Hurricane Irma - Surprised where the Fantasy and Dream Are!!!

To repeat, RCCL, NCL and Carnival are such great humanitarians that they have to put out a press release and let everyone know about it... oh and if that increases their profits with the free advertising, then that's just a side effect? They have nothing better to do with their ships right now and they are burning fuel, which can now be written off, not as a loss, but a tax deduction and they get all this free advertising. Not saying they shouldn't be doing it and not saying it isn't laudable that they're doing it, but don't judge DCL, with their much smaller fleet, for not doing the same things.

Hmmmm, pretty cynical about every cruise line but Disney. I really don't see how you could know the motivation for these businesses.

RCCL has a link on their webpage to let their cruisers donate and they are matching, up to $1 million.

Disney put out a press release that they are donating $2.5m. I guess we can all speculate on their reasons for doing so.

Hmmmm, pretty cynical about every cruise line but Disney. I really don't see how you could know the motivation for these businesses.

RCCL has a link on their webpage to let their cruisers donate and they are matching, up to $1 million.

Disney put out a press release that they are donating $2.5m. I guess we can all speculate on their reasons for doing so.
It's not about being cynical. It's about tempering some of the comments that are comparing DCL with the others and passing judgement.

From the Disney Parks Blog Article:

“As millions of people now face the daunting challenge of putting their lives and communities back together in the wake of these historic hurricanes, they need our help,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. “We’re donating $2.5 million to support relief and recovery efforts in response to Hurricane Irma. This is in addition to nearly $16 million we raised after Hurricane Harvey to help ensure storm victims have the support needed to recover and rebuild.”

In addition, eligible Disney employee donations to qualified organizations involved in the Hurricane Irma relief effort will be matched dollar for dollar by Disney Employee Matching Gifts: A Program of The Walt Disney Company Foundation.

During Hurricane Irma, Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line donated meals, provided storage for supplies and power-utility vehicles, donated bedding to shelters, and made rooms available for first responders. Disney will also be donating goods and services throughout the region as other needs are identified."

They didn't just raise $2.5 million for Hurricane Irma. They raised $16 million for Harvey. They will be also matching any donation that Disney employees give to a certain organization. So, that amount might be more. I think the last paragraph shows how much more they have gone above and beyond as well.

It's not about being cynical. It's about tempering some of the comments that are comparing DCL with the others and passing judgement.

Well, I guess, we will have to agree to disagree about your post.

But in schooling someone on passing judgement, you did so yourself. You could have easily explained to the writer of the post without your assumptions about the other cruise lines.

I think we should be thankful that those cruise lines with more ships and the ability to help people with supplies and evacuation should be applauded rather than attacked.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter