really wanted, and the others in the party settled for the basics. Everyone was tired of looking and choosing, only to not be able to order it. I decided I could spend 10.00 once we get there (with the DVC discount) and get whatever people really, really wanted, not something that settled for after their 1, 2, 3 and 4 choices kept getting pulled back out of the order. Got a confirmation they were shipped. We'll see if any surprises await once we get it.

We are looking at the premium bands for our upcoming trip. I’ve been refreshing with the limited ones back in stock to check options periodically.

A few people will want premium and a few the standard colors. Because designs seem to come back and disappear quickly I want to figure out the best way to do it.

I read after they were released initially that once a premium band is selected the whole order would process right away. Is this what people have been experiencing?

That makes it tough at this point to pick a few of the upgraded ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter