"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

"ENJOY! YUMMY, YUMMY!" — A WDW February Trip
Day 5 — Part 2

We headed back to the MK on the boat right around sunset.

J8D5T7a.jpg

We got back to the MK and took some photopass pictures. I'd been messaging with Caroline, @disneyAndi14 on the boards, who was on a trip with her daughter. We met up near Gaston's Tavern and chatted about our trips so far. It was great to meet you, Caroline, and I hope you had a great rest of your trip! Looking forward to hearing about it!

kWc8UiP.jpg

jQt9h3V.jpg

ge0JpFR.jpg

(We had a photopass photographer who was strange...and they got us to pose for the "sisters" photo back to back. #ThanksPhotopass)

NKwSsjp.jpg

o5F6xRl.jpg

76YKdRm.jpg

We had a FP for 7DMT, and then we got in line for the Tangled lantern Photopass picture. We did some more photopass, including the lantern photo by the tea cups. It was definitely less popular than the Tangled one, and not as good a photo, but still cute. We rode Splash again, and then saw the backside of Happily Ever After as we were crossing the bridge in Frontierland.

Nsy7isJ.jpg

SRyEJLR.jpg

UJy9Fbl.jpg

KEmKM6A.jpg

HCwtMrr.jpg

CSHNYwX.jpg

0cj3UZo.jpg

We headed over to Tomorrowland and took a spin on the Peoplemover. Then we did Buzz and I maxed out in the third room, and had to spend the rest of the ride just chilling out, being a Galactic Hero and whatnot, waiting patiently for my husband to finish playing the game. I went to the town square theatre gift shop to peruse tsum tsums, and then we were ready to turn in for the night.

5qSJJkq.jpg

UrytoiS.jpg

i6qcJSj.jpg

XPRfQWn.jpg

AQhgpeN.jpg

KwWsQSo.jpg

OJSdjkm.jpg

MPQURP0.jpg

I even made N pose for one. He wasn't thrilled about it, but I thought he looked cool!

Wife telling husband to do something he doesn't want to really do but he does it anyways.

This is probably the first time that's ever happened.

:rolleyes1

Is it just me or does his shadow look like a frog?

Alright, lady. Up against the wall! Spread your... arms?

Huh! That certainly shows the difference! You got a little less pizza... but not much less. And the sides more than make up for that.
Definite score on that one.

Too bad you didn't take that shot when the geyser spouted. :)

We had a special meal this night at Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. It was out first time there, and we had a lot of fun.

Always wanted to try that. :)

He didn't disappoint, and brought me my own safe versions of the salad, baked smoked chicken, corn, baked potato, beans, and my favourite: the gluten free corn bread. I could also eat the regular ribs, which were really tender and tasty

Yum! and.... yay!

want

Definitely a gorgeous shot.

I'd been messaging with Caroline, @disneyAndi14 on the boards, who was on a trip with her daughter. We met up near Gaston's Tavern and chatted about our trips so far.

Nice!

(We had a photopass photographer who was strange...and they got us to pose for the "sisters" photo back to back. #ThanksPhotopass)

And yet... it really works! I like it!

We did some more photopass, including the lantern photo by the tea cups.

I hadn't heard of that one.

:lmao:

Awww...

Then we did Buzz and I maxed out in the third room

Third room!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

and had to spend the rest of the ride just chilling out, being a Galactic Hero and whatnot, waiting patiently for my husband to finish playing the game.

:laughing:

It must be done.

Aww...

That shot still kills me! :rotfl:

He does look cool.

I think your pizza looks better too! I am not a sure fan of the Flatbread pizza.

We went looking for hidden Pascals, and I only found one.
This is the only one we can find as well.

The show was a lot of fun, and we were glad we went.
Glad you guys went too. Andy has it on our most do list for our next trip.

Looks like you were in about the same area that we were. We kind of liked it, kind of out of the main spot light but could still see everything! Next time I want to be closer (hopefully)

So cute!

Def a strange picture to have you guys do...

I love the face on the little boy behind you...
You all looks very excited to be on the ride, for sure!

This is a much better PP Pic! I can see the newlywed love in your eyes.

That lantern is so cute! I love it.

This picture never gets old!

I’m all caught up! I’ve been considering Hoop De Doo for my Sept trip. I’m still split. Also, hello fellow Canadian and fellow allergy sufferer!

It was so nice to meet you and N

I love your lantern photos, both are so nice. I didn’t even know they did the one by the tea cups, cool!

You two did quite a few attractions that evening. I went back to Storybook and rode Barnstormer then headed out.

Yay Galactic Hero, that is awesome!!

So glad you two enjoyed HDDR, we are doing this in April, it will be our second time, we really liked it.

Wow, you're just flying through this trip! Glad it was overall a really positive experience.

I'm so jealous you got to meet Timon! He's never out, outside of getting that special M&G post-FotLK. I'm glad to hear you really felt you got to interact with him well. :thumbsup2 Also, I have so many photos with Photopass zooming in on me and a character hugging but my face is hidden by theirs. I think it's just a go-to shot that doesn't always work out for them *shrugs*

Baymax is generally always love-and-shove. He can't do much as is. I think his M&G is overrated since I know many who flipped out at the possibility of meeting him, but I never jumped at the chance to meet him. I probably would if they brought Hiro back to meet with him, that made his M&G work a WHOLE lot better.

For the record, there's only one park that has the underground tunnels and that's Magic Kingdom. Epcot has one tunnel but it's only between MouseGears and I think Starbucks and they don't really use it. So sometimes in certain parks, you'll see CMs walking across the park to clock in for their shifts. Even at MK you might catch Space Mountain CMs walking over from Storybook Circus since there's no tunnel that goes directly into Space Mountain.

Your Rapunzel's lantern photo is so cute. I really hope they bring that over to Disneyland so I can get a pic of me holding it by Fantasy Faire or something idk. And I never knew they had a second one by the Mad Tea Party, that's so neat, it would look amazing next to Disneyland's Teacups because the lanterns at night there stick out a bit more than at Magic Kingdom.

LOL @ all the aesthetic wall selfies, almost reminds me of me during my CP since I was in the parks alone more often than not :upsidedow

Hmmm... Now you've got me thinking...

So... essentially, you're paying $10/day more for the service. So if I'm paying extra for it already... should I stop tipping Mousekeeping?

Now you have me really rethinking this! I tip $5/day... so that would be a $15 savings per day. If I stay a week, that's $100... US! ($482 CDN... ish)

Mmmm, they're good questions! The savings can really add up, especially if you're tipping on top of the price of your room, which we also typically do. I think if I didn't opt out of Mousekeeping, I'd still probably end up tipping a small amount (we usually only do $1-2 per day per person, unless we're really messy or require any kind of extra service, etc.) I guess I see the $10/day included in the price of the room as going toward their salaries, and also toward expenses associated with room cleaning, like upkeep/replacement of linens, electricity/water for washing machines/vacuums, cleaning products, etc. And just like I tip a server in a restaurant beyond their salary, I also leave a small tip for mousekeeping. But I also know lots of people who don't.

So... not a fan of The Exorcist?

Hahah not so much. :laughing: Though I'm not much for horror-type movies anyway. I have a few good websites I follow where people can give others a heads-up about puke scenes in movies/shows, etc. But it definitely causes me trouble once in a while. The biggest issue was probably the year I worked as a residence assistant in University. Young students + drinking...I was the RA who would find someone puking in the bathroom, acknowledge that they were still breathing, and then just pop back and check on them in 15 minutes or so. Probably not the best job for me! Oops! :rotfl:

I totally get that. Just... "Please leave me alone and go away so I can just be miserable and not act like everything's fine."

::yes::

Interesting. I love to fly... but I prefer road trips too. I like seeing stuff. I like the solitude. I like the extra time to just unwind. I like new places.

Nathan also loves to fly. But he does so much driving for work that he definitely prefers flying when he can.

Hope the flight back wasn't too bad.

Thanks! The first half was a little miserable. The second half was pretty manageable.

Interesting. I might have to give it a try then.
And PEI is on my list. I've been to most provinces and set foot in Nunavut... but PEI and Newfoundland I've yet to visit.

PEI is a beauty! We go every few years in the summer. I'd love to see more of Canada though. The only place I've been west of Ontario is Edmonton. Some summer I hope we'll road-trip it and hit most of the provinces.

When were you in Nunavut!? That's not something many people can say.

Ah! I haven't seen any of the movies. Doesn't interest me.

Me neither. I never had much interest in Transformers.

Wife telling husband to do something he doesn't want to really do but he does it anyways.

This is probably the first time that's ever happened.

:rolleyes1

Tehehe

Is it just me or does his shadow look like a frog?

:eek: It does. What is this little guy hiding...!?

Huh! That certainly shows the difference! You got a little less pizza... but not much less. And the sides more than make up for that.
Definite score on that one.

Major score!! My pizza was almost exactly the same once the different shape was accounted for, maybe just slightly smaller. And the price difference...so great! I don't know if I just lucked out and they take pity on allergy-folks...but I wasn't complaining!

Always wanted to try that. :)

I definitely recommend trying Hoop at least once! We were pleased :)

It must be done.

Did you even ride the peoplemover if you didn't put your feet up and take a picture??

I think your pizza looks better too! I am not a sure fan of the Flatbread pizza.

It was tasty! You could definitely tell it was gluten free. It tasted a little...rice-y. But not off-putting or anything like some allergy stuff I've had in past.

This is the only one we can find as well.

I was starting to wonder whether there really are any others, or if those pascals have wandered away lately or something. Because we were struggling!

Looks like you were in about the same area that we were. We kind of liked it, kind of out of the main spot light but could still see everything! Next time I want to be closer (hopefully)

I liked the location back there! I wasn't sure if Hoop would be our thing, so I decided to save the money and book Category 3, and that's where they put us. We could see everything great, but got to stay out of the action. But I think if I had kids it would be fun to be up close to the stage.

This is a much better PP Pic! I can see the newlywed love in your eyes.

Thank you! I really like how it came out.

I’m all caught up! I’ve been considering Hoop De Doo for my Sept trip. I’m still split. Also, hello fellow Canadian and fellow allergy sufferer!

Congrats! There was lots of reading to do! haha

I recommend trying Hoop! I'm glad we did!

We have lots in common. Allergy-dining is such a pain! But Disney does an excellent job, I think.

It was so nice to meet you and N

I love your lantern photos, both are so nice. I didn’t even know they did the one by the tea cups, cool!

You two did quite a few attractions that evening. I went back to Storybook and rode Barnstormer then headed out.

Yay Galactic Hero, that is awesome!!

So glad you two enjoyed HDDR, we are doing this in April, it will be our second time, we really liked it.

We were really glad to meet you! And thanks—I really like the lantern pictures. And I had only just recently heard about that second lantern picture, too. It's not quite as awesome, but still a really cute photo! There was a little girl getting it taken before us, and she was adorable holding the lantern so proudly!

Wow, you're just flying through this trip! Glad it was overall a really positive experience.

:laughing: I'm trying to get everything down and dealt with as quickly as I can! Warp-speed trip report!!

I'm so jealous you got to meet Timon! He's never out, outside of getting that special M&G post-FotLK. I'm glad to hear you really felt you got to interact with him well. :thumbsup2 Also, I have so many photos with Photopass zooming in on me and a character hugging but my face is hidden by theirs. I think it's just a go-to shot that doesn't always work out for them *shrugs*

It was a great character interaction!! Timon was having a TIME that day!

Baymax is generally always love-and-shove. He can't do much as is. I think his M&G is overrated since I know many who flipped out at the possibility of meeting him, but I never jumped at the chance to meet him. I probably would if they brought Hiro back to meet with him, that made his M&G work a WHOLE lot better.

Yeah, I hear that. It would be SOO much better if they had Hiro back again! I never got to do that meet before Hiro left, and I was disappointed. I've had a good meet here before, but I found that it was really just because the character attendants were super enthusiastic that time and spent a lot of time chatting with us and helping us interpret what Baymax may have been wanting to say to us, etc. There's really only so much Baymax can do on his own, and this time the attendants with him didn't seem to be feeling quite as vocal. But it was still nice for a fist bump and a few pictures with a relatively short wait. :goodvibes

For the record, there's only one park that has the underground tunnels and that's Magic Kingdom. Epcot has one tunnel but it's only between MouseGears and I think Starbucks and they don't really use it. So sometimes in certain parks, you'll see CMs walking across the park to clock in for their shifts. Even at MK you might catch Space Mountain CMs walking over from Storybook Circus since there's no tunnel that goes directly into Space Mountain.

Ok cool, good to know! I wondered. I knew MK had the tunnels, but wasn't sure if there were any anywhere else.

Your Rapunzel's lantern photo is so cute. I really hope they bring that over to Disneyland so I can get a pic of me holding it by Fantasy Faire or something idk. And I never knew they had a second one by the Mad Tea Party, that's so neat, it would look amazing next to Disneyland's Teacups because the lanterns at night there stick out a bit more than at Magic Kingdom.

Thanks! They definitely need to take that photo over to Disneyland because it's SUPER popular, and it seems to be flattering for pretty much everyone.:lovestruc

Mmmm, they're good questions! The savings can really add up, especially if you're tipping on top of the price of your room, which we also typically do. I think if I didn't opt out of Mousekeeping, I'd still probably end up tipping a small amount (we usually only do $1-2 per day per person, unless we're really messy or require any kind of extra service, etc.) I guess I see the $10/day included in the price of the room as going toward their salaries, and also toward expenses associated with room cleaning, like upkeep/replacement of linens, electricity/water for washing machines/vacuums, cleaning products, etc. And just like I tip a server in a restaurant beyond their salary, I also leave a small tip for mousekeeping. But I also know lots of people who don't.

I'll still tip. Not the maid's fault that Disney is trying to cut corners. Just food for thought.

Though I'm not much for horror-type movies anyway.

Me neither. I sort of was when I was younger... or at least I'd see those along with other types. But now? It's all about gore and I don't really have a need to see that. I'd rather see a good movie.

The biggest issue was probably the year I worked as a residence assistant in University. Young students + drinking...I was the RA who would find someone puking in the bathroom, acknowledge that they were still breathing, and then just pop back and check on them in 15 minutes or so. Probably not the best job for me! Oops! :rotfl:

:laughing: No. Maybe not the best job.

Nathan also loves to fly. But he does so much driving for work that he definitely prefers flying when he can.

That I can understand. :)

The only place I've been west of Ontario is Edmonton.

Lots to see out there. :)

Let me guess... the Mall?

Some summer I hope we'll road-trip it and hit most of the provinces.

When were you in Nunavut!? That's not something many people can say.

Make sure you stop here and say hi. :)

I lived in Churchill, MB for a few years. One day I asked one of the guys if I could hop on one of their cargo flights to Rankin Inlet. I spent a couple hours and wandered around the town. :)

:eek: It does. What is this little guy hiding...!?

A desire to hop?

Major score!! My pizza was almost exactly the same once the different shape was accounted for, maybe just slightly smaller. And the price difference...so great! I don't know if I just lucked out and they take pity on allergy-folks...but I wasn't complaining!

Did you even ride the peoplemover if you didn't put your feet up and take a picture??

Nope!

Not the maid's fault that Disney is trying to cut corners.

Truth!

Lots to see out there. :)

Let me guess... the Mall?

...yep. :laughing: I wasn't particularly impressed by it. It was a big mall. The pool/waterpark bit was kinda cool though, though we didn't have time to actually try it out. I was there a few years ago for the national music festival, and it was a pretty short trip, so I didn't get to see much other than the streets around the hotel and university where we were based. But they did send us on an excursion to the mall.

Make sure you stop here and say hi. :)

I lived in Churchill, MB for a few years. One day I asked one of the guys if I could hop on one of their cargo flights to Rankin Inlet. I spent a couple hours and wandered around the town. :)

That's very cool! (literally and figuratively, I guess...)

A desire to hop?

:laughing:

Gorgeous :cloud9:

We met up near Gaston's Tavern and chatted about our trips so far.
How fun!

:rotfl:

We did some more photopass, including the lantern photo by the tea cups.
I've always wanted to do the Tangled one but never have :confused3 I didn't even know they did a tea cups one!

AMAZING.

In your "teaser" post before you went into the TR, I wondered why you weren't in full-on concentration mode and instead just chillin - now I know! :laughing:

It really was!!

I've always wanted to do the Tangled one but never have :confused3 I didn't even know they did a tea cups one!

It's such a great photo! The one by the tea cups is definitely less popular, and it doesn't have the same wow factor, but it had almost no line. The little girl who had her photo taken before our looked so precious holding the little lantern.

In your "teaser" post before you went into the TR, I wondered why you weren't in full-on concentration mode and instead just chillin - now I know! :laughing:

Ran out of galactic ammo, I guess! :P

...yep. :laughing: I wasn't particularly impressed by it. It was a big mall. The pool/waterpark bit was kinda cool though, though we didn't have time to actually try it out. I was there a few years ago for the national music festival, and it was a pretty short trip, so I didn't get to see much other than the streets around the hotel and university where we were based. But they did send us on an excursion to the mall.

Last time I went.... yup. Spanish galleon, water park, skating rink.... but when all is said and done... still a mall.

That's very cool! (literally and figuratively, I guess...)

It was in summer, so just figuratively. ;)

I fell so ridiculously far behind that I thought it was August, but then December, but heck it's February now. Glad to be caught up on yet another one of your adventures!

This time, when people asked us where we were staying, I felt almost a little insecure saying "All Star Sports," or like I needed to justify by saying we were on a "budget trip," etc. In past, I mostly stayed in value resorts or offsite when I would come with my family, and N and I have done about half and half, and Pop Century is still one of our favourite places. We like to go nice places to eat or do activities, so we still spent a lot of time around deluxe resorts on this trip, and I was worried we were being judged there for the opposite reason I used to worry about. But...I decided that I really can't win no matter where we stay—unless maybe we start staying at moderates more?! :laughing:—and that nobody's opinion really matters about it, and that most of the time they probably don't really care or have any opinion anyway and I'm just projecting.

I don't think you need to justify, and I actually don't think anyone else there even notices where anyone else is coming from. (Besides you could be staying anywhere at Disney, I feel like even when we don't stay there we're always coming and going from different resorts). We've done a mix of splurge trips and trips where we stick to a budget, and lately I've found the ones where we stick to a budget seem to be working better because then we have money for more trips! I like the mods a lot, and am quite partial to CSR because of the theming and because it usually falls in our price range. We still end up hanging out at the deluxes a lot too :rotfl:

Another new thing we tried was forfeiting mousekeeping services and getting a giftcard instead. We got a $60 giftcard for a 7-night stay, which is standard procedure. ($10 per night, minus one night.)

I loved doing this! Now that they do the security checks I've heard denying housekeeping can be troublesome though. Did you have any issues with that? I still want to do the gift card next time, but not if it's any trouble.

A supposedly-artistic photo of just Timon's face??
G55Hk73.jpg

:rotfl: That's so Photopass. And so is the "sisters" pose they had you do. I thought I quoted it, but I didn't. They've made us do that before too and I call it the "sassy twin pose" :laughing:

This day was 6 months to the day since we'd gotten married, so we had booked an ADR at Jiko for our "6 month anniversary."

Congrats!

She asked if the chef talked to me about GF bread, and I told her no. She asked what I thought about it. She didn't even really tell me whether they had an option for GF bread or not, and I wasn't starving, so I said I was fine without.

They never offered us any at Jiko, so I didn't think they had it, so strange.

I still was fine without GF, but I didn't realize that mean N would also have to go without regular bread, and she hadn't specified.

I hate when this happens! Sometimes at restaurants when we tell them Josh is GF they just never bring out any bread for me until we ask again.

We will probably try going back someday because people love Jiko and the menu is interesting, but not right away.

While we had a really good meal at Jiko, I'm not sure if that's the norm. I've heard from quite a few people recently that their filet was overcooked, and the meal wasn't great.

Josh loved the food at Hoop De Doo too, I think he ate his weight in ribs :rotfl:

I didn't even know they had this! I agree the other one is better, but this is interesting too.

I definitely wouldn't do this if we were staying somewhere fancier (like when we're at the Grand this August),
They didn't offer it to us during our stay at the Grand but they did at POFQ.

Perhaps because of this, we were upgraded to a preferred room in the football-themed section, as well as given a king bed room.
Wel wel well, it seems they can find a king for ya here vs your experience at the Poly in Aug.

I see your starting to wear sunglasses.

The airport in Halifax has a lot of Tim Horton's
We finally just had one open here in the Indy area. Still haven't been though.

Wow, I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten!

I wouldn't worry about what people think of you based on which resort you stay at. I tell my kids all the time, there are people FAR better off and FAR worse off than we are. Even when we are staying deluxe, there are people staying club level, or in a Walt Disney suite, etc…they are not my concern. We also like POP a lot and have stayed there many times. Anyone should consider them lucky who gets to actually go to such an amazing place. I grew up super poor and never took a vacation until I started working and paying for it myself. I think it makes it even sweeter :lovestruc

Your wall pictures are ALL so adorable! I think you got them all…even ones I never heard of!

I am so jealous that you got to meet Paige O'Hara :worship::love: It looks like she's an amazing artist, too.

That Jiko dinner sounds super disappointing. I'm glad they took it off your bill.

And OMG, I was LOL at your experience at Boma :rotfl:What a weird experience!

You're going to have to tell me your secret on Buzz…i totally suck at that one :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter