I am home.. and he did great...

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
We just got in and I wanted to come and say a quick hello and will post more tomorrow...

He did really good, we rested when he needed to rest, and we ate at all his favorite restaurants....great meals at Raglan Road and Artist Point, our daughters were with us for 5 days and then they left and we spent time with friends. I did notice he would get tired, but he was such a trooper.....the night we saw the Candlelight Processional (those Christmas Carols brought tears to our eyes, that was hard) was freezing and he was cold, we had hats, mittens, extra layers, but it was cold and I was worried about him....once we got moving and heading back to our resort, he warmed up. His rash calmed down somewhat, he is still itchy from it but it does not look as bad as it did...

He was nervous about attempting to do the Segway Tour we had reserved before we knew the cancer was back. I left it up to him whether he wanted me to cancel it or not, but he did great and what a fun tour that was. Now, we both want one, not practical or feasible, but what fun to ride around on a Segway.

Tomorrow back to reality and meeting with Oncologist down here to start chemo again without the horrific ride to Boston...I will keep you all updated on how we are proceeding and now I am heading downstairs to start the unpacking thing..

Take care all and thanks for keeping us in your prayers, the break did help rejuvenate him a bit before we start the treatment again.. It was great to meet some new Disers and I was so happy that Safetymom told me she had updated you all on us...

Hugs all around. :grouphug:

Oh, I am glad you had a good trip, Marsha! I have been thinking and praying for you two all week, as I know others have been. How nice that you got to spend time with family and friends. Welcome Back! :)

I have been thinking of you all week Marsha. I read Tracy's post and knew that Tom was doing ok - it sounds like it was a good trip for both of you and I'm so glad everything went quite well.

Take care and have a good week. Barbara

Good to hear your trip was a success. Thanks for posting about how it went. I hope it proves to be an esaier trial to do the chemo closer to home.

Please let us know how treatment progresses.

welcome home! I am glad you had such a nice trip and a break from all the stress. Let us know how tomorrow goes.

I'm so happy to hear you had a great trip! :thumbsup2

That's great to hear, I'm glad you all had a great trip. :)

Oh Marsha that's great news. Disney does it again! I'm so glad that you had such a lovely time. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I think I was at the same Candlelight Processional that you were and I agree that it was way cold. I am glad that you were all able to warm up afterwards. Prayers for good news from the oncologist.

Welcome back! I am sooooo happy that it went well. I, too, thought about you off and on all week. What a wonderful break for your whole family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter