HS strategy now that everything is tier 1

Yes. I think it's to keep bodies in lines so it's not over crowded. I am hoping it helps actually and I'm also hoping that the EMH gives us all the opportunity to enjoy all the big rides without lines before the non resort guests get there!

I suppose the three hours of EEMH will compensate somewhat.

I suppose it`s not possible to book only one or two FPs at DHS, burn those, then get another tier one FP?

I suppose the three hours of EEMH will compensate somewhat.

I suppose it`s not possible to book only one or two FPs at DHS, burn those, then get another tier one FP?

Not also at DHS. You may find Post #8 of the FP FAQ helpful.

OK, so maybe this has been posted, but didn't see it in the last page or so of discussion.

Possible strategy to try given the FPP tiering after open.

Arrive for EEMM and head straight to Falcon.
Ride what else you can or check out all of GE until about 10.

FPP:
Star Tours 9 am - use around 945.
FPP for any show that starts around 10. Burn the FPP...watch the show or don't, but as soon as you tap...
Refresh your T1 FPP (get whatever your can for 11) and move it up if you can. if it is not SDD, you may find you are able to since they are ALL T1.
Use your T1 ASAP and then start refrshing all the T1's. Get as many as you can before most have used their 3rd and start to do the same.

With a little luck, you may be able to do most of the headlines before lunch, get out of dodge and enjoy another park.

OK, so maybe this has been posted, but didn't see it in the last page or so of discussion.

FPP:
FPP for any show that starts around 10. Burn the FPP...watch the show or don't, but as soon as you tap...
Refresh your T1 FPP (get whatever your can for 11) and move it up if you can. if it is not SDD, you may find you are able to since they are ALL T1.
Use your T1 ASAP and then start refrshing all the T1's. Get as many as you can before most have used their 3rd and start to do the same.

With a little luck, you may be able to do most of the headlines before lunch, get out of dodge and enjoy another park.

It would be easier to have the tier 1 as the first FP because other rides/shows will be easier to move up.

I read some posts in FP+ threads. We can book three FPs at DHS (and at the other parks), then get a tier one as a fourth FP (after using the first three) correct?

I think you might find the first ten of the FAQ informative. The answer to this question, also covered there, is yes.

FPP:

Get a 9AM tier 1 (ideally SDD). Get Muppet Vision as soon as your in line. As soon as your in to the Muppet Vision room get a FP for the 9:40 Disney Jr Dance Party. You'll be free and clear by 10AM.

FPP:

Get a 9AM tier 1 (ideally SDD). Get Muppet Vision as soon as your in line. As soon as your in to the Muppet Vision room get a FP for the 9:40 Disney Jr Dance Party. You'll be free and clear by 10AM.

The earliest SDD I could book today at 60+4 for Sep 12th was 525p(ish) for 3 people. Later on I decided to switch it for later with a different plan and the earliest was around 7p. I wouldn't count on same day SDD.

I arrive Sept 14th so my FP day is Tues July 16th and I usually know long before now what days I’m doing what and what FPS I’m going for but HS is completely throwing me off and I’m having a hard time planning. So I have 4 days to get my butt in gear and get this figured out.

When RNR used to be tier 1 at least TOT was tier 2 and made it easier with the planning. I get the reasoning for it but it makes the planning a little bit harder.

I’m getting prepared for my fp picks. Our strategy is 6 am arrival. My thought is to go straight to TSL and do that first if I’m able to secure a GE VQ. Is there definitely going to be a VQ for GE or is that just a supposition? Next question: my favorite ride is ToT. Would you go for SDD or ToT? I would like to get my 3 FPS out of the way ASAP and go for more. Do you think ToT would be easier to get for later in the afternoon? We will be an adult party if 3. Thanks!

I arrive Sept 14th so my FP day is Tues July 16th and I usually know long before now what days I’m doing what and what FPS I’m going for but HS is completely throwing me off and I’m having a hard time planning. So I have 4 days to get my butt in gear and get this figured out.

When RNR used to be tier 1 at least TOT was tier 2 and made it easier with the planning. I get the reasoning for it but it makes the planning a little bit harder.
We arrive 9/14 too and our FP day is also Tuesday! We changed our plans and moved our DHS day to 60+8 day on 9/21 instead of 60+3 9/16. We are really hoping for SDD for our tier 1 FP, so hopefully we have good luck that later in the trip. This is the only park day that was stressing me out with FP's and I am glad I was able to switch and move one of multiple MK days and Crystal Palace breakfast ADR to 9/16 for the same time we had on 9/21. Good luck to you with your FP's on Tuesday!

...Next question: my favorite ride is ToT. Would you go for SDD or ToT? I would like to get my 3 FPS out of the way ASAP and go for more. Do you think ToT would be easier to get for later in the afternoon? We will be an adult party if 3. Thanks!
It is highly unlikely you will get an SDD day of, so I'd do that as my FP+, but I would bet $5 that if you rope drop TSL and then run to ToT and RnR, you'll be done with all 5 ride before 8AM.

I wish we were going during the time we know there will be 6 a.m. EMH, so at least we could plan accordingly. But we dont go until the end of December, so we don't know what GE will do to DHS hours/EMH. :confused::badpc:

I am at DW from Aug 25-Sept 3 (booked before the announcement of SWGE), and I have two DHS days. The first is Aug 28, which I have booked EMM for that morning, and then still have access to the good tier setup, so I have FP for TOT, RnRC, and because we won't get enough of it, TSM. I could not get a SDD on this day, but we have EMM so that's fine.

Specifically related to the new tiers, our second day at HS is on Sunday, Sept 1, the first EEMH and has the new tiers. So we currently are planning to arrive for that, but still deciding how early we need to be there. I want to be able to get into SWGE and get on the MFSR, but also willing to see if the Virtual Queue is implemented at DW, and will book that if we are not fast enough. I have a FP for SDD at 12, Star Tours 1:40, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid is 2:40. I wanted to give myself enough time to get through SWGE before my FP started. It is hard to plan, because it is the first EEMH and we can't be sure how it will play out, so I am hoping that that first FP for SDD is not too early and that I lose my one tier 1 ride!

I'll be there during the first week of September. My plan as of now is to do EMH and RD ToT and RnR then head to SWGE. We have a FP for a show right after park opening that we're gonna skip, and then FP for SDD around 10:30.

I feel like my strategy was winging it. We're going 8/24-9/1, booked before SWGE news and kind of bummed how it's affected my decisions.

We ended up with two HS days; my son is 8 and cares almost nothing for Star Wars or Toy Story, but just missed the 48"height for RRC on our last trip. That's his top priority at HS, but he has seen video of TSL and seems interested, with GE looking like something we'll just see in the future.

First day is Monday, 8/26, 60+3, I have morning FPPs for RRC, ST, and Alien Swirling Saucers (are we abbreviating that ***?) No SDD to be had at all that day.

The second HS day is, gasp, THursday, 8/29, 60+6. We are going to a waterpark in the AM/day, originally planning to avoid all parks. But then I figured I'd look at what was free that night and lo, an SDD at 8:15 came up. And so, it looks like I'll be HS on GE opening day. We'll see.

I'm more concerned now for our February trip with friends who LOVE Star Wars and how we'll ever get 5 FPPs to rides we all like.

Slinky Dog is our first priority for a fast pass. We like the present Star Tours and may even skip Galaxy's Edge. At Rope Drop probably head for Toy Story Mania and just wait like everyone for the rest.

For those going in early Sept who've booked their FP+, has having all the headliners in Tier 1 made SDD any easier to get?

For those going in early Sept who've booked their FP+, has having all the headliners in Tier 1 made SDD any easier to get?
No. It's still very hard especially if you want an AM FP. At 60+5 I still couldn't get an AM time so I'll just worry about that one day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter