Hurricane Watchers--Post Here!

I have a sister in Bridge City. Ike was a nightmare

I live in BC. Ike was a nightmare!

I grew up in Vidor. My grandma still lives there. My mom lives in Beaumont. Really praying this thing doesn't go in on them :sad2: Having said that, I don't want it to go in on anyone else either. Praying for the people wherever this hits.

we are here, just offsite near DTD..very heavy rain this am..we had decided to skip Epcot and Illuminations tonight, but it has cleared up...cloudy and sprinkly, but we are going to go anyway..ponchos and umbrellas ready to go. We went to AK yesterday and it was breezy and overcast..perfect AK day..we leave on Thursday...

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Anything on the radar after Issac? We went to WDW during Irene last year (lost two days of my trip because of that one!) and am hoping to avoid rain every day this year. Good thing is after last year I know rain 75% of every day will not ruin my trip, but I still hope to avoid another storm! So, does anyone know if there's anything else out there brewing? We leave in less then two weeks for WDW...

We're heading down on Friday, first park day is Saturday. I'm hoping this weather clears up and ends up just turning into scattered rain. Anyone know anything of the tropical depression that was out there way over to the east?

We're heading down on Friday, first park day is Saturday. I'm hoping this weather clears up and ends up just turning into scattered rain. Anyone know anything of the tropical depression that was out there way over to the east?

I head down Saturday and I've had my eye on that storm. It's not actually even a tropical depression right now. It has a 30% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours.

Here are some models I saw of that storm on Wunderground. It's super far away so I don't think it would be anything to really watch until it's actually a tropical depression. http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201297_model.html

There are two areas out there now, but it seems the closer one (orange area on the below link) is heading more NW. Not sure about the other one yet. We arrive Sunday.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

thedonduck said:
Orange County was just under a tornado WARNING! If you are in the parks, be sure to listen for AND follow all CMs instructions. They said we will get off and on warnings all afternoon! Be prepared and safe.

I was in the MK from 8am-12:45pm. Everything was running, the dance party was going on. No one said anything about the weather other than we were all wet. I haven't heard one rumble of thunder all day, just the pitter patter of a lot of rain.

I was in the MK from 8am-12:45pm. Everything was running, the dance party was going on. No one said anything about the weather other than we were all wet. I haven't heard one rumble of thunder all day, just the pitter patter of a lot of rain.

Crazy isn't it? The warning lasted all of about 20 mins. I honestly didn't see it until they were saying it was expired (whoops!) Luckily near us, nothing happened. Just wanted to make sure people were aware of what was happening in Orange County! Glad you are at WDW making the most of your trip!

Anything on the radar after Issac? We went to WDW during Irene last year (lost two days of my trip because of that one!) and am hoping to avoid rain every day this year. Good thing is after last year I know rain 75% of every day will not ruin my trip, but I still hope to avoid another storm! So, does anyone know if there's anything else out there brewing? We leave in less then two weeks for WDW...

I haven't heard much on our local news because they are swamped with Isaac and the RNC, same loop over and over. I only heard that one right behind was going north. I'm keeping an ear out because our friends are getting married in Key West in two weeks, and I don't want to spend the money to go down if they're evacuated.

a lot can happen in 2 weeks....the great thing about storms is they can develop quickly....good luck

Mamapapa said:

Currently there are 2 other systems developing - if you check the National Hurricane Center website you can see that currently, they do not appear to become a threat - but that can change. So just keep a look out. And, try not to worry about it - you don't have any control over the weather and it can change a million times before you go. So just try not to worry too much.....I'm taking my own advice as I'm leaving in 2 days for a WDW stay, followed by a 7 night Disney Cruise and then back to Disney. Of course I'm hoping for nice weather, but I'm not worrying too much about it. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We arrived yesterday and it sprinkled on and off all day but nothing too heavy. There was a good downpour at the resort while we ate lunch, but stopped by the time we left. We were at DHS and there were no lines other than TSMM. Went to MK today and it rained a pretty steady rain most of the morning, but stopped before noon. Park wasn't crowded at all. Lines were almost non-existent - HM, Jungle Cruise, POTC, PP, ISMW, Dumbo, Alladin - these were all walk ons. BTMRR was 5 minutes. Even SM was almost a walk on. They had 15 minutes posted but it was about 5 and the CM said it was that way all day up to that point (it was about 2:00 by then). The weather was really great all day. Even though it was cloudy, there was a nice breeze and no rain. Between the weather and crowds, it was about the best I've ever seen it. Most guests must have decided to stay at their resorts because of the morning rain.

Even for the 3 o'clock parade, we got there right before it started and were able to get a good spot. We didn't have dining reservations and decided to eat at Tony's. They told us it would be about a 45 minute to an hour wait. Decided to wait and we were called in about 10 minutes.

All in all, it was a great day and we were just about able to do everything we wanted to. :) I'm hoping the weather will stay as nice as it was this afternoon and evening all week but I think it's supposed to get hot again.

pattibehan said:
we are here, just offsite near DTD..very heavy rain this am..we had decided to skip Epcot and Illuminations tonight, but it has cleared up...cloudy and sprinkly, but we are going to go anyway..ponchos and umbrellas ready to go. We went to AK yesterday and it was breezy and overcast..perfect AK day..we leave on Thursday...

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Too bad you skipped Epcot this morning! There were only a few hundred people at rope drop. we did Soarin', living with the land, circle of life and Soarin' again with fp at 10:15. We could have had another Soarin' fp with short return time if we wanted it.

Momto8 said:
We arrived yesterday and it sprinkled on and off all day but nothing too heavy. There was a good downpour at the resort while we ate lunch, but stopped by the time we left. We were at DHS and there were no lines other than TSMM. Went to MK today and it rained a pretty steady rain most of the morning, but stopped before noon. Park wasn't crowded at all. Lines were almost non-existent - HM, Jungle Cruise, POTC, PP, ISMW, Dumbo, Alladin - these were all walk ons. BTMRR was 5 minutes. Even SM was almost a walk on. They had 15 minutes posted but it was about 5 and the CM said it was that way all day up to that point (it was about 2:00 by then). The weather was really great all day. Even though it was cloudy, there was a nice breeze and no rain. Between the weather and crowds, it was about the best I've ever seen it. Most guests must have decided to stay at their resorts because of the morning rain.

Even for the 3 o'clock parade, we got there right before it started and were able to get a good spot. We didn't have dining reservations and decided to eat at Tony's. They told us it would be about a 45 minute to an hour wait. Decided to wait and we were called in about 10 minutes.

All in all, it was a great day and we were just about able to do everything we wanted to. :) I'm hoping the weather will stay as nice as it was this afternoon and evening all week but I think it's supposed to get hot again.

Good for you!! Sounds like you had an awesome day at the MK! Kudos to you for venturing out there...sounds like the weather wasn't too bad after all.

We enjoyed our last day here today, even though the morning was quite wet.

Today was our AK day. It was an EMH day, but we didn't arrive until 9. Like others have said, lines were non-existent. Everest was running despite the downpours and was walk-on (many trains were running with only 4-5 people). The River Rapids were great, because it was impossible to get any wetter. Basically the park was empty. The rain stopped by noon.

This evening we went to MK, and it was great. Not hot, not raining, and everything (except Peter Pan) was walk-on or very close to it.

Good luck to those of you with vacations coming up. And even more good luck to those who are in Isaac's path and with much more at stake than a vacation.

My sister in the Baton Rouge area has lost power. My son in NOLA still has power. It is cloudy and windy here as the storm approaches us. It should begin raining tonight but the real force of the storm won't get to us until tomorrow afternoon or night. By then it will be back to a tropical storm. Right now the track we are seeing on our local news shows the eye passing over my parish sometime Thursday. If all goes as expected, I'm pretty sure we will have closed schools Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter