How would you book your excursions?

Tanya

Mouseketeer
Just looking for some advice as to booking excursions. Should we do it through DCL or on the islands?.... what do you suggest?
My daughter is only 4 so I don't know if there would be much for her..... I would love for her to see the dolphins if she can.

Thanks.
Tanya

It really depends on what you are looking to do. Also if you are the nervous type, and a worry wart like I am, then most of the time we book through the ship when the time is short in a port. When there is a full day in port, and i have been to that port before, then i usually book my own excursions outside of the cruise line.

If you book through Disney, you won't have to worry about missing the ship if your tour is late. They will either hold the ship or make arrangements for your excursion to meet them.

But if you are on your own, or on a non-Disney excursion, then if you are late and the ship sails. You are ON YOUR OWN.

This has happened twice already since I've been cruising DCL.

Rae

We booked with DCL a few weeks ahead of our cruise so our excersion passes were waiting for us in our stateroom when we boarded. No hassles with waiting in line, etc.

michael

if you book through DCL you can call them 60 days before you cruise to prebook excrusions. the tickets will be waiting for you in your stateroom. most of the excrusions fill up fast. and it also depends on what time of the year you go. so book via DCL and save the time

I just returned from the Western and had booked my excursion directly with dolphin discovery. I am sooooo glad I did, Disney cancelled all excursions that day because of the wind. Because we booked directly we were still able to swim with the dolphins, it was an experience of a lifetime.

Originally posted by Tanya
Just looking for some advice as to booking excursions. Should we do it through DCL or on the islands?.... what do you suggest?
My daughter is only 4 so I don't know if there would be much for her..... I would love for her to see the dolphins if she can.

Thanks.
Tanya

you may want to check, I think children have to be 5 and up for the dolphin excursions.

We just got the brochure for our 5/1/04 cruise. The brochure is informative & the form had the price list on it with the times.
We plan to have the form faxed back to them at the 60 days to go mark. We love the idea we don't have to rush when we board. Our first cruise 3 years ago you had to wait until you got on board to reserve your excursions. Who said change was bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter