Hurricane Irma?

After 6 hours and 10 minutes my fairy godmother is working her magic!!! I will post when everything is final but she had some major pixie dust and was able to move our entire trip back 4 nights! Now here's to hoping the airport will be back in operation on 9/13 for our new arrival date:cloud9:

My poor sister. She lives on Tampa Bay.. like she looks out her window onto the bay. She and her boyfriend are set to fly out Saturday morning to New York State. The plan was to take the dogs to the kennel and go to a wedding (prior to Irma). Now she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want to leave the dogs but her kennel has a very solid building, and is not in a flood zone and the owner is assuring her that they are staying with the animals. Who knows if Tampa will declare a mandatory Evacuation..and who knows if the airport will stay open long enough to get on a Saturday morning flight? She's debating driving but her boyfriend can't come because of his job at the hospital. He has to be there until Friday night. She's conflicted and scared. She's only 25.. I still worry about her.
I want to say to get in her car and go.. but I just don't know. For now the plan is to wait for those Saturday flights.

Ugh. Thanks for listening. :worried:

If she's close enough to see Tampa Bay, she needs to get gone. Tampa and St. Pete were written about as one of the most vulnerable cities in the country to a hurricane -- based on the building and the areas around the bay. While it's unlikely the storm will push a surge into the bay, Add onto that if the storm keeps its current path, there's no way Tampa's airport stays open through Saturday morning, not of MCO is closing at 5 on Friday.

So if you're offering her advice, tell her to leave. Now. I'm not trying to fear monger or anything of the sort, but coastal residents should NOT mess around with this storm. We can debate the merits of going to WDW or staying in Orlando, but if you're close enough to see any part of. the ocean, you need to get gone. Just look at the pictures of the charter boats stacked up in the BVI. This ain't one to ride out, not close to the water.

Can I ask for a friend of mine that is on hold. How did you keep free dining? Anything special said, done, department???

I see you had TA but any info you know is useful. Seems like more people today have been successful and yesterday hardly anyone got to keep it.

This was the response from my TA when I mentioned people keeping it.

"It seems like the rule is that as long as the dates fall within the original dates offered and the room is available that they will transfer the offer."

Hope this helps!

Well that's it folks. We caved. No trip for us. Best of luck to those stuck there.

This sucks.

I know the feeling we had amazing dining reservations lined up, our daughter's birthday panned for Sunday in Disney and the Halloween party. We cancelled last night and I'm still crying about it. We won't be making a trio to Disney until next July :eek:

If the 'new' forecast model track holds, I'm seriously considering telling work to shove it and leaving the state. My landlord won't board up our windows and I'm terrified of being in the house if there's roof or window damage. I don't have any friends or family in Florida, so if my house is damaged, I've got nowhere to go in the aftermath.

If the 'new' forecast model track holds, I'm seriously considering telling work to shove it and leaving the state. My landlord won't board up our windows and I'm terrified of being in the house if there's roof or window damage. I don't have any friends or family in Florida, so if my house is damaged, I've got nowhere to go in the aftermath.

I wish my husband's Aunt and Gram would leave they're in St Augustine and refuse to leave bc they have to work Saturday and Sunday. We told them to leave once we heard about the evacuation but they won't. Yet they begged us to cancel our trip. I pray they stay safe

Well, we came to the very difficult decision to cancel our Sept trip tonight. It has been stressing out our entire family and that just isn't fun.

We've rebooked for December....18th - 28th...our very first stay at Disney over Christmas! Time to re-set the countdown calculator.
That will be awesome!!!

I feel for you. If you decide to leave sooner rather than later since the highways are a mess already. Sending positive thoughts your way

If she's close enough to see Tampa Bay, she needs to get gone. Tampa and St. Pete were written about as one of the most vulnerable cities in the country to a hurricane -- based on the building and the areas around the bay. While it's unlikely the storm will push a surge into the bay, Add onto that if the storm keeps its current path, there's no way Tampa's airport stays open through Saturday morning, not of MCO is closing at 5 on Friday.

So if you're offering her advice, tell her to leave. Now. I'm not trying to fear monger or anything of the sort, but coastal residents should NOT mess around with this storm. We can debate the merits of going to WDW or staying in Orlando, but if you're close enough to see any part of. the ocean, you need to get gone. Just look at the pictures of the charter boats stacked up in the BVI. This ain't one to ride out, not close to the water.
Thank you. I think I just read the same article you are referencing and I sent it to her. It was scary to say the least. We're Canadian girls.. we know snowstorms. Hurricanes..not so much. BUT.. she's smart and she isn't looking to take risks, I think she's just trying to decide if they can make those flights. Obviously she doesn't want to leave her boyfriend. He's scheduled until Friday night in a critical care hospital. He's essential staff.

I did tell her I'd rather see her majorly inconvenienced than stuck in this storm and if she wanted my advice it was to pack up the dogs and leave now. She said she agreed with me. I think she's just terrified to leave her boyfriend behind.

Well, we came to the very difficult decision to cancel our Sept trip tonight. It has been stressing out our entire family and that just isn't fun.

We've rebooked for December....18th - 28th...our very first stay at Disney over Christmas! Time to re-set the countdown calculator.

Christmas in Disney will be exciting! We tried to rebook Disney around Christmas but it would add almost $3,000 to our current package we had alreadu paod for, for our Sept trip. Plus we'd have no dining reservations like we wanted.

Sorry you had to rebook but Christmas at Disney is amazing!!! Lots of fun things to plan!

This list is current as of 6:00 pm on Thursday, September 7, 2017. We will update this if any more cancellations and closings are announced.

Closures

• Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will closed Friday, September 8 and Saturday, September 9. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will remain open at this time.
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed Saturday, September 9 at 2:00 pm. In addition, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be canceled on Saturday September 9, Sunday September 10, and Monday September 11.
  • Disney’s Vero Beach on the east coast of Florida will be closing at 2:00 on Friday, September 8, 2017. No word on how Disney is handling the evacuation of its guests.
  • Orlando International Airport will stop flights on Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Orlando Sanford airport, will close at 5:15 pm on Saturday, September 9. Both airports have not stated when they will re-open. They will likely asses any damage and make that decision after the storm goes through Central Florida. If you have been affected with the airport closures, contact your airline for more information.
Cancellations

Disney has announced that the Night of Joy concerts at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex on September 9 has been cancelled. The Friday concerts planned for Friday, September 8 will still run as scheduled. Those guests with Night of Joy tickets for Saturday can attend Friday’s event instead by exchanging their tickets at the Wide World of Sports ticket office starting at 4:00 pm on Friday. Those who are not able to attend either night, may request a refund. Those requests for a full refund will be honored.

Also, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party has been cancelled for Sunday, September 10. The event will take place as planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests are invited to exchange their Sunday, September 10 ticket for one of the following options:

• Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
  • Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
  • 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next 2 years.
  • Receive a full refund for event tickets.
To redeem these offers, Guests should call (407) 939-7818 by January, 2018 between the hours of 7:00 am – 11:00 pm or email Disney at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Have your tickets available when contacting Disney.

5 PM advisory has come in. The pressure and miles per hour are the same. The track/cone has shifted slightly to the west.

Here is the latest Euro model prediction for 8AM Sunday morning:

ecmwf_mslp_uv850_seus_4-800x580.png

We are at MCO heading back to Germanyand I noticed no difference. MDE was on time ( we were thinking hige traffic to MCO nope ). Security short. All calm. Airport is closing sat evening. Lufthansa has cancelled flights sat, sun and mon. I wöuld say if you can avoid traveling these days. Still come.

We are at MCO heading back to Germanyand I noticed no difference. MDE was on time ( we were thinking hige traffic to MCO nope ). Security short. All calm. Airport is closing sat evening. Lufthansa has cancelled flights sat, sun and mon. I wöuld say if you can avoid traveling these days. Still come.
One more thing lifeguard at Beach club says pool will close sat morning. They have to move all chairs, lounged inside. That is a long job

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter