Hyatt Orlando - so far so good

chells

Bus Rider
Checked in Thursday afternoon. They didn't have a ground floor, courtyard room available and we didn't feel like waiting so took a 2nd floor room, which is fine for us. Overlooks the pool. Note, two courtyards have small playgrounds and two do not, we chose one with a playground as DH is 6, no noise issues so far.

First night, we called for extra pillows, they brought 2 plus gave us a big stack of extra coffee and supplies. Later we discovered we couldn't get the "safe" to work, someone was here right away, but he couldn't get it working either so said they would replace it during the day Friday. Again, very nice. Offered free use of hotel's safety deposit boxes.

Get the paper every morning which we like.

When we returned to room Friday it was late and we were very tired, and were disappointed that safe hadn't been exchanged or fixed. Called guest services. The Hotel Manager called and apologised, said it would for sure get fixed Saturday, 5 minutes later a knock on the door, a big platter of fruit, cheese and crackers and bottled water, all compliments of the Hotel Manager.

Room is what I consider a standard hotel room, seems very clean, TV has HBO, Disney, sports and weather channels (along with standard) - pool is warm and clean. Small bathroom (shower only) but large "vanity" area. We also requested a refrigerator (extra charge $50 for our stay of 8 nights) which was delivered promptly.

I should mention that because the safe didn't work, they did offer to move us (and again when it didn't get fixed) but we HATE packing and unpacking so passed, this room if fine.

Also like that the driveway onto the grounds has a gate and a guard, area feels very safe.

We're just hanging out today (DS & Me) while DH golfs - just too darn HOT right now to be out at the pool,(sorry fellow Minnesotans, but it is) did some shopping, but DS (age 6) loves just playing in the hotel room. We're here for another 6 nights, then off to the beach for 4 more....

We skipped the parks today, since Saturday is so busy, plus today is the hottest day in the forecast, but will do MK tomorrow.

Planning to hit the DIS meet at Spoodles tonight!

steamboatwillie.gif

Offsite Feb 2001
Offsite Feb 2000
Offsite March 1999
Offsite March 1998
Offsite Feb 1997
timon.gif

Hey - What can I say? Offsite gets me there every year.

I'm glad to hear that the Hyatt is nice! I stayed there in December 1999 and thought it was great. I'm also glad to hear that they seem to be very concerned about your business by sending the fruit plate. That's a really good sign, especially since I seem to remember you got your room through Priceline.

-- Robin

yes, got the room through Priceline, $40 a night for 8 nights. When they replaced the safe, they accidently broke the cheap styrofoam cooler we bought (we're headed to the beach after we leave here) and left a message that they would bring us a replacement if we like. Maids do a great job - always leaving extra towels, coffee supplies, etc. 4 nights so far and very quiet, although it does look like there is some sort of law enforcement conference here, dozens of sheriff and police cars in the parking lot yesterday and today.....

steamboatwillie.gif

Offsite Feb 2001
Offsite Feb 2000
Offsite March 1999
Offsite March 1998
Offsite Feb 1997
timon.gif

Hey - What can I say? Offsite gets me there every year.

Thanks for your information on the Orlando Hyatt. Is this the one in Kissimmee? I got it this weekend on Priceline, also for $40 per night for 5 nights (3/2 - 3/7). How close to the parks? We like to leave at lunch for a nap.

Thanks again, have a great vacation.

Jenny

I believe that this is just down 192 (to the east) from the 192 Entrance to WDW. I stayed at the Radisson, which is next door, and my wife and I never spent more than 10 minutes in the car getting to the parks. I found this location to be very convenient. I will be staying at the Hyatt Orlando in May.

-Edward

05/99 off-site Radisson Resort Parkway
05/01 off-site Hyatt Orlando

It is extremely close to the WDW entrance; we have had friends staying on-site that have taken much longer to get to the gates(using the disney buses) than we did staying at the Hyatt! We enjoyed the hotel when we went last month and think you will too! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter