How was your 24 hours at Disneyland?

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'd love to hear how peoples experiences were of the 24 hour event at DL!

We were there from 8am - 4pm with our young kids & then 6pm -12am by ourselves. We spent the whole time at Ca Adventure, which I didn't expect, but it just worked out that way

We had really low crowds all day with most rides being less then 20 min wait & most walk on's. More crowded in the evening, but aside from the usual crush at WoC, it was manageable.

We had an amazing dinner at Carthay Circle. OMG, that shrimp dish is beyond delicious and enjoyed wandering around and people watching. There were some great costumes.

When we left the park, we started to see some people finding napping spots by Soarin' and behind Grizzly River Rapids. Mostly though, everyone seemed in good spirits and having a great time.

How was it over at Magic Kingdom?

I was there from about 3:30pm to 2am. I split my time between the 2 parks. I started at DCA which was very manageable. I ate a late lunch and rode TSM, CS, TOT, 2 rides in Bug's Land, and saw the Maleficent preview all before 6:30pm. I was lucky to be in DCA at 6pm when they announced the Maleficent meet and greet opportunity over Twitter which I went straight to and got a ticket to come back later for the meet and greet.

I then went over to Disneyland which was starting to get very crowded but was still manageable. It got really crowded though as it got closer to the Fireworks which I managed to get a somewhat decent spot in the middle of the hub about 15/20 min before. Afterwards a mass of people went to go to the 2nd Fantasmic show, which I have never seen as full as it was last night. I was lucky to get one of the last seated spots and had a pretty decent view. Following Fantasmic I walked over to Fantasyland and it was crowded there but not crazy and rode a couple of rides before finding a spot to watch the 12:30am parade, which at least on Main St. was no where near as crowded to watch as a typical afternoon parade.

I then went back to DCA which had crazy lines to get back in and went to the Maleficent meet and greet which was pretty awesome. I think the CM playing Maleficent did a pretty good job, and it was the Angelina Jolie version of Maleficent. They also gave out a coupon good towards buying a ticket to see the movie after you met her. I do wish that they had a photopass photographer there because it would have been nice to have a picture taken that wasn't just on my iPhone. I hope that they are going to be making a permanent Maleficent meet and greet in the parks after the movie opens. I then took off after that, and had one of the longest trips back to my car I've had in the last 2 years sine becoming a passholder again.

The event was amazing!
The characters were in pajamas.
EC189C4C-2E21-4EA3-883C-550423D8CA4F_zpsgwoxsyg6.jpg

F40FDD45-C57F-41FB-A71F-AA47839548A8_zpsmaf1nqhi.jpg

The castle looked amazing!
31936043-C957-4668-8818-827C963B34FD_zpshlyirdej.jpg

Goofy was dressed up as Darth Vader
8F971ED6-4C27-4B1F-A485-1EDE718E9373_zpsx2k7dpss.jpg

It was great!

The day was great! I got there at 6am and stayed a little after 1am. I was expecting terrible crowds, but I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for a ride. It seemed to be more chaotic at DCA for a little while, but not any more crowded than a normal day. Around 1pm I saw FP available for RR for 8pm. It got pretty crowded in Disneyland around 5pm or 6 and the viewing for the 9pm Fantasmic! was filled to capacity at least 30 minutes before the show. It looked like a ton of people left the park around midnight.
And I know it was stated earlier, but the parade was not as crowded as the parade normally is. I sat down an hour before it started, but there were people who were finding spots right before it started.
I was in the parks on Tuesday and I waited longer for rides then than I did on 24 hour Disney Day. However, I did stop riding rides around 10pm. It looked like Indiana Jones was getting extremely long. They brought the line to the second story que area of Jungle Cruise.
I also didn't see as many people sleeping as I thought I would see. There were some before 10am and while waiting for the parade, but other than that everyone seemed pretty awake.
Also, the food lines weren't too long. Plaza Inn was the only place I saw with a long line. Even Gibson Girl was walk-up before the 12:30 parade.

We had a blast! Got there a little before 8am and left around 1:30am. We mostly stayed in DL. Our costumes were a much bigger hit then we ever expected, which was fun! (We were the Tron couple with the light up costume if you saw us) so we had lots of conversations with lots of different people which was the most fun. People were so nice and overall everyone had wonderful attitudes all day! We ok it easy and didn't really ride a whole lot. We did ride big thunder twice and both agreed we love the new version. So much fun! Had one teenage girl trying to sneak a picture of us in line and her flash was on so she got busted. Lol. I'm sure she thought we looked silly. Hope we don't end up on any memes. ;)

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9894%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B58432%3B45245ot1lsi

We had a blast! Got there a little before 8am and left around 1:30am. We mostly stayed in DL. Our costumes were a much bigger hit then we ever expected, which was fun! (We were the Tron couple with the light up costume if you saw us) so we had lots of conversations with lots of different people which was the most fun. People were so nice and overall everyone had wonderful attitudes all day! We ok it easy and didn't really ride a whole lot. We did ride big thunder twice and both agreed we love the new version. So much fun! Had one teenage girl trying to sneak a picture of us in line and her flash was on so she got busted. Lol. I'm sure she thought we looked silly. Hope we don't end up on any memes. ;)

Cool outfits, too bad DCA no longer has ElecTRONica... Your costumes would have been a perfect fit there. :-)

My wife and I arrived around 2pm, walked to the tram at Mickey & Friends and there were only about 3 others on the tram. Weird we thought. Zero line for security on the Downtown Disney side. No line at Disneyland entrance gate at 2:20pm. I think because they had every gate open. 25 minute wait for Star Tours, and fastpasses were just an hour after that.
Rode the train and exited near Tomorrowland to be surprised with Autopia a 10 minute wait. Only big crowds we saw were in the Rivers area mainly due to strollers. Tried the Pastrami flatbread pizza which was good, but expensive to me. Watched Iron Man2 at the Captain EO theater which was a different thing to do there I thought. Never filled up to capacity so we went again later to watch the beginning of Thor. No surround sound, but great front speakers they had brought in just for it. Some people were sleeping in there which I wished cast members would have woken them up so we could have gotten by them for better seats.
Went to DCA around 9pm, and it was crowded, but not too bad, but the Mad Tea Party band at 10pm had the biggest crowd I'd ever seen. It was similar to a house-of-blues concert atmosphere to me.
Radiator Springs was just a 90 minute wait at 11pm which I thought short as on Thursday it was 120 minutes.
at 12am at Disneyland the dance party at the castle created an different mood than I'd seen there before with cast members dancing with some guests near the Bakery Restaurant. 5 minute line for coffee there and the great Matterhorn Macaroon which is just $1.99! I think the best deal for a treat in the part hands down.
Rode Star Tours again for a 25 minute wait. Rode Big Thunder with 45 minute wait, (should have done fastpass).
Haunted Mansion 25 minutes. Ate over at Hungry Bear area, zero wait for the turkey sandwich.
I'd go to this even again, it was crowded, but not a nightmare since no Grad Nite I think.
Loved the costumes... seemed similar to comic-con at times, but more Disney types.
We left at 2am and there were tons of people just arriving. They looked to be the younger crowd arriving 20's or less. Longer lines at the gate then, but also only half the gates were open.
The biggest difference to me was that more people seemed to be having fun during this event than at a normal day. And very sociable. Had many many people just bring up conversations, of all ages to us. Even more cast members were talking to us about just random things. Many saying they were trying to get extra shifts to be a part of all the fun.
I'm still pretty tired out from it... and yes it's two days later... I must be getting old as recovery takes longer now. I'm glad we got the So Cal AP's and were not blocked out for this.

It was a long day but my son (16 tmrw) and I survied all 24+ hours.

this was at 5am when we got there.
10386823_10154153763910290_208257354211562744_n.jpg

and this is what we looked like at 6am the next day LOL.
1513729_10154157541075290_967377188875327886_n.jpg

We had a great time but said we will both never do it again. LOL It was like over kill. But have some pride being able to say we were there for 24hours. Others call it crazy lol

If you want to see more pics we have an hour by hour play by play on instagram #ampm24hrdisney (am pm our both our initials funny enough)

I had a really good time! I'm on my way home now, but I'm hoping to write up a photo-based trip report when I get home and download my camera.

I got there a little after 5:00 am (got one of the last lanyards) and made all 24-hours! I was feeling fine until I got back to the hotel...then I was wiped! :rotfl:

Overall, the crowds weren't as bad as I thought they would be...we managed to park hop pretty easily. We got a lot of rides done in the morning and then did a fair amount of people watching in the evening and night. Some of the costume were pretty cool! Lots of princesses and other Disney characters.

crystal1313, I think I saw you at one point! I was on the train at the Main Street station and I saw a couple in TRON costumes walking on Main Street.

Had to be us figment! I saw no one else dressed as Tron at all the time that we were there. We stuck out a lot at night and we were in Main Street for awhile. :)

Had to be us figment! I saw no one else dressed as Tron at all the time that we were there. We stuck out a lot at night and we were in Main Street for awhile. :)

Did you watch the 10:30 pm Fantasmic or at least get snacks from the Stage Door Cafe around 10:00 pm? I saw a fellow in a TRON shirt (it didn't look like it lit-up, so I didn't say anything).

It was a long day but my son (16 tmrw) and I survied all 24+ hours.

If you want to see more pics we have an hour by hour play by play on instagram #ampm24hrdisney (am pm our both our initials funny enough)

My parents are AM & PM too. :)

It was a blast until after the fireworks, things got a little hectic. I was not a fan of the DJs everywhere, especially in front of the castle, but lots of people seemed to like it. I was there from about 5:45am until after 1am. We were over in DCA after Fantasmic and went on a few things... Went to go back to DL and the line at the gates was pretty long so I decided to call it a day. All of my other friends took breaks at the hotel throughout the day so or either left early or arrived much later so I ended up at the parks much longer than everybody.

I was dressed up and Syndrome and the only other friend I went with that was dressed up was Russel

I did see one other tron early in the day, it was only one person though and the costume was not that great. I rode PoTC with you guys.

I did see one other tron early in the day, it was only one person though and the costume was not that great. I rode PoTC with you guys.

Oh my goodness!! So funny. Small world! I loved your costume :) I was hoping to see you later in the day. Did you get to ride all the rides you wanted? We were impressed with how much you had gotten done. You were one of the people we had so much fun talking with :)

Oh my goodness!! Small world. We loved your costume!! Did you end up riding all the rides you wanted to get done? We were hoping to run into you later in the night to see. You were one of the people we really enjoyed talking with. :)

Oh my goodness!! Small world. We loved your costume!! Did you end up riding all the rides you wanted to get done? We were hoping to run into you later in the night to see. You were one of the people we really enjoyed talking with. :)

Didn't get to do the Astro Orbiter or Jungle Cruise in DL or Mater's, Luigis, or the Swings in DCA. So I did do a ton, just not everything. After standing for Magical and Fantasmic i pretty much ran out of gas. Still made it 3 more hours then called it a night.

I love, love reading these reports!! :cool1: :cool1:

I looked at the web cams throughout the day and was surprised at how it didn't seem that crowded. Was thrilled with the quality of the video.

Tried to watch the parade, fireworks, etc. in the evening, but the video wasn't all that great at that point and was really jumpy. I think the combination of the loss of light and the fact that my Internet connection is much faster at work made the difference.

Nice to at least try to live vicariously, though.

Please keep sharing, folks!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

my feet are still in recovery, got there at 8am and stayed till 6am, by myself! haha my friends let me down :( but i had an awesome awesome day, would do it again for sure, and i don't know about you guys but the parks were super crowded for me, what surprised me the most was the line for the matterhorn after midnight.
i went to the 8am meet and got my button, people were asking me about it, sadly i missed the other two meets.
most magical moment was storybookland canal boats at "sunrise" oh!!! and i got to meet fawn!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter