Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

I wanted to follow up on my MNSSHP ticket that I had for 29 Sept. (I was able to cancel my trip before the hurricane came through, but this is one thing that I hadn't yet addressed)

Anyway, I noticed Disney posted this message: "If you purchased Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets for the event on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022 directly from Disney using a credit card, debit card or Disney Rewards Card, a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Please note: refunds may take longer to appear on your statement depending on your financial institution. If you purchased directly from Disney using another method of payment or your purchase included other products, please contact us. "

I looked at my CC and found that the ticket had already been refunded on 28 Sept.

Nothing confirmed for a re-opening yet, but rumors seem to pointing toward being closed until at least the 6th - 9th ... and could be longer ???
I don’t know if they would end up moving you, but both campsites and cabins are available to book for next weekend.

I don’t know if they would end up moving you, but both campsites and cabins are available to book for next weekend.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Disney will be doing all they can to get things open by Columbus Day weekend (next weekend). We haven't seen any pictures of how Ft Wilderness has fared, but even beyond the accommodations of the cabins and campsites, you also have the Hoop De Doo and activity reservations that are affected as well.

If the Fort's opening gets delayed past next week, then that be be a strong sign that it took a historic hit from a flooding / damage standpoint.

Very frustrating that Disney is not giving more details. We have a long stay at the cabins starting on the 15th. Guest services says that for now, our reservation stands and that they are re-accommodating those with bookings in the next few days. They say cleanup is ongoing and it could take 3-5 days or more, but no information can be provided.

There is no availability at any other resort for all our dates and when I ask what Disney would do, Guest services just says inventory management would find us something. But honestly, I felt that Guest Services just wanted to get rid of me and finish the call. Worst attitude I have gotten from a cast member, ever. And yes, I was very polite, asked how they were, etc etc etc.

It does seem that in two weeks things should be fixed, or so we hope. But it would be great to know what the state of the damages were …

I also asked him to tell guests to bring in their balcony furniture. He said he would bring it up in the executive meeting because they hadn’t thought of that. To his credit, he was embarrassed.
At the Poly, they came room to room and brought the patio furniture in for us.

Very frustrating that Disney is not giving more details. We have a long stay at the cabins starting on the 15th. Guest services says that for now, our reservation stands and that they are re-accommodating those with bookings in the next few days. They say cleanup is ongoing and it could take 3-5 days or more, but no information can be provided.

There is no availability at any other resort for all our dates and when I ask what Disney would do, Guest services just says inventory management would find us something. But honestly, I felt that Guest Services just wanted to get rid of me and finish the call. Worst attitude I have gotten from a cast member, ever. And yes, I was very polite, asked how they were, etc etc etc.

It does seem that in two weeks things should be fixed, or so we hope. But it would be great to know what the state of the damages were …

There's never an excuse for making a guest feel bad, of course, but you can't expect them to provide information they haven't been given. If they think clean-up will be 3-5 days, is there some reason you are doubting that?

Hopefully there is room inventory ear-marked for guests that might have to move. I wouldn't expect them to have room available to book if they knew there might be some population that needs to be moved.

There's never an excuse for making a guest feel bad, of course, but you can't expect them to provide information they haven't been given. If they think clean-up will be 3-5 days, is there some reason you are doubting that?

Hopefully there is room inventory ear-marked for guests that might have to move. I wouldn't expect them to have room available to book if they knew there might be some population that needs to be moved.
I can be wrong, but my impression is that they do have information and are just unwilling to share; Disney has an issue with saying anything that might resemble as negative to their operations (even if by force of nature, which is completely understandable!).

To me it just feels like the classic rolling delays at airports, when companies know they will have to re-accommodate people and just wait for the very last moment, when options are scarce and some people are left without options. I wanted to be proactive because of the length of our stay and they were unwilling to cooperate. In my view, having inventory management find a room for a 3-5 day stay is very different from finding a 15-day stay ...

But I hope I am wrong and that in a few days the resort is up and running again.

We had a stay for the 4th- 9th in our camper at the fort. They called us today and eventually moved us to old key west for now. I’m concerned because after looking online we saw they have a no pet policy but we have our two chihuahuas with us since we are camping. (Were camping) they didn’t ask about pets and it never went through my mind to even bring that up. Has anyone else had experience with this? I’m not sure what to do, and I also don’t want to mess up all the work they just did to move us 🤷🏻‍♀️
Pets won't be allowed at OKW due to it being DVC. None of the DVC resorts allow pets. Pets are allowed at Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, and Yacht Club. So you probably are going to have to call and try to get moved to one of those.

Pets won't be allowed at OKW due to it being DVC. None of the DVC resorts allow pets. Pets are allowed at Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, and Yacht Club. So you probably are going to have to call and try to get moved to one of those.
They specifically told us NOT to call because they have a special team assigned to reassignments and none of the numbers we have to call will reach that team

My question is..why is the Relocation Team moving campers from pet-friendly FW to DVC without asking about pets? :rolleyes:

@serenitygr, I will PM you the relocation number they gave me last year for All Star Sports. Not sure if it will work, but it might.

Ok-after some phone calls and them checking- old key west will accept pets in cases like this. Just in case everyone else has the same question!
I hope for your sake they are sure about that. Because everything I've read for DVC is no pets unless service animals, even, apparently, during hurricanes. So I hope they had the correct information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter