I can not figure out how to post a photo!

Stacey2grls

<font color=blue>Am currently on a "see food" diet
My husband has tried for over an hour and we cannot figure out how to do this! We have printed the instructions, but it still isn't working! Alot of the information is going over our heads. Can someone please print a simplistic explanation of how to do this? Thank you!

Not sure what instructions you printed out. You need to be careful because the DISboards changed from HTML codes to BB codes earlier this year, and some of the 'instructions' you might find are still for the old HTML code, which no longer works.

To show a photo in a regular post:

1. You need to put the photo on a server somewhere. It also needs to be a server that allows direct linking. Many user sites where you can put photo albums, do not allow direct linking.

2. Two sites to consider are: Photobucket.com, or our own DISboard photo gallery. Both sites are free. If you use photobucket you must register. If you use the DIS site, you are already registered, so just use your regular DIS username and password.

3. Upload the photo to the site. This method will vary depending on what site you use.

4. Get the URL that the site has assigned for the photo. Again, this varies depending on which site you use.

5. Post the URL in your post, putting the correct bulletin board image tags in front and behind the URL. The image tags are:
. If you use photobucket.com, that site will give you the image tags as part of the BB code it generates for you. If you use the DIS site, or most others, you must add the image tags yourself. You can either type them in manually, or use insert image icon that displays when you go to enter a post. (It's the yellow background, mountain top, icon).

You're done.

If you want to put the photo into your signature, so it shows up on every post you make, then just follow all the above, but go to UserCP, edit signature, and paste the URL with image tags into your signature.

If you decide on what site you want to use, feel free to post back if you need specific directions relative to that site.

I can't find where to find the photo gallery here -- i know that sounds silly but I truly seem lost... can you direct me in the right place. Thanks
Laura

My photos just show up as a link to the disboards photo gallery I uploaded them to, now what should I do?

ljb9539 said:
I can't find where to find the photo gallery here -- i know that sounds silly but I truly seem lost... can you direct me in the right place. Thanks
Laura
It can be intimidating sometimes trying to find your way around a web site. The DISboards has lots of page links, but sometimes you have to search a little.

Here's the path to follow:
  • At the top of this page, select DIS Home
  • In the left hand column menu on the Home Page, select Photos/Videos
  • About the middle of the next page you'll see DIS Community Gallery. Click on the text 'Add your own Disney pictures here'
  • This will either take you to the log-in page, or directly to the photo gallery (depending on cookie settings)
  • Log-in using your regular DIS username and password
  • If you want to add photos for direct linking to posts, then you probably want to put them into your personal gallery rather than a public gallery. To do so, click on MyGallery (located near top left of the page)
  • From there it's just a matter of uploading your photos, getting the URL, and putting a link into your DIS posts or signature.
If you think you'll be using the DIS photo site a lot, you might want to put in a shortcut once you get to the actual album pages. That way you won't have to go through the entire menu system.

Post back if you need further help.

Dan

Thanks for all your time and patience specially has I didn't know my AVATAR from my signature - well I did but got a tad confused. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter