How worth it is Palo?

Answers are all over the place. You have to do what you want and not regret. I think you have already answered that question in your head and that is to skip Palo.
We have done Palo three times now and it is fair. We only do it because we get it for free being platinum, but honestly it ain’t a big deal. We will probably skip from now on as the main dining room has better food options and is more fun for us.
Go to a nice dinner at home just the two of you and skip Palo on the cruise :)

I would skip both Wishes and Believe. Palo is OK, but I agree with previous posters that it really isn’t that awesome. I’ve had better specialty meals on other cruise lines. I would evaluate what is most important to you; time with family or time alone as a newly married couple and make your decision based on that.

I second (or third?) the suggestion to watch the show, dinner at Palo and then meet for drinks after. There will be a main dining room open for breakfast and lunch everyday as well, perhaps request everyone to meet you all for a sit down lunch on Palo day? Congratulations!!

Sadly it specifically says in the wedding packet that you can't swap it for brunch, because that was my first thought too.

Would it be possible to go to Palo after the show and cut out early to be late to dinner? Like just eat one course? Or would that be super rude to the servers? I think skipping Palo will be the answer, but I've never had a souffle before.
Have you talked with your co-ordinator? While it says that in the wedding packet they often make exceptions. I would talk with your co-ordinator before I wrote this off as a possibility.

Would it be possible to go to Palo after the show and cut out early to be late to dinner? Like just eat one course? Or would that be super rude to the servers? I think skipping Palo will be the answer, but I've never had a souffle before.
To me, the charm of Palo is in the slow-paced, multi-course meal. You won't get the full experience (or the chocolate souffle) if you're there for only one course. It's not so much an issue of being rude to the Palo server as not giving you enough time to really enjoy Palo.

Since it is your wedding week and you have a "free" meal, it may be possible to get a "to go" plate from Palo, if there's one or two menu items you really want to try but you also want to be in the main dining room. It's worth asking your coordinator.

Our first cruise was a 4 day Bahamian (Wonder) and we booked Palo for one night. We ended up missing dinner in Triton's and we've never cruised on the Wonder since. Although we really enjoy Palo I regret missing that night in Triton. I usually suggest to people that they don't do Palo on their first cruise, especially if it's only a 3 or 4 night, so that you can appreciate all of the rest that the ship has to offer before adding experiences. And especially if you're travelling with others who aren't joining you at Palo, I'd much rather spend it with them than in a different restaurant. The restaurant will always be there; people won't.

Our first cruise was a 4 day Bahamian (Wonder) and we booked Palo for one night. We ended up missing dinner in Triton's and we've never cruised on the Wonder since. Although we really enjoy Palo I regret missing that night in Triton. I usually suggest to people that they don't do Palo on their first cruise, especially if it's only a 3 or 4 night, so that you can appreciate all of the rest that the ship has to offer before adding experiences. And especially if you're travelling with others who aren't joining you at Palo, I'd much rather spend it with them than in a different restaurant. The restaurant will always be there; people won't.

FWIW, if you have been on the other DCL ships, the menu in Triton’s is pretty much the same as Lumiere’s, Royal Court, and Royal Palace. So you really didn’t miss a menu.

This isn't a question of money. We are going on our first cruise, and we happen to be getting married on our first cruise. (I also posted this in my planning journal, but I thought I would find more feedback here.) Included with the wedding is dinner at Palo for the couple. Our original plan was to do this on the last night, but now I'm thinking that this is the only time we will have this group of people together and I don't want to skip out on dinner the last night.

What I've read about with other couple's planning journals is going to Palo at 6 and then joining the group dinner at 8. My problem with this is it's going to involve missing one of the shows since it's a three night cruise. Not only do I hate the idea of missing the shows, I hate the idea of missing seeing them with my mom even more since this may be her only cruise. (She cries a lot about the magic in Disney shows at WDW and DLR, it's honestly really sweet.)

It's not like we get any money back if we skip Palo, so this won't save us any money. I don't think this will be our last cruise so in theory we can just pay for it in the future. My concern is us regretting skipping it when it's "free" after learning how good it is, whenever our next cruise is. My DF keeps saying whatever I want is fine, and I showed him the description of the shows and he wasn't super impressed.

What would you do? And if it's skipping one of the shows, would you skip The Golden Mickeys or Believe? Beauty and the Beast falls on the wedding night almost right after the wedding so we know we're going to that one.

I would skip Golden Mickey’s. Yawn.

I would skip both Wishes and Believe. Palo is OK, but I agree with previous posters that it really isn’t that awesome. I’ve had better specialty meals on other cruise lines. I would evaluate what is most important to you; time with family or time alone as a newly married couple and make your decision based on that.
She's not on the Fantasy.

Since it sounds like there's a really good chance you'll go on another Disney cruise at some point, try Palo then. I've done both Brunch and Dinner and in my opinion, the place doesn't live up to the hype. Enjoy the evening with your family.

Can you get together with the group at a bar somewhere after dinner the last night? Do the show with your Mom, then have Palo dinner, then all hang out at a bar together after they finish dinner in the MDR. It will be impossible to talk to everyone at the dinner table anyway. Having a little time together that night with just your new DH would be precious.
I'd second this. Palo dinner is nice, but it's more that you'll have a quiet dinner just the two of you. That is worth it by itself... And it's your wedding cruise! Congratulations in advance!

Palo dinner is leisurely and may take longer than you expect. If you do an early dinner there, don't expect to make it on time to a show or main dinner seating afterward. Why not do it after the early show the second night? Then you'll still be there for dinner the last night, but you'll also have a romantic meal with your new husband. We thought Palo's dinner was far tastier than the main dining rooms, which tone down the food because kids.

FWIW, if you have been on the other DCL ships, the menu in Triton’s is pretty much the same as Lumiere’s, Royal Court, and Royal Palace. So you really didn’t miss a menu.

It wasn't about the menu, but about the experience. The menu in Palo is pretty much the same from ship to ship as is the decor and ambiance. So I missed Triton for the same experience that I was able to have on the other ships every cruise.

It wasn't about the menu, but about the experience. The menu in Palo is pretty much the same from ship to ship as is the decor and ambiance. So I missed Triton for the same experience that I was able to have on the other ships every cruise.

I guess I have never seen that much difference in the “experience”. The servers wear the same costumes in them. The food is the same. The only difference is in the decor - and you could see that with breakfast or lunch in there. It’s not like Tiana’s or Rapunzel’s or Animator’s where there is a show. Just food.

But everyone is different. Perhaps my dislike of the duck-heavy menu colors my view, but it feels the exact same to me.

I guess I have never seen that much difference in the “experience”. The servers wear the same costumes in them. The food is the same.

I see the difference, but the fact is, you won't know if you are missing something unless you do go to all of the MDRs and I can say with certainty that Palo is absolutely identical on the Magic and Wonder. In any event, I'd personally rather spend time with people than with a restaurant I can experience either on a later cruise or another of the ships because it is identical even if I do enjoy the food and atmosphere.

What about your family joining you at Palo? I’m of the mindset though this is your Honeymoon cruise and I would take the time to spend the one on one time. You know your partner best though. I would do what feels right for you for this moment.

Palo is nice but not must do IMO. That said, I would gladly skip Believe or Golden Mickeys. I’m really not that crazy about most of their stage shows (and I do tend to enjoy them at the parks). I go b/c my kids want to go, but lately we’ve been sending them on their own and that’s fine too. DH almost never goes to them anymore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!