Hurricane Watchers--Post Here!

Very windy here In Denham Springs, La. And the eye is still many many hours away from us. Not looking good for us leaving tomorrow night to head to Disney.

Very windy here In Denham Springs, La. And the eye is still many many hours away from us. Not looking good for us leaving tomorrow night to head to Disney.
Can you switch flights and get out today? We tried to travel during Hurricane Irene last year and our airport was shut down. We were supposed to fly out Sunday, we could choose either Saturday or Tuesday (airport was closed Sun/Mon). DH is a fireman and was on call for the hurricane so we had to wait until Tuesday to leave, but I called early so we got on the first flight out on Tuesday morning...

We are driving down. But the storm is moving so slow that I'm not sure if it will be passed by then. Got my fingers crossed though

What if you are set to fly out Saturday? It shows our airport in the cone Saturday, but it is supposed to be 39 mph winds by then? Can we still fly out?

Anybody ever still do this. It is a little airport, and I get nervous.:rolleyes2

What if you are set to fly out Saturday? It shows our airport in the cone Saturday, but it is supposed to be 39 mph winds by then? Can we still fly out?

Anybody ever still do this. It is a little airport, and I get nervous.:rolleyes2

I woiuld check with the airport and see what they have planned. Maybe if you could fly out a day earlier, do it. I've never flown, but I don't think I would want to with winds like that.

It is super hot and very crowded in the magic kingdom...the sun is just beaming right down on us....so we go from sweating horribly to freezing at the restaurants lol. I'm also very happy Isaac didn't rip through my dads place in Tampa :)

stephanie71717 said:
It is super hot and very crowded in the magic kingdom...the sun is just beaming right down on us....so we go from sweating horribly to freezing at the restaurants lol. I'm also very happy Isaac didn't rip through my dads place in Tampa :)

I think it's super got today too, but some people on the bus today said they didn't think it was too bad!

Our last days were Wed, Thurs and Fri -- hot and dry!!! It threatened to rain on us in Epcot Thursday evening but it did not happen. The local news said these were the driest days since May!

My trip starts Saturday, so I'm back to watching hurricanes! This is a useful thread because of the multiple links to reputable sites to watch!

We're going and happy regardless, but I would like to take advantage of SAB at YC, so I'm hoping we do avoid the worst possible weather!

My trip starts Saturday, so I'm back to watching hurricanes! This is a useful thread because of the multiple links to reputable sites to watch!

We're going and happy regardless, but I would like to take advantage of SAB at YC, so I'm hoping we do avoid the worst possible weather!
We are down there on Friday..any signs of anything?

We are down there on Friday..any signs of anything?

We get there at the same time. Looks like we'll have trouble next week.

storm.jpg

Buckimion said:
We get there at the same time. Looks like we'll have trouble next week.

Do you think this storm will cause a lot of trouble?
We are leaving for disneyworld Thursday the 20.
We are from Alberta Canada so I've never even had to worry about a hurricane or really know what they entail except from on tv.

Do you think this storm will cause a lot of trouble?
We are leaving for disneyworld Thursday the 20.
We are from Alberta Canada so I've never even had to worry about a hurricane or really know what they entail except from on tv.

It's not even a Tropical Storm yet, there is a 90% chance that something will develop, but at this point it's anyones guess. It may circle back out to sea like most of them have, except for Isaac.

It's not even a Tropical Storm yet, there is a 90% chance that something will develop, but at this point it's anyones guess. It may circle back out to sea like most of them have, except for Isaac.

def not gonna even think about it..no use... if it comes to Fl it comes..if not awesome..

I've been tracking that storm since it formed right off of Africa 2 days ago. Its moving fast and straight for Florida so far which worries me.

We're heading down on the 17th. As long as a storm doesn't affect our flight from arriving, we figure we'll make the best of whatever weather heads our way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter