Hump rooms on Dream?

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Just booked first Disney Cruise on the Dream for Aug. 22. The veranda rooms we chose on deck 8 were on the what looks like the "hump" of the ship. I know on many cruise lines these are nice rooms as either the balcony is a bit larger - or the view is nice as you're actually a bit further out. But wasn't sure if there was anything special about these on the Dream. Don't really care if there's anything which is a plus so much as wanted to make sure there isn't anything negative about them the way the ship is built.

Anyone have any insight?

Just booked first Disney Cruise on the Dream for Aug. 22. The veranda rooms we chose on deck 8 were on the what looks like the "hump" of the ship. I know on many cruise lines these are nice rooms as either the balcony is a bit larger - or the view is nice as you're actually a bit further out. But wasn't sure if there was anything special about these on the Dream. Don't really care if there's anything which is a plus so much as wanted to make sure there isn't anything negative about them the way the ship is built.

Anyone have any insight?
Too my knowledge, there are no bump-out rooms on deck 8. There are a few extended balconies and specific rooms at the back of the ship, but most rooms on the regular floors have the same layout and size. The only real bump-out rooms are on deck 11, but those are concierge staterooms with enclosed balconies.

Maybe they are thinking the deluxe family rooms are hump. But they are actually hump into the ship since the interior square footage is larger than other rooms because many can sleep 5. The verandah space is the same as any others. The only bump out rooms on the Dream are a handful of concierge rooms. Larger balconies are found on those rooms, concierge suites, and 4e staterooms (deck 5 and the rear facing aft rooms).

This is the veranda in a ”hump“ concierge room on Dream. 12510.
I think it is only this deck.

View attachment 566654

Yes, I also thought that the extended verandahs were only on deck 12 - at least the OPEN ones. Deck 11 has some but they’re at least partially enclosed, I believe. The extended verandahs are really nice! We stayed in 12008 and had one. Loved it!

Do you think they mean the aft rooms that have extended verandahs on the back of the ship?

A little more clarification please on your definition of hump room (room number).

I'm in 8150. On the deck plan, there's a slight hump on each side of the ship (8150 is nearly in the middle of that hump) I know on some ships I've sailed on those rooms extend slightly further out than others on that deck (no larger - just extended out a bit) and create a nice view (conversely if you're directly on one side of the hump the extended rooms slightly block your view fore or aft).

Not sure what that hump is on the Dream or if it affects your balcony view in any way.

View attachment 566654

Yes - this room is on the same positioning that I was referring to looking at the deck plan (just the "hump" further fore and a few decks up but same thing I was talking about). Was there anything noticable. Being that no one else has mentioned anything my guess is there is no difference that affects a view but let me know if you noticed anything.

I'm in 8150. On the deck plan, there's a slight hump on each side of the ship (8150 is nearly in the middle of that hump) I know on some ships I've sailed on those rooms extend slightly further out than others on that deck (no larger - just extended out a bit) and create a nice view (conversely if you're directly on one side of the hump the extended rooms slightly block your view fore or aft).

Not sure what that hump is on the Dream or if it affects your balcony view in any way.
That “hump” is only there on the decks where it shows on the deck plan and not on the main stateroom decks underneath. Your room has a regular verandah.

I think it would help if you look at the full ship deckplan here https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-crui...ntasy-2022-deck-plan-stateroom-categories.pdf

The hump you are talking about only exists on decks 11 and up—in the Cabanas and Palo/Remy restaurants that would be directly above room 8150. The staterooms on deck 8 have no hump—the ship is straight sided on that floor. So you might get extra shade on the cabana from the overhang above, but there is no difference in room or verandah size or shape.

Yes - this room is on the same positioning that I was referring to looking at the deck plan (just the "hump" further fore and a few decks up but same thing I was talking about). Was there anything noticable. Being that no one else has mentioned anything my guess is there is no difference that affects a view but let me know if you noticed anything.
I agree with what others have stated. It only affects concierge staterooms on decks 11 and 12, and only the verandas.

There are some 4E rooms on Deck 5 that have oversized verandahs like the "hump" rooms on Deck 11 & 12. 5150 & 5650 are huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!