"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

"ENJOY! YUMMY, YUMMY!" — A WDW February Trip
Day 7 — Part 2

N picked me up from my trail ride, and dropped me back off at the resort for a short afternoon rest. N had to hit the road, and I wished him safe travels. That evening, I was in for my very first official solo-time in the parks! Of course, I chose the Magic Kingdom, especially since it was my last night of vacation.

I took bus and park selfies, and I sent them along to N. Actually, I sent N pictures of pretty much everything I did that night, because as much as I was LIVING having my mini solo trip, I also wanted to share it with someone in some way. I was hungry, so I went to Columbia Harbour House for some QS dinner, and I sat upstairs at one of the window tables to peoplewatch. And this is where the QS allergy kids' meals thing got OUT OF CONTROL. I got chicken tenders and fries...and they gave me FIVE chicken tenders...a boatload of fries...and apple sauce....and a drink. It was spilling off the plate! I actually could NOT finish it. I even got a take away box, tried to nibble at it off and on for the next two hours before it hit the salmonella danger zone, and then had to throw the rest out because I COULD NOT eat all the food. It was insane.

n1bABd5.jpg

vXbuadw.jpg

AEBTELQ.jpg

rzIFATg.jpg

I went and got a photopass picture with the castle, and I asked her if she could take one of me facing backwards so I could show off my backpack:

18YYyEl.jpg

That was great! (Especially after a little Instagram/Photoshop magic.) But then after that, pretty much every picture she took of me facing forward was at about this level of zoom...even though I was standing in front of the iconic castle...zero actual "castle" shots... #ThanksPhotopass

1NDuDJj.jpg

Then I got in line for the lantern photopass picture because I'd decided I wanted one by myself. I waited between 30-40 minutes, which wasn't terrible. But I ended up liking the ones I got with N slightly better anyway.

bIhn9r6.jpg

After that, I went back around by the castle. I got more photopass. And then I waited for Happily Ever After. I had a much better viewing location and experience than we did back in August, and it really helped me to enjoy the show more. I even got a little emotional at the end of the show, it being my last night, enjoying such a magical place all by myself, but surrounded by people simultaneously experiencing their own magical moments. :lovestruc

KHiQFkR.jpg

9S8ehN0.jpg

qhJbEEg.jpg

pTdu9WZ.jpg

I decided to do the speedway, and I sent N a video of me driving (is that illegal?? Distracted driving??) Then I did the Peoplemover, which felt super magic that night, and I consumed the go-go squeeze apple sauce I'd saved from my dinner. I kept getting FP after FP that night. Next, I did Buzz and competed with myself. Then Dumbo, and I planned to end the night with Splash...

qRF220u.jpg

tpjXITF.jpg

PiHwrMU.jpg

Oy1WlUP.jpg

1zB0EH8.jpg

cVEWuEh.jpg

iBzOyzp.jpg

ueh5S4t.jpg

L2vIJOi.jpg

GGY4i95.jpg

Splash is my favourite ride, and I was so excited to end my night with it. Well...it had been closed almost all day due to technical issues...and it turned out that there was a reason, because just shortly after I got on the ride, it stopped...and never started again...

I had my first safe ride evacuation!!! :eek::eek: This had been on my Disney Bucket List for a while. Not the best timing, because it took FOREVER, and I was sad I wasn't going to get to end my night with one more great ride. But it was still pretty cool! The CMs came and unlocked our boat lap bars, then we were walked backstage, and out to the exit.

Ncy8One.jpg

3nuWi0w.jpg

hqLJzxn.jpg

The most eventful part of the whole thing was that there were people in the boat behind us, and their kid ended up getting out of the boat by himself before the CMs came, which we were STRICTLY advised not to do. Then he got back in when someone made an announcement directed at him. Then after the CMs got there it was taking them a while to get the lap bars unlocked, and the grandmother in that boat had a major panic attack because she was claustrophobic and started climbing out of the boat on her own. The CMs told her not to, and she flipped out and yelled at them, and got out anyway. I have anxiety/panic attacks and an intense phobia of my own, so I can definitely understand how she may have felt in that situation, but it was still just a bad deal all around, and the CMs need to be able to keep guests safe, and to not violate any of their policies that keep them safe legally...so it was not a great scene!

The moment I got out of Splash, it was about 2 minutes to park close. I speed-walked as fast as I possibly could, and I slipped into the line for Pirates the moment the clock struck 10pm. Thank goodness! I'd get to end my night with a great ride after all!!

yWem0Xy.jpg

C8tvY5i.jpg

Then I made my way, slowly, out to the front of the park. I took some pictures, including posing for more photopass, and I just kind of lingered and took it all in. And then, for the first time ever, I got to experience the kiss goodnight, and it filled me with the most wonderful of good vibes and some bittersweet mixed emotions.

YzCkWrG.jpg

fCyp2U7.jpg

As I walked out of the park, the electrical water pageant was going on, and it just added some extra magic to the end of my night.

Wuvjhyd.jpg

Then, I got on a bus to ASMu instead of Sports, because it came almost immediately. I'm glad I did, because the people sitting beside me had been talking about where they were from, and one guy said he was from Nova Scotia. I asked him where, and it turns out that he lived only about 90 minutes from us, and he and his partner were about to take the same flight home as me the next morning. We chatted most of the way back to the resort. Then I walked back to Sports, called N, and went to bed. I had an early-ish morning coming up, and I didn't feel quite ready to go home.

"ENJOY! YUMMY, YUMMY!" — A WDW February Trip
Day 8

Morning came early. I got myself showered and finished packing up, and I made it to the food court just shortly after they opened at 6:30am. I started my last Disney morning with Mickey waffles, and savoured the heck out of their magical Mickey faces! Nom! :goodvibes

My Tragical Express ride was shortly after, so I went out to the bus area to wait and feel sad. There were people already getting back to the resort after running the Princess 5K as I was sitting there waiting, and it made me sad that I hadn't been able to work it out to run in the race. Our trip was booked after the 5K was already sold out, and even if it hadn't been, it would have meant forfeiting my reasonably-priced direct flight. :sad1:

mN7pMJY.jpg

WLQB9pm.jpg

Our bus driver was AMAZING, and you could tell how much he truly loved his job. He kept us all entertained with jokes and lots of facts. I wish I remembered his name. It wasn't too long before we arrived at the airport, and I did the security thing, and took the least magical non-monorail ever over to my gate.

cvLLm7Y.jpg

I got there super early—ME leaves 4 hours in advance for international flights, which a flight to Canada technically is—and I had about 3 hours to wait at the gate. I had upgraded to Plus again, so I should have boarded first, but there was an issue where they had to board an individual in a power chair, and it required a special lift machine to make the transfer, so they boarded everyone in rows behind him first, then him, and we would be last to board. The whole process was MESSED UP and wasn't going according to plan, and his family was getting understandably frustrated. And so were we! We'd be told we were ok to board, then PSYCH! NOPE! And we'd have to walk back up the bridge and wait again! This happened at least 3 times due to miscommunications between staff members. I figured I'd have lots of time to eat lunch between boarding and taking off, and by this point I was getting hungry, which is a bad thing for me in terms of preventing airsickness. Once I finally boarded, I pulled out my peanut butter sandwich and planned to cram it down my throat. Just in the nick of time, the moment I pulled the ziplock from my purse, there was an announcement that someone on the plane had a severe nut allergy and to please not consume anything with nuts. I've always known that this could be a possibility, and I always take care to ask people around me if they have allergies before opening anything on a plane anyway, but it's never actually happened to me before. I've always packed peanutbutter because it's something that keeps well, and it can be very difficult for me to find food in the airport. This meant that I was too hungry when we took off, and I ended up getting really sick for the first half of the flight. When they came around with the fancy hot towels for Plus guests, I asked if they could bring me a cup of ice for mine, and I kept getting it cold, and then blotting myself with it, which helped a bit. I also got them to bring me their gluten free snack box, and after some pretzels and ginger ale, I was doing a bit better, and the second half of the flight was more manageable.

Everything went smoothly otherwise. I had a weird cab driver home from the airport, which made me a little uncomfortable to be travelling alone, but I made it home perfectly safely, and somehow the trip was already all over!

And there you have it! That's our February trip in a nutshell! Sorry to flash-post it all on you folks so quickly like that, but I feel good to have it all recorded while it was fresh in my mind! I've got some school work to attend to now, but when I return here soon enough it'll be with more updates for the honeymoon trip that I've been so neglecting! Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fantastic dining experiences! I rarely hear about Citrico's but it sounds really good and fancy, will have to try one day. I'm sorry Belle was a bit love-and-shove at Akershus. Usually with the character meals that have a pre-meal character photo they don't really interact and go right into the photo. It's unfortunate, but otherwise I think there would be a MAJOR hold up. ( :thumbsup2 to switching your ADR on your next trip to Garden Grill tho, LOVE it there.)

The trail ride sounds so nice. I've never rode horses in my life, but I was surrounded by a lot of horse lovers so I've been around them and a walk through the woods on a horse just sounds so relaxing. :goodvibes

What a magical last night! How cool you got a ride evac off Splash. I never got to do anything like that during my entire CP. I mean, I did on Jungle Cruise, but it's not a cool ride evac, it's just annoying because a) no Jungle Cruise and b) you just sit in a boat forever until they back you back into the load area to get you off and that's for those of us who weren't in the boat that broke down.

You never saw the Kiss Goodnight before?! Omg, what a treat. I refuse to leave a trip to MK without seeing it, I get so emotional watching it, especially with how much I connect it to my time on my CP and working at MK. :sad:

Thank you for that quick run through of your trip! It sounded like you had a lot of fun. Sorry that the travel back was just way too unmagical. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the Disneymoon. :mickeyjum

Nathan ordered the halibut, on Ty's recommendation, even though he doesn't often order fish when we go out, and he said it was excellent.
We had the halibut on our Highway in the Sky dine around. It's something I would never have ordered on my own, but it was SO delicious!!!!

Also, that salted butter....seriously. I could just pick it up and eat it whole.

Excellent way to spend any leftover $$ because Disney. and because Mary Poppins.

was given a black napkin to avoid getting white lint on them. #fancypants :goodvibes
I love this LOL :)

This cracked me up, along with the other one where you're in the back row! They put this camera in such a weird spot!!! When I ever finally get going on my TR, you'll see how I kept holding up my finger like it was a hook---so lame and yet, I am the only one in the boat who looks entertained :)

I had my first safe ride evacuation!!! :eek::eek:
We are all nuts! Why do we WISH to be evacuated?! :) I'm so jealous!!

I think Andy needs that shirt.

All the Princess selfies came out great! Ariel look like she had the same spirit as her character.

My father loves these things. I don't get it. It's good but nothing to die for...

I think Nathan had a little too much to drink before the board meeting.

Did they pre-split it for you? I love when a restaurant will do that for you.

We waddled back to Epcot, and I waited and idiodorously long time for a monorail to come by, so I could take this:

YqNZCVM.jpg
Totally worth it! Great Picture!

.and I found a way to spend the discrepancy in that budget...

Idtz5Or.jpg
Still waiting for the right print! But I want one, one day... Love your choice!

I love eggs Benedict, so this looks delish!

Turns out that he was the slowest of the group, and he was on a special diet because he was a little rounder than the other horses. :rotfl:
Poor chubby horse! That's the one I would have wanted.

Just as amazing as the first one!

Splash is my favourite ride, and I was so excited to end my night with it. Well...it had been closed almost all day due to technical issues...and it turned out that there was a reason, because just shortly after I got on the ride, it stopped...and never started again...
What is wrong with Splash Mountian? They seem to be having some seriously issues with it.

The most eventful part of the whole thing was that there were people in the boat behind us, and their kid ended up getting out of the boat by himself before the CMs came, which we were STRICTLY advised not to do. Then he got back in when someone made an announcement directed at him. Then after the CMs got there it was taking them a while to get the lap bars unlocked, and the grandmother in that boat had a major panic attack because she was claustrophobic and started climbing out of the boat on her own. The CMs told her not to, and she flipped out and yelled at them, and got out anyway. I have anxiety/panic attacks and an intense phobia of my own, so I can definitely understand how she may have felt in that situation, but it was still just a bad deal all around, and the CMs need to be able to keep guests safe, and to not violate any of their policies that keep them safe legally...so it was not a great scene!
Man! That is some drama! I can imagine how stressful it must be for some people.

Little old you in the back and the lady in the front are awsome!

I just kind of lingered and took it all in. And then, for the first time ever, I got to experience the kiss goodnight, and it filled me with the most wonderful of good vibes and some bittersweet mixed emotions.
That is on my bucket list to get to see one day! Sounded like a great solo-afternoon/evening!

Does sound like a strange breakfast experience. I know what you mean about waitstaff drawing attention. I bring my own take-out containers to meals so I don't have to take a Styrofoam box. I keep the reusable plastic in my van. Quite often the server will make a big deal, which is kind of awkward.

Glad you had a better experience at Skippers. I had a solo meal there in October. My waiter pretty much ignored me.

I enjoyed reading about your trail ride. It's nice to do something different!

::yes::

OMG I love, LOVE that Mary Popping Dooney and I have not seen it before! But I may have to come home with it later this month ;)

And where may I ask did you get your "My oh my what a wonderful day" shirt, because I love that also and may have to get myself that this month, too :rotfl2:

I'm not surprised N preferred school bread to the cream-filled horn pastry from Kringla. I've tried a few other pastries there that look good to me and while they're not bad, I always come back to the school bread!

It looks like you guys had a really nice trip as usual :goodvibes Now looking forward to hearing more about last August when you get a break from your school work again!

That night we went back to Disney Springs to pick up a few more Erin McKenna's snacks, and while we were there we were discussing how we'd been coming in pretty far under budget for dining to this point...and so we stopped in to browse somewhere...and I found a way to spend the discrepancy in that budget...

Idtz5Or.jpg

Oh my gosh, guys. I'm in love. :lovestruc:lovestruc Mary Poppins is my jam, and this bag is beautiful. It's almost as miraculous as my sketch backpack. This is a super terrible and expensive addiction, and I NEED to stop...like, NOW...but I'm glad I didn't stop before making this bag my baby. :lovestruc

Aah! The Mary Poppins Dooney was the one that made me buy my first Dooney & Burke bag. They are SO gorgeous! I ended up getting this one, but it was so hard to decide between them! So exciting to see someone else loving it too!

mary poppins purse.jpg

PPO Garden Grill breakfast!

We are doing that in less than 2 months. It'll be our first time to have a PPO ADR in another park besides AK.

We waddled back to Epcot, and I waited and idiodorously long time for a monorail to come by, so I could take this:

"Waddled" is a common means of exiting B&C. Absolutely love this picture!

Oh my gosh, guys. I'm in love. :lovestruc:lovestruc Mary Poppins is my jam, and this bag is beautiful. It's almost as miraculous as my sketch backpack. This is a super terrible and expensive addiction, and I NEED to stop...like, NOW...but I'm glad I didn't stop before making this bag my baby.

Oh my goodness! I love this! I don't have any of these kinds of bags but I may have to remedy that. ;)

we were having lunch at Beaches and Cream.

Nice! I've eaten there twice, now. But never for lunch. Just ice cream. The burgers sure looked good, though.

he No Way Jose. This ice cream is GINORMOUS and DELICIOUS.

::yes:: I loved it!

You guys ate the whole thing!

I waited and idiodorously long time for a monorail to come by, so I could take this:

YqNZCVM.jpg

"idiodorously" I like the new word. And... Gorgeous shot!

Ty asked us what kind of water we wanted, and that's when I first realized I was out of my league in Fancytown. :eek:

Eep! I would be lost too! But I don't care for unflavoured liquid, so.... I'd just pass. :)

For dessert, I made N order the key lime pie because Ariane had such a good experience with it, and he liked it.

mmmmm!!!! Love a good key lime pie.

For me, it still doesn't top some of our very favourite dining experiences, like Tiffins,

That's the second time today I've heard glowing reviews of Tiffins.

Oh my gosh, guys. I'm in love. :lovestruc:lovestruc Mary Poppins is my jam, and this bag is beautiful.

::yes:: I haven't myself, but did you see the trailer for the new Poppins movie?

I felt fancy, because I was wearing black stretch shorts (obviously super nice attire!)

:laughing:

our server, Robert, was super strange and not fabulous.

Oh. Well, that's not good.

He didn't say much at all...until he saw my little maple syrup packets...and then he flipped out and was SO excited. It was night and day. He kept kind of yelling and drawing attention to the table. So weird.

"Ha ha... say, Robert... how about you go serve other tables... and stay over there."

Oh, Yum!!!!!

Obviously not maxed out. You guys are working it!

We wants the redhead!

Please tell me they're still saying that!

Kim also told us to make sure we checked out the book titles on the bookshelf if we hadn't already, and it was incredibly entertaining.
LIT6eHg.jpg

:laughing: I think I sense a theme...

Then I was off to Fort Wilderness for my appointment for a trail ride,

Yay!

One point of note here is that they do weigh you at check in, and there's a strict 250lb weight restriction to ride, so this could definitely be a deterrent/problem for some guests.

Good. I actually like that. People will lie to get what they want. I'd rather err on the side of the horses.

The trail ride was a great break from the parks, and I had a lot of fun!

Great to hear! :)

That evening, I was in for my very first official solo-time in the parks! Of course, I chose the Magic Kingdom, especially since it was my last night of vacation.

How did you like going solo?

as much as I was LIVING having my mini solo trip, I also wanted to share it with someone in some way.

I get that. There have been many times where I've thought "Oh, I wish I could show this to someone!"

So I write a TR. :)

And this is where the QS allergy kids' meals thing got OUT OF CONTROL. I got chicken tenders and fries...and they gave me FIVE chicken tenders...a boatload of fries...and apple sauce....and a drink. It was spilling off the plate! I actually could NOT finish it. I even got a take away box, tried to nibble at it off and on for the next two hours before it hit the salmonella danger zone, and then had to throw the rest out because I COULD NOT eat all the food. It was insane.

That was a ton of food! But.... I'm happy for you! You have restrictions that I don't have to (normally) worry about. I certainly won't complain if you made out good this time!

But then after that, pretty much every picture she took of me facing forward was at about this level of zoom...even though I was standing in front of the iconic castle...zero actual "castle" shots... #ThanksPhotopass

What the heck is that? "Where was this photo taken Meghan? In your back yard?"

But I ended up liking the ones I got with N slightly better anyway.

bIhn9r6.jpg

But I do like this one very, very much.
Might not be quite as romantic as the other one... but I do like it.

I even got a little emotional at the end of the show, it being my last night, enjoying such a magical place all by myself, but surrounded by people simultaneously experiencing their own magical moments. :lovestruc

:hug:

I decided to do the speedway, and I sent N a video of me driving (is that illegal?? Distracted driving??)

:laughing: Not to worry. The cops can't go any faster than you can, so you can outrun 'em.

Next, I did Buzz and competed with myself.

Good girl.

:lmao:

Oh, no! You waited all day for that!

I had my first safe ride evacuation!!! :eek::eek: This had been on my Disney Bucket List for a while. Not the best timing, because it took FOREVER, and I was sad I wasn't going to get to end my night with one more great ride. But it was still pretty cool! The CMs came and unlocked our boat lap bars, then we were walked backstage, and out to the exit.

Well.... silver lining I guess. Too bad it couldn't be for a different ride, though.

the grandmother in that boat had a major panic attack because she was claustrophobic and started climbing out of the boat on her own. The CMs told her not to, and she flipped out and yelled at them, and got out anyway.

Oh, geez. That's not good at all. :(

The moment I got out of Splash, it was about 2 minutes to park close. I speed-walked as fast as I possibly could, and I slipped into the line for Pirates the moment the clock struck 10pm. Thank goodness! I'd get to end my night with a great ride after all!!

Yuss! That's a great way to end the day!!

:laughing: I had to hunt for you a little bit.

And then, for the first time ever, I got to experience the kiss goodnight, and it filled me with the most wonderful of good vibes and some bittersweet mixed emotions.

:goodvibes

I started my last Disney morning with Mickey waffles, and savoured the heck out of their magical Mickey faces! Nom! :goodvibes

:laughing: I bet you did!

My Tragical Express ride was shortly after, so I went out to the bus area to wait and feel sad.

Awwww... :hug:

I did the security thing, and took the least magical non-monorail ever over to my gate.

Isn't that something?
Magical Express becomes Tragical Express
Fake-o-rail... the first monorail of the trip... becomes the least magical non-monorail ever.

Life is unfair.

I got there super early—ME leaves 4 hours in advance for international flights, which a flight to Canada technically is

:sad2: I know... I know!!

we would be last to board.

What??? "Excuse me, could I get a refund of my Plus seat cost? Thanks."

We'd be told we were ok to board, then PSYCH! NOPE! And we'd have to walk back up the bridge and wait again! This happened at least 3 times due to miscommunications between staff members.

That is... really bizarre.

Once I finally boarded, I pulled out my peanut butter sandwich and planned to cram it down my throat. Just in the nick of time, the moment I pulled the ziplock from my purse, there was an announcement that someone on the plane had a severe nut allergy and to please not consume anything with nuts.

When I first read that, I thought you meant you took it out and ate it just before the announcement.
Kind of... getting rid of the evidence.

I ended up getting really sick for the first half of the flight.

:( So sorry to hear that.

I had a weird cab driver home from the airport,

How so?

And there you have it! That's our February trip in a nutshell!

Yay! Thanks for letting us join you!

Sorry to flash-post it all on you folks so quickly like that, but I feel good to have it all recorded while it was fresh in my mind!

I prefer that to never having it finished. ::yes::

Suffice it to say I've been largely lurking along with this amazing report until taco piñata made me comment again the other day - I've been super busy with "real life" stuff and haven't been able to keep up with all my Dis friends' trip reports! But for some reason I keep coming back to catch up on yours :flower3: and holy whoa was it worth it for the whirlwind February report! I almost feel like I got to do that solo MK adventure with you. SO much fun and what a great way to end your trip!
That night we went back to Disney Springs to pick up a few more Erin McKenna's snacks, and while we were there we were discussing how we'd been coming in pretty far under budget for dining to this point...and so we stopped in to browse somewhere...and I found a way to spend the discrepancy in that budget...

Idtz5Or.jpg

Oh my gosh, guys. I'm in love. :lovestruc:lovestruc Mary Poppins is my jam, and this bag is beautiful. It's almost as miraculous as my sketch backpack. This is a super terrible and expensive addiction, and I NEED to stop...like, NOW...but I'm glad I didn't stop before making this bag my baby. :lovestruc

Mary Poppins is my favorite film of all time and I had to seriously restrain myself from buying one of these gorgeous bags when I was down there in January. I think I actually squealed at top decibel when I saw them! I'm on a "saving money for the wedding budget" so I have to behave myself around souvenirs but gosh if I was under budget I'd do exactly what you did!

Thanks so much for sharing the trip! Love it!! Definitely puts a smile on my face while looking at my last 30 days on my countdown (excruciating!)

Great early morning Epcot pics! And such cute pics at Akershus!

OoOO your meal at Citricos sounds lovely!

That Mary Poppins bag is amazing!!

Your morning at MK sounds like it was nice!

The horseback ride sounds like it was a cool treat and something different to do!

What a fun solo evening at Mk! You got a lot done and I love all the photos documenting it! How crazy to be evacuated off SPlash, I'm glad you had time to sneak in Pirates as your final ride.

I'm sorry your flight home had some stressful moments :(

Thanks for sharing!!

So we get married, I cut off my hair and now he's all over Rapunzel... Awkward...

nyway, I got my selfie, and Merida is adorable in it, so all is well. (I may have a slight crush on Merida. No shame.)

JZPkua8.jpg
Um.... long lost sister?

Annnnddd, CAPTION THIS:

kcwK2Ee.jpg
You stay away from that hairy harlot, Rapunzel!

Spoiler alert: I really enjoyed HEA a lot more the second time around. I still don't think it compares to Wishes for me because I had a lot of emotional attachment to that show and I liked the storyline better, but I got a lot more out of HEA the second time and it's definitely growing on me.
That's good to know. I'll certainly give it another opportunity.

(A neat little hidden Everest. #whoneedshiddenmickeyswhenyouhavehiddenmountains)
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Mind blown...

Pinocchio's was a perfect example of the allergy kids' meal being a better option. I ordered the kids' allergy pizza with pepperoni. I got a side of fries, and applesauce, and a tiny bottle of water. I paid about $7.50. N got a regular adults' pizza, and ordered an extra bottle of water to drink. He paid about $15.
And there's not much to his paper thin pizza at all. He was probably still hungry.

N was just reading one of the updates on here, and he informed me that he had pictures of the taco piñata and the poop emoji mug from our visit to Walmart on our August trip! Apparently I took them on his phone and not mine! They're certainly not my best work, but here they are:

OZDOyqy.jpg
Thank goodness!!! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to see this taco pinata.

The food here was just okay—probably slightly-better-than-okay for non-allergy food, and a little-less-than-okay for allergy food. But it was fine, and I loved getting into Epcot early, so it worked out. I'm glad we figured that out this time though, because I ended up cancelling our ADR for August and replacing it with a PPO Garden Grill breakfast!
Good thing you found out then. I don't know about the GF menu, but I freakin loved their breakfast potatoes. The rest was pretty much "meh" though.

Ty asked us what kind of water we wanted, and that's when I first realized I was out of my league in Fancytown.
Ice. Ice water.

The Feb trip looks amazing. Clearly you're the queen of wall selfies. Sorry Jiko turned out to be such a disaster of a meal. Hopefully next time will be much, much better!

Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fantastic dining experiences! I rarely hear about Citrico's but it sounds really good and fancy, will have to try one day. I'm sorry Belle was a bit love-and-shove at Akershus. Usually with the character meals that have a pre-meal character photo they don't really interact and go right into the photo. It's unfortunate, but otherwise I think there would be a MAJOR hold up. ( :thumbsup2 to switching your ADR on your next trip to Garden Grill tho, LOVE it there.)

That's a good point! The only other meals we've done like this where you have a M&G before entering the restaurant were CRT, and Tusker House breakfast back when Donald used to meet separately outside the restaurant. I don't remember them being quite this bad for not letting us get a word in edgewise, but they definitely were quick meets, too! Makes sense.

The trail ride sounds so nice. I've never rode horses in my life, but I was surrounded by a lot of horse lovers so I've been around them and a walk through the woods on a horse just sounds so relaxing. :goodvibes

It was really nice! And the weather was perfect, which only made it better. I was worried it would be too hot because there was quite the crazy heat wave that week, but the whole trail was in shade in the trees. It was super lovely!

What a magical last night! How cool you got a ride evac off Splash. I never got to do anything like that during my entire CP. I mean, I did on Jungle Cruise, but it's not a cool ride evac, it's just annoying because a) no Jungle Cruise and b) you just sit in a boat forever until they back you back into the load area to get you off and that's for those of us who weren't in the boat that broke down.

It was such a great solo night! And I was super proud of my ride evac experience! What do they do with the Jungle Cruise boat that's broken down I wonder? Do they send out a boat to get them or something?

You never saw the Kiss Goodnight before?! Omg, what a treat. I refuse to leave a trip to MK without seeing it, I get so emotional watching it, especially with how much I connect it to my time on my CP and working at MK. :sad:

I know! I'm ashamed! I can't believe it took me this long to ever see it. But it was so sweet and magical. I can see how this would be a really nostalgic thing for you.

We had the halibut on our Highway in the Sky dine around. It's something I would never have ordered on my own, but it was SO delicious!!!!

Yeah, Nathan was surprised at how good it was! We both were really impressed with our meals.

Also, that salted butter....seriously. I could just pick it up and eat it whole.

Yum!! You know you're in a fancy place when they serve you unsalted butter just so they can salt it themselves. :laughing: I may have discretely taken some of this butter for my GF bread when the servers weren't looking. (I can eat some butter, but I figured it would just confuse them if I told them that.) Yum!

This cracked me up, along with the other one where you're in the back row! They put this camera in such a weird spot!!! When I ever finally get going on my TR, you'll see how I kept holding up my finger like it was a hook---so lame and yet, I am the only one in the boat who looks entertained :)

The camera is in a really weird spot here! I like ride photos, but the rides that don't have a good camera location always kind of feel weird for me. Frozen is like that for me, too! I'm sure your hook finger wasn't lame at all! :laughing:

We are all nuts! Why do we WISH to be evacuated?! :) I'm so jealous!!

Right!?! The kids in the boat behind me were sad and complaining because it was going to have to be their last ride of the night and it was the last night of their trip, and they were disappointed to end their trip that way. So I piped up and was trying to convince them that as much as it was disappointing, in a way it was actually pretty awesome because so few people come to Disney and get to see what an experience like that is like, so they've now done something at Disney that very few people ever get to do! And their mother was like, "Oh, I thought you were just going to say how few people ever get to go to Disneyland." And I was just kinda crushed inside a little. I was like, "Oh. Yeah. That, too." But I wanted to be like, "Lady, you don't even get it! And also, this is Disney World! Disneyland is in lots of other places, but it's not here!" :laughing:

I think Andy needs that shirt.

It's such a great shirt! And very accurate! Unfortunately, I noticed that the letters are starting to lift a bit off the shirt already. Not the best quality shirt I've ever bought.

All the Princess selfies came out great! Ariel look like she had the same spirit as her character.

Thanks! Ariel really was quite herself this day! She was innocent and "bubbly" and sweet. :)

I think Nathan had a little too much to drink before the board meeting.

Did they pre-split it for you? I love when a restaurant will do that for you.

They did! We didn't ask for them to split it, just said we would share a burger, so it was a nice gesture! Easier than us trying to cut it ourselves at the table.

Poor chubby horse! That's the one I would have wanted.

He was a real trooper! :rotfl:

Little old you in the back and the lady in the front are awsome!

I think we were definitely having the best time of everyone in the boat.

That is on my bucket list to get to see one day! Sounded like a great solo-afternoon/evening!

It's really lovely! I hope you make it to the kiss goodnight someday soon. :)

Oh, thank goodness! I didn't think I was going to be able to survive without them!

I figured everyone would be itching to see them.

Nice! I've eaten there twice, now. But never for lunch. Just ice cream. The burgers sure looked good, though.

It was really great! This was the second time we'd eaten there, and we got the same thing both times.

You guys ate the whole thing!

I know! Lord help us! But I wasn't going to pay $10 for an ice cream and then leave any of it to go to waste!

"idiodorously" I like the new word. And... Gorgeous shot!

Thank you!!

Eep! I would be lost too! But I don't care for unflavoured liquid, so.... I'd just pass. :)

I'm actually a fan of club soda and sparkling water, though I always found it yucky as a kid. I started drinking it with lemon juice in the last couple of years as I've been trying not to drink my calories (so as to make room for lots of eating-calories, of course!) And I've really developed a taste for it.

That's the second time today I've heard glowing reviews of Tiffins.

::yes:: :thumbsup2

::yes:: I haven't myself, but did you see the trailer for the new Poppins movie?

I have! I'm looking forward to it. :goodvibes

We wants the redhead!

Please tell me they're still saying that!

They were! But I've heard that it's changing soon (if it hasn't already.)

Good. I actually like that. People will lie to get what they want. I'd rather err on the side of the horses.

It's true. If they have rules like this, it's for a reason. They do the same thing with Wild Africa Trek, and I certainly wouldn't feel too safe if I had the option to lie about my weight there and then realized why they have the restrictions as I was hanging on a rope bridge from my harness!

How did you like going solo?

It was a little lonely at times, but mostly wonderful! I loved the freedom to pick up and go do whatever I liked without even having to discuss it with someone else first. It's amazing how quickly you can get things done when you're alone in a park!

But I do like this one very, very much.
Might not be quite as romantic as the other one... but I do like it.

Thank you! It's such a nice photopass opportunity that I had to go twice! :laughing:

Well.... silver lining I guess. Too bad it couldn't be for a different ride, though.

Agreed.

That is... really bizarre.

It was. It's the first less-than-excellent experience I've had with WestJet. Eventually it was sorted out, but for a while it made for some confusion and some frustrated guests!

I'm sure he was a lovely man, but I just got a bit of a creepy vibe from him. He seemed weirdly interested in staring at me and kinda smiling funny, etc. And I've been told by cab drivers before than their rule of thumb was to be friendly and polite when someone first gets into the car, but then not to press for conversation unless the person initiates it. But this guy didn't get that memo! He was pretty chatty, when I was already pretty exhausted. Halifax also had a case a while ago where young women were being assaulted by a couple of cab drivers, but that was all dealt with a year or two ago. I guess I've always been a little on guard in taxis around home ever since. But he got me home just fine, so I had no complaints!

I figured everyone would be itching to see them.

It was really great! This was the second time we'd eaten there, and we got the same thing both times.

Creatures of habit, are we?

I know! Lord help us! But I wasn't going to pay $10 for an ice cream and then leave any of it to go to waste!

:laughing: I suppose! I learned (afterwards) that you could order half sizes. Next time (assuming there is one) I'll order the burger and a half size of... whatever strikes my fancy that day.

I'm actually a fan of club soda and sparkling water, though I always found it yucky as a kid.

Sigh. I still do.

Does that mean I'm still a kid at heart?

I started drinking it with lemon juice in the last couple of years as I've been trying not to drink my calories (so as to make room for lots of eating-calories, of course!) And I've really developed a taste for it.

Good for you!

I have! I'm looking forward to it. :goodvibes

I saw the trailer after posting that. I can't wait to see it. Loved the original and am pretty stoked about this new one.

They were! But I've heard that it's changing soon (if it hasn't already.)

:sad2:

Welcome to PCLand in California or PCWorld in Florida.

It's true. If they have rules like this, it's for a reason. They do the same thing with Wild Africa Trek, and I certainly wouldn't feel too safe if I had the option to lie about my weight there and then realized why they have the restrictions as I was hanging on a rope bridge from my harness!

It was a little lonely at times, but mostly wonderful! I loved the freedom to pick up and go do whatever I liked without even having to discuss it with someone else first.

Very well said!

It's amazing how quickly you can get things done when you're alone in a park!

It was. It's the first less-than-excellent experience I've had with WestJet. Eventually it was sorted out, but for a while it made for some confusion and some frustrated guests!

I'm sure he was a lovely man, but I just got a bit of a creepy vibe from him. He seemed weirdly interested in staring at me and kinda smiling funny, etc. And I've been told by cab drivers before than their rule of thumb was to be friendly and polite when someone first gets into the car, but then not to press for conversation unless the person initiates it. But this guy didn't get that memo! He was pretty chatty, when I was already pretty exhausted.

Huh. And... yeah... just take me home. I'm tired.

Halifax also had a case a while ago where young women were being assaulted by a couple of cab drivers, but that was all dealt with a year or two ago.

I do remember that.

I guess I've always been a little on guard in taxis around home ever since. But he got me home just fine, so I had no complaints!

Well, that's good at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter