How's the rollout of MagicMobile going?

gwensgoofy

Mouseketeer
We are arriving in May, and at least at this point are planning to do the trip without magic bands....the cheap part of me refuses to pay for something we've always had for free. I've dowloaded the "pass" on my phone, and I've got the MDE app on my phone, but if MagicMobile isn't working well yet, I'm going to bite my tongue and order the bands. So what has been your experience with MagicMobile (for those arriving after 3.31?

We are arriving in May, and at least at this point are planning to do the trip without magic bands....the cheap part of me refuses to pay for something we've always had for free. I've dowloaded the "pass" on my phone, and I've got the MDE app on my phone, but if MagicMobile isn't working well yet, I'm going to bite my tongue and order the bands. So what has been your experience with MagicMobile (for those arriving after 3.31?
Do you have older MBs from previous trips? They should still work.

Sorry, no experience with MaMo. I'm an android user.

I'm sticking with MagicBands. I don't want to have to dig out my phone to open my door or scan at park entrance. It just seems like Bands would be more convenient for me.
I have an Apple Watch, so I’m looking forward to testing it out in June. I’ll have a puck in a watch slider, though, just in case!

Used both phone and Apple Watch. If you bring magic band and either of those it feels kind of redundant if you aren't charging things to your room. Did find a small issue if you have more than one ticket/pass or share your ticket with others to have on their devices. We had to go into the Wallet app and make sure our personal ticket/pass is prioritized as first when we scan at the touchstyles.

I guess I am confused. I downloaded and saved to Apple wallet all members of our party, now what? Many times while in the parks we split up. How will this work if they are on my MDE and want to split from us do they all sign in to my account or what? How does it know person A from person B so to speak. I think for now we will stick with the Magic Bands..smjj

I have an Apple Watch, so I’m looking forward to testing it out in June. I’ll have a puck in a watch slider, though, just in case!
My Apple Watch is too old. Needs to be a Series 3 or later and mine is (technically) a Series 0. I'll probably alternate between my iPhone and a MagicBand.

My Apple Watch is too old. Needs to be a Series 3 or later and mine is (technically) a Series 0. I'll probably alternate between my iPhone and a MagicBand.
I’m fortunate to have a series 5 watch. But if I didn’t have a watch that would work, I’d probably just continue with a MB puck in a Magic Keeper on a lanyard or a watch band slider. A lot more convenient to tap my wrist than get out the phone to tap.

I go down in May and have been trying to add my pass to my wallet on my iPhone but I get an error every time. Just irritating...I don't plan on using it but want to see how it works.

Waiting for this to roll out for android. Hopefully the iPhone version works out the bugs. Don't expect to see it for April, but probably for our October trip.

I go down in May and have been trying to add my pass to my wallet on my iPhone but I get an error every time. Just irritating...I don't plan on using it but want to see how it works.
Do you have a PIN and Face/Touch ID setup to unlock your iPhone?

Do you have a credit card saved to your wallet? Updated MDE and iOS? I’ve read of all those things being the issue.

Do you have a credit card saved to your wallet? Updated MDE and iOS? I’ve read of all those things being the issue.
Updated iOS and have version 6.14 of MDE. I have a credit card tied to my DIsney account but not my apple wallet.

Updated iOS and have version 6.14 of MDE. I have a credit card tied to my DIsney account but not my apple wallet.
Somewhere in this thread or maybe a different one, someone posted that they found out they needed to link a cc to their wallet before it would let them link the MM pass.

Has anyone been successful using their watch in express mode like you can your phone? Does that work or do you have to pull the pass up on your watch like you do a payment method for it to work?

If express mode works on your watch and you just have to hold up your watch without having to bring it up or turn it on that would be fabulous. Then it really is a magic band.

This is something I would say to everyone, I wish I could use my watch. So finally the day came!!! Loaded my card on too my apple wallet and off I went to EPCOT. When I got to the entrance and put my watch by the scanner, it scanned it like a magic band would work . No pushing buttons to activate like a credit card, just worked. So love it!!! Just a nice option not to have to bring a magic band with you ,or if you forgot to bring your band...Thanks for making life just a little bit easier..

This is something I would say to everyone, I wish I could use my watch. So finally the day came!!! Loaded my card on too my apple wallet and off I went to EPCOT. When I got to the entrance and put my watch by the scanner, it scanned it like a magic band would work . No pushing buttons to activate like a credit card, just worked. So love it!!! Just a nice option not to have to bring a magic band with you ,or if you forgot to bring your band...Thanks for making life just a little bit easier..

This is fabulous. Can’t wait to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter