How would you do both Yosemite and Disneyland?

Echo queen

<font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo
So glad I came across this thread. September 2019 I am planning a vacation in CA.
We will start the trip in Monterey, the short list is:

Monterey
Sacramento
Yosemite
Disneyland
Universal Hollywood

The number of days for each location is open.
We would be flying in from Texas.
Any tips, suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
So glad I came across this thread. September 2019 I am planning a vacation in CA.
We will start the trip in Monterey, the short list is:

Monterey
Sacramento
Yosemite
Disneyland
Universal Hollywood

The number of days for each location is open.
We would be flying in from Texas.
Any tips, suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Starting in Monterey is kind of tough because the airport there has limited flight options, although American Eagle will start seasonal flights from DFW next year. San Jose is pretty close however. I'd recommend a major airport (Oakland or San Jose) because you'll probably have better/cheaper car rental options and probably more/cheaper flights.

And research food storage in Yosemite. The bears there are known to rip car doors open.

Aokeke

Earning My Ears
Hello
How long do you have for the trip?

We did this a few summer's ago. We did the complete circle road trip. We flew into LAX and then drove up the coast (hwy 1, PCH) and hit Monterey, SF, Yosemite, and then down to Disneyland. A lot of driving and a lot of fun.

We are headed back this year and are thinking of driving long distance this time. We usually fly so this is a big deal for us.

Yosemite needs 2-3 days to fully enjoy. Also this late in the season the waterfalls will be pretty dried up.

Yosemite is Heaven on Earth.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Hello Mike , i am planning to go to Yosemite in August. You mentioned it takes 3 days to fully enjoy the area could you please recommend some things to do in that three days or just on vacation out there. Thank you

strine56

Mouseketeer
I am in the VERY early stages of hopefully planning a late June/early July trip to California. DL would be the main attraction, but I also want to do the Warner Bros. tour, an LA tour and spend a day at a beach (Huntington?). DH mentioned visiting the Grand Canyon, but that's at least an 8 hour drive. I was looking into Yosemite, but I guess that's at least 6-7 hours away. If you were going to do both the Anaheim area and Yosemite, how would plan it? Would you fly into somewhere more northern, like San Francisco and then fly out of Orange County airport? Or would you fly into and out of the LA area and drive up to Yosemite for a couple of nights? I'm not sure if hitting both is really doable, but we'd like the kids to see a National Park, if possible. Thanks for any thoughts. :)
I am a San Francisco native and we go to Disneyland and Yosemite almost every year. We did have a record amount of snow this last winter in the Sierra's. The waterfalls in Yosemite right now are spectacular! Yosemite is a must! Can you fly in to Fresno, California? You must fly in to the Fresno/Yosemite Airport. Get a rental car and drive to Yosemite from the Airport. Than drive back to the Fresno/Yosemite Airport. Take a flight in to the John Wayne Airport. Than get an Uber to your Disneyland hotel. Here is the link to the Fresno Airport. https://flyfresno.com/Mom & Seth Yosemite.jpg

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
Hello

Hello Mike , i am planning to go to Yosemite in August. You mentioned it takes 3 days to fully enjoy the area could you please recommend some things to do in that three days or just on vacation out there. Thank you
I'll give you my three top things to do:
Visit Glacier Point - 4,000 feet above the valley with spectacular views.
Mariposa Grove
Visiting the valley points of interest - base of Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite Falls - hiking to Awahnee Hotel area - you can do this the same day you visit Glacier Point. Note: If there is a new moon and the night sky isn't too bright, being up at Glacier Point to see the stars at night is incredible.
Another possible thing to do is drive up to Tuolomne Meadows and maybe have a picnic at Tenaya Lake - spectacular views.

If you like hikes, a popular one is to Vernal Falls and then Nevada Falls. That will take a day, though

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates