How would you improve your Disney resort experience?

Wow, this is a good question but I feel like for me/my family here's what would make our Disney resort stays even more enjoyable-

1. Free parking for resort guests (won't happen, just throwing that out there)
2. Renovations- make it a corporate policy that only one resort per category (val/mod/del) can be under major construction at a time. And when a resort is under construction, the room rates should reflect this (not just give them a trading pin and call it even or a gift card). Guests are paying a premium even at these resorts with significant construction going on and it's not right to charge rack rate knowing that you will see the mess, hear the mess and not get the full amenities associated with your resort.
3. Keep the unique disney feel theming in the rooms (mostly noticeable at the recently reno'ed rooms). They are stark white and devoid of all theming- they look like a room at the hilton. Blah. Bring back the unique furniture pieces specially made for Disney, the cool shower curtains, the little touches that make the rooms feel magical.
4. Add a new exciting benefit to guests choosing to stay onsite- Not sure exactly what that is, but I feel like since we're getting nailed with parking fees, they need to throw something at us that doesn't really "cost" Disney much money but is a benefit. Maybe one more FP+ or a window freebie FP+ w/ limitations for a ride tier but something that's more flexible. Haven't fully thought that through yet but a lot of the other benefits we already get we should get because as resort guests we are already paying a premium for. Maybe a discount on a Minnie Van, a small discount on resort items in the shops, 5% something to reward you for staying.
5. Check in goodies/events going on-When we stayed at Poly years -years ago, I recall leis being given out, and CM welcoming you from the car and bringing you to check in. It was similar to the fuss they make when you board a Disney Cruise. I know there isn't enough staff to go around as it is, but it's such a neat thing as a little kid to see that (or as an adult) since you wouldn't get that anywhere else. It's not super costly but just need the staff to make it happen.

Staying on property is magical for us and special but there are so many more ways Disney could enhance the experience.

Well
1. Don't charge me for parking a car which will sit in the lot unused for 10 days.
2. Make the room Disney again. A few years ago you could identify what resort you were at by the drapes, bedspreads, etc now they all look bland and lifeless. Probably saves some bean counter a few cents per room.
3. Do something for us poor schmucks who spend about twice as much to stay onsite.

Can't think of anything that really stands out but I do miss the days when they used to recognize return visitors. I'm not sure if it was just in the deluxe resorts, since that was the only place we used to stay in the old days, but there would be a little disney figure in your room, just a tiny one nothing big or expensive but I collected about 5 of them over the years. Now, they ask you about 10 times if it's your first stay, which they know since it's in MDE but they don't recognize if you are a returning guest.

Microwaves in the rooms. It's ridiculous that you pay $200, $300, $500+ a night and don't have a freaking microwave.

Characters. Once upon a time, there were characters in the lobbies of all the resorts in the morning to send you off to the parks.

Cost. It has become prohibitive to stay onsite.

This is depressing... hearing about the service that a guest used to receive at Old Disney... :(

We were very fortunate to have a Mousekeeper at POFQ who happily created towel animals and set up DD's toys in the room in fun situations.

This is depressing... hearing about the service that a guest used to receive at Old Disney... :(

We were very fortunate to have a Mousekeeper at POFQ who happily created towel animals and set up DD's toys in the room in fun situations.
I know they aren't supposed to anymore but on our last trip I tipped $5 a day ( I was born poor its a compulsion) and every day from the 2nd to the 12th we got towel animals. And once we did come back to find Mickey holding the remote and about 13 plushies around him watching tv (Disney channel of course)

It will never happen, but I would love it if your reservation allowed you to select online an open room in your booking category when making a reservation (or even just at check-in), so that you knew in advance where you might be placed in the resort. If I'd known we were going to pay $$$$ to stay at Copper Creek Villas and end up on the first floor I would have switched resorts and saved the money. I know somebody has to have that room, but it was awful for my young daughter to deal with the light/noise outside the room while sleeping. A higher floor would have made the stay so much more enjoyable.

Stricter enforcement of resort specific amenities. The magic bands by the pool are a start, but I'd go a step farther.
Bring back "Disney" rooms rather than generic stark ones.
Parking lots just for resort guests vs dining guests. (Maybe parking validation?) And free parking for overnight resort guests.
Give people some incentive to actually stay on-site, other than proximity. Extra FP, earlier access to dining and experience reservations, SOMETHING!!!!

This is a great question:

1. return magical mousekeeping (I tip well! a towel animal or moving a stuffy wouldn't kill them!)

2. An extra FP+ for onsite guests would lure me back onsite more often

3. improve bus service

4. characters at the resorts

5. Disney up the rooms a little bit! especially at the deluxes, the disney touches are lacking.

6. enforce policies! the no smoking policy only works if there are consequences when people smoke....

7. no parking fees

It will never happen, but I would love it if your reservation allowed you to select online an open room in your booking category when making a reservation (or even just at check-in), so that you knew in advance where you might be placed in the resort. If I'd known we were going to pay $$$$ to stay at Copper Creek Villas and end up on the first floor I would have switched resorts and saved the money. I know somebody has to have that room, but it was awful for my young daughter to deal with the light/noise outside the room while sleeping. A higher floor would have made the stay so much more enjoyable.

I think that is a GREAT idea!! It could be like preselecting seats on an airplane when you book, but with a hotel room instead. That would be awesome!

Adding more buses to the resort/park route would be a huge improvement! There's nothing worse than having to wait to be crammed onto an overcrowded bus at the end of a long park day.

I would also love to see the addition of park security checkpoints at each of the resorts (such as the ones at the monorail resorts) to shorten the security lines at parks themselves.

Reinstate free parking!

Better soundproofing in rooms.

Room pricing is way out of whack with industry.

Ticket increases getting crazy

Bring back decent bus service. Last visit 30 min waits were the norm for all 10 days, so they can’t say bus service runs every 20 min anymore. And bring back direct water park bus.

Get rid of the useless security checks.

New rooms look like they are from Ikea. Lost any small Disney touches. Loved the Mickey lamps at GF, YC & BC.

Ridiculous that values didn’t have coffee makers, now Pop does but not sure about others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter