HRH - renovations - stick or switch

wmoon

DIS Veteran
Hi
We are hopefully back at Universal in February after what seems like a lifetime.
We have Hard Rock booked for the first 4 nights and Sapphire Falls for the last 3.
Been reading some negative feedback about the impact of the renovations and wondering if we should stick or try and switch to one of the other 2 express pass hotels?
I was feeling fine about it as they’d said they’d try to keep guest rooms away for renovations but not sure in practise that’s what’s happening.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Following. I have a reservation for March and I'll be traveling with my 2-year-old daughter who still needs an afternoon nap. I'm sticking with my reservation for the moment. When I called to make the final payment for the vacation package, I thought about changing overt to RP, but the TM told me the renovations involve roof and façade and they are blocking rooms being serviced. Very interested in real life reports...

Following. I have a reservation for March and I'll be traveling with my 2-year-old daughter who still needs an afternoon nap. I'm sticking with my reservation for the moment. When I called to make the final payment for the vacation package, I thought about changing overt to RP, but the TM told me the renovations involve roof and façade and they are blocking rooms being serviced. Very interested in real life reports...

More than happy to report back on our experience.

We were there in late December and specifically requested a room with no scafolding. It was no problem. The exterior washing/painting did not affect our stay at all - I did not notice any interior work going on.

Any idea when the renovations are scheduled to complete? We have a reservation in early April, but would consider switching to PBH...

Any idea when the renovations are scheduled to complete? We have a reservation in early April, but would consider switching to PBH...

They`ll be finished by September this year.

The Kitchen however, is being worked on from mid April till mid July 2022 and there may be some noise in some areas of the hotel which will predominantly be Monday-Friday 8am till 5pm.

They`ll be finished by September this year.

The Kitchen however, is being worked on from mid April till mid July 2022 and there may be some noise in some areas of the hotel which will predominantly be Monday-Friday 8am till 5pm.

Does this mean that The Kitchen will be closed? Or just parts of it? We love eating there and it is one of the reasons we stay at Hard Rock.

Does this mean that The Kitchen will be closed? Or just parts of it? We love eating there and it is one of the reasons we stay at Hard Rock.

I believe breakfast, lunch and dinner will still be offered, and will be served between the Velvet Bar, Avalon Ballroom and I think the lower lobby.

Guests booked should receive an email to let them know these details.

I believe breakfast, lunch and dinner will still be offered, and will be served between the Velvet Bar, Avalon Ballroom and I think the lower lobby.

Guests booked should receive an email to let them know these details.
Thanks for the quick response. We have food allergies and the staff at The Kitchen did a wonderful job meeting our needs.

We just returned from 5 nights, and the construction did not bother us at all. During online check in I did request “quiet location, away from construction if possible.” We could see scaffolding on the section across from us, and we walked past some of it on the way to the parks. No big deal to us. They work from 9-6, so I guess you may have some noise if you’re trying to rest during the day, but we were barely ever there during those hours. Spent one day by the pool, could see painters working in the distance, but no noticeable noise.

I got this email a little over a week ago, FYI. I'm going in May.

We Are Excited for Your Visit to Hard Rock Hotel® at Universal Orlando Resort.
Legendary rock stars are always evolving and so is Hard Rock Hotel®. During your stay, there are some enhancements taking place that we’d like to make you aware of. We will be replacing the hotel’s roof, and refurbishing and painting the hotel’s exterior. The work will be limited to one section at a time and will occur from 9am – 6pm. The Kitchen restaurant will also undergo renovations beginning April 18. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will still be regularly served the rock star way at other locations within the hotel.

These renovations are being done to amp up the vibe for our guests. Your stay at Hard Rock Hotel® will continue to rock, with exclusive theme park benefits including free** Universal Express Unlimited ride access to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions at Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure (valid theme park admission required) and Early Park Admission*(select attractions; valid theme park admission required).

We just left. I requested a room away from construction, not really away from it all.
We arrived Saturday and we could see our part had some scaffolding and by the time we left yesterday it was all the way up our section.
That said it didn’t really impact. If we were back during the day we could hear it but generally it didn’t start till after we were out and was done by 5.30.
We are now at Sapphire which a much nicer view and no noise at all.

I got this email a little over a week ago, FYI. I'm going in May.

We Are Excited for Your Visit to Hard Rock Hotel® at Universal Orlando Resort.
Legendary rock stars are always evolving and so is Hard Rock Hotel®. During your stay, there are some enhancements taking place that we’d like to make you aware of. We will be replacing the hotel’s roof, and refurbishing and painting the hotel’s exterior. The work will be limited to one section at a time and will occur from 9am – 6pm. The Kitchen restaurant will also undergo renovations beginning April 18. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will still be regularly served the rock star way at other locations within the hotel.

These renovations are being done to amp up the vibe for our guests. Your stay at Hard Rock Hotel® will continue to rock, with exclusive theme park benefits including free** Universal Express Unlimited ride access to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions at Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure (valid theme park admission required) and Early Park Admission*(select attractions; valid theme park admission required).
I got this too. Also in May

Heading there in April and was wondering the same thing. We aren't in the room much during the day other than a brief midday break before hitting the pool. Is it worth switching to RPR? We've stayed at both and are fine with either just don't want the hassle of dealing with construction if it will impact us in any way.

Thanks!

Heading there in April and was wondering the same thing. We aren't in the room much during the day other than a brief midday break before hitting the pool. Is it worth switching to RPR? We've stayed at both and are fine with either just don't want the hassle of dealing with construction if it will impact us in any way.

Thanks!
I’d say there wasn’t really much impact. A bit noisy when we were back one afternoon. We didn’t have a great view anyway so no big deal with the scaffolding. Even still it did annoy me a wee bit.

So are all the outside renovations done now and what’s happening now are the room refurbs?

I haven’t kept up on HRH and am excited to be staying there again later this year!

So are all the outside renovations done now and what’s happening now are the room refurbs?

I haven’t kept up on HRH and am excited to be staying there again later this year!

Their announcement below on several medias.... :thumbsup2

Hard Rock Hotel will undergo renovations to their guest rooms and bathrooms as well as guest corridors and elevator landings from June 2023 to May 2024 to amp up the experience for guests. During this time, all common areas of the hotel will be available for guest use and work will be limited to business hours 9.00am – 6.00pm. These renovations are being done one section at a time and will not be visible to guests, but from time to time, there may be noise.

So work not visible to guests.
Definitely worth the price point we got for September then.
🤞🏻for an already updated room 🙂.

I am so excited to get back to UO. It’s just been so long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter