Hurricane Dorian and Irma

I hope you didn’t cancel your Villa for Dorian. They now have it skirting the coast and going to the Carolinas.

I did cancel as most of the family did not want to go

interesting development - my sister now wants to go and there is availability....but the rest of the family is out....hmmmmm

Sept 1 - Dinner at WDW
Sept 2 - MNSSHP
Sept 3 - F&W

Feeling a bit better about the forecast this morning. It looks like we could still lose power but it’s definitely not as worrisome as yesterday. It looks like Orlando will be just fine.

I did cancel as most of the family did not want to go

interesting development - my sister now wants to go and there is availability....but the rest of the family is out....hmmmmm

Sept 1 - Dinner at WDW
Sept 2 - MNSSHP
Sept 3 - F&W

Sounds like you don't need a GV anymore - but I guarantee there is availability! I'd go!

It looks like Orlando will be just fine.

Not necessarily. Some models are still showing the east edge of the hurricane (which is MASSIVE) clipping the coast of FL, with winds as high as 70-80 mph reaching inland locations like Orlando. Damaging winds and flooding is still a possibility for Orlando.

Indian River county issued mandatory evacuation orders for everyone east of US 1 starting tomorrow at 8 am. That includes the Vero resort.

I decided to stay home and not go to Disney....too much risk for me as I am technically still in the Cone of Death of the storm, at least until it turns north (hopefully)

I decided to stay home and not go to Disney....too much risk for me as I am technically still in the Cone of Death of the storm, at least until it turns north (hopefully)

This stupid thing better turn north. We are in the cone, too. :(

It looks like Castaway Cay is getting hammered right now. I doubt any cruises will stop there for a while.

The problem is Castaway Cay has no place to bring in new virgin beach sand from easily without having to dredge it up from the sea floor or by barges. Where as Vero Beach Resort has it trucked in from Fellsmere. I've been awoken many mornings by D-6 bulldozers filling in new sand in front of the Beach Cottages at 7 a.m.. I guess the beaches being eroded away are the least of our worries, we could have to rebuild the cottages themselves if this monster comes ashore @VBR!!!

In 2017, I planned a family reunion at VGF in a GV and booked it 7 months in advance and was there Sept 10-11, 2017 and planned MNSSHP and guess what - Hurricane Irma hit florida, WDW was shut down, MNSSHP was cancelled, and most restaurants and services at VGF were closed.

Now in 2019, I planned the same exact family reunion, booked VGF in a GV about 7 months in advance, booked MNSSHP for Sept 2 and guess what, Hurricane Dorian is now scheduled to hit Orlando on that same dates and there is a possibility of the same thing happening again.

Why me????

Well, here we go again, I have a HUGE family and friends (30+ people coming) event planned for this week Sept 27-28 at VGF and BLT and guess what.....Hurricane Ian is heading towards Disney again and may dramatically alter my plans......lucky me.

Well, here we go again, I have a HUGE family and friends (30+ people coming) event planned for this week Sept 27-28 at VGF and BLT and guess what.....Hurricane Ian is heading towards Disney again and may dramatically alter my plans......lucky me.
Oh I am so sorry. Sounds like the luck I would have. We are set to cruise on the Fantasy Oct 15th. We may end up with the same luck. 😞

Oh no! This is the big trip you had mentioned to me last year!!! Eek. Good luck. Hoping for a westward turn and no cancelled flights in (but very low crowds)

Oh no! This is the big trip you had mentioned to me last year!!! Eek. Good luck. Hoping for a westward turn and no cancelled flights in (but very low crowds)

Yes, I booked this trip and about 15 rooms (lots of points) 11 months ago to celebrate my birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter